1KA tool is continuously evolving. Therefore, every two months an upgrade is made on www.1ka.si. New functionalities are systematically presented every time an upgrade is carried out.
After each upgrade we recommend you to refresh with CTRL + F5 command or delete files and images from the cache by using the CTRL + SHIFT + DELETE. More >>
June 2020 (Version 20.06.19)
On Tuesday, June 30, 2020, a major upgrade of the 1KA tool took place, as part of which many significant improvements were made to existing functionalities and new functionalities were added. The following should be emphasized in particular:
- Renewed cover and outer shell of 1KA tool
- Transition of tool operation to subscription packages. More >>
- Interface for purchasing a package (subscription), the possibility of reviewing over the subscription and payments. More >>
- Arrangement of the basic level of accessibility for all surveys on www.1ka.si, 1ka.arnes.si and other 1KA virtual domains. More>>
- Upgrading the granting of access to other editors (possibility to add a message). More>>
- Rearrange advanced module questionnaire entry. More>>
- Improvements to existing settings and functionality (e.g. question timer, question library, advanced split screen module / page evaluation, etc.)
March 2020 (Version 20.03.02)
On Saturday, March 7, 2020, a major upgrade of the 1KA tool took place, with many major improvements made to existing functionalities and new functionalities were added. In particular, the following should be noted:
- Quickly add passwords for respondents' access to the survey: If you want to provide passwords to respondents for access to the survey, you can edit this via the Add password to access the survey. There is now also an option for massively adding passwords (in the case of multiple passwords).More >>
- Estimating duration of the survey using blocks: If we have questions organized into blocks, we can monitor the duration of completion of such questionnaire (rating and actual time). More >>
- Optimizing data generation
December 2019 (Version: 19.11.30)
On Sunday, December 8, 2019, a major upgrade of the 1KA tool took place, with many improvements made to existing functionalities and a number of important new functionalities developed in October and November. In particular, the following should be noted:
- Upgraded table type question:
- Automatic spreading of tables on mobile devices: A table type question and all subtypes and table type question sets are automatically displayed on mobile devices as a set of basic question types. For example, if we have a type of question “table- one answer” with 5 different sub-questions, the question will appear on mobile devices in the form of a set of 5 consecutive questions of category type - one answer. In doing so, we can turn on the possibility that these issues are automatically raised. When the respondent answers a sub-question, it closes (respondent’s answer is shown under the question) and opens a new one. More >>
- Repeating the tittle bar (in the case of multiple items): If we have a table with a large number of items (e.g. 20) in the survey, we can set the title bar (the answer bar – e.g. I agree - disagree) to repeat every 5, 10, 15, or 20 items. More >>
- Upgraded computation type question: Computation (calculated values) are now treated by 1KA in the same way as a number type question. This means that in the analyses, we can also look at a graphical representation of the computation type of question, look at averages, etc. More >>
- Possibility of automatically opening block questions on PC and mobile devices: If we organize the questions into blocks, we have the additional possibility to set the questions inside the block so that they are automatically opened when the respondent answers the question. More >>
- Additional warnings when deleting test data: Testing the questionnaire is a very important part of the survey process. With the help of test entries, we can collect test unit comments in addition to test data. It should be noted that with one click it is possible to delete test entries from the survey when they are no longer needed, but any comments on the questions are also deleted. Therefore, we recommend that you export and archive comments before deleting test entries. More >>
- The logo change also applies to mobile devices. If you personalize the online survey with your logo, the setting you made for the survey on PC will also apply to display of the survey on mobile devices. More >>
October 2019 (Version: 19.09.15)
On Sunday, October 6, 2019, a major upgrade of 1KA took place, with some new features available to users. In particular, the following should be noted:
Renewed questionnaire export, analysis and reports design: In addition to the newer design, which is now in line with the rest of the graphic design of the 1KA tool, we have also edited the exports for newer question types.
- Updated GDPR profile settings. More >>
- Updated GDPR settings for the individual survey. More >>
- New GDPR printouts:
- The ability to filter surveys based on whether GDPR is turned on in the My Surveys tab. More >>
- New FAQs on GDPR. More >>
Updated display of grid question on mobile devices: By default, 1KA has customized the question on the mobile phone as a series of questions (survey example - mobile preview), now it is possible to turn on automatic question expanding (survey example - mobile preview).
Updated video tutorial Easy survey creation.
Updated API documentation. More >>
Updated mobile app. More >>
Updated help links inside the app (question mark icon in the upper right corner).
Two functionalities to enhance your 1KA account security:
- Password complexity verification: To increase the protection of 1KA users' accounts, we have added functionality that warns if the password is not complex enough. The functionality will help register all new 1KA users or existing users that changed their password. The password must be at least 8 characters long, including at least 1 letter and at least 1 number.
- Two-factor 1KA login authentication: when logging into 1KA, two-factor authentication is now available, which means that in addition to the selected password, you also enter a special code that is obtained through a separate code generation application. More >>
August 2019 (Version: 19.08.21)
A major upgrade of the 1KA tool has been carried out. Many improvements have been made to existing functionalities and bug fixes, both on the general www.1ka.si domain and on virtual domains.
Additional options for the combined table: the ability to change the width of each subquestion in the combined table. More >>
Two-factor authentication for administrators: More >>
June 2019 (Version: 19.06.07)
Changed data export settings: three possible ways to export data and para data – export data, identifiers only or export data and para data. More >>
Export information on the use of randomization: when exporting para data, the order of eventual randomizations of questions, responses or blocks is also exported. More >>
Integration of questions to mobile devices: font size of the questions and answers is increased, all input fields take up to 100% of the screen width. Tables and all subtypes of the question type “table” on mobile devices turn into the basic type of question with the basic vertical layout, where each button occupies 100% width. The same applies to additional settings, e.g. display of answers in multiple columns or display of questions horizontally beside/under the question. “Sorting” type of question on a mobile device is displayed in the form of a drop-down list that is adjusted for mobile devices. More >>
March 2019 (Version: 19.03.15)
Randomization of questions, answers and blocks: in addition to the existing options for random sorting of answers and questions in the survey, now in the case of more blocks, it is possible to randomly sort blocks. For all three types of sorting, the registration in paradoxes is also arranged, which means that the survey editor can see in which order the blocks, questions or answers were shown to the respondent. More >>
The option of limiting the number of checkboxes to choose: You can now set a minimum and maximum number of possible responses for a category "multiple-answer" type question.
Upgraded the "Other" response that allows the respondent to enter his answer: in the case of a compulsory question, the respondent must also enter the answer when choosing the answer “Other”.
Added a new language for respondents - Hebrew, which is also arranged from right to left. More >>
The ability to disable the question for the respondent: in addition to locking the editing of the question for the survey editor, we can now disable the question even for the respondent. The respondent can see the question and answer (for example, if it is completed), but cannot change it. More >>
January 2019 (Version: 19.01.18)
A major upgrade of the online survey tool 1KA (version 19.01.18) was carried out. There have been many improvements to existing functionalities and implemented new functionalities developed in the period from October 2018 to January 2019.
- New themes for online surveys: in addition to classic colour themes, there are now 2 dynamic themes (1KA Nature and 1KA Office) with 15 randomly displayed images. More >>
- The ability to sort the response values: the values of the answers to an individual question can now be sorted out by one click. Also, now turning on the 'Edit Response Values' function remains on and visible, even when the editor of the question is closed. More >>
- The ability to copy questions and answers from Word to 1KA while creating a survey: Once we have a survey in 1KA, we can copy questions and answers directly from Word to 1KA. You can do this in the same way as in the interface for creating a new survey. More >>
Upgraded existing functionalities:
- Enhanced translation interface: the interface for adding a translation of the survey to other languages now allows you to also translate even more recent types of questions (slider, hotspot). More >>
October 2018 (version: 18.10.27)
With the last upgrade, which took place on Saturday, September 27, 2018, we mainly upgraded the external shell of the website (the responsive design), where we improved the appearance of the site on mobile devices. We have also upgraded the search engine.
- The ability to copy text of questions and answers from text files (e.g. from Word) to 1KA. More >>
- New survey topics for online and mobile surveys. More >>
- Ability to track alerts (alerts on mandatory questions, alerts when entering numbers, sum alerts and validation alerts). Functionality is available for administrators. More >>
September 2018 (version: 18.09.07)
The outer shell of the site has been completely renewed, such as the setting of the responsive design, as well as the entire colour image and the 1KA logo. The shape and image of the inside of the application almost did not change, only slightly adjusted the colour. The whole design is the work of the design studio Toaster. A simple interface for registration on virtual 1KA domains has also been renewed.
- New options for creating a survey: copy from the template, copy the existing survey and self-evaluation hierarchy. More >>
- A new type of question: a visual analogue scale. More >>
- Overview of the login history and the latest login in the 1KA application. More >>
Upgrade of existing functionalities:
- An updated search engine based on surveys and content: searching for the root of the words (declining). More >>
- Extended options for disseminating a public connection to data and analyses: turn on the password to access the public connection and refresh the public connection to 15 seconds. More>>
June 2018 (version: 18.06.23)
The upgrade mainly covers the adjustments to the GDPR settings and other minor irregularities in the operation of the 1KA tool.
May 2018 (version: 18.05.18)
Under the new Regulation on the Protection of Personal Data (GDPR), within the framework of the 1KA tool, we implemented a range of measures, from technical adjustments to new functionalities available to the author of the survey (editor) or respondent.
- The GDPR profile settings where the editor can edit their GDPR profile, monitors the list of their surveys that are potentially bound to GDPR and processes requests for deletion, alteration, or insight into the survey data provided by respondents for his surveys. More >>
- GDPR survey settings where the editor can additionally regulate the GDPR settings for a particular survey (determine which personal data he collects, choose a template for the consent to collect personal data, edit details about collecting personal data (information for respondents)). More >>
- Possibility to submit a request for deletion, alteration or review of survey data. More >>
Other new functionalities:
- The possibility of adding an alternative mail. More >>
Upgrade of existing functionalities:
- More options when setting the timer for answering. More >>
- Added new language (Hindi) for respondents (translated standard words). More >>
March 2018 (version 18.02.28)
Renewed search through the application, which works separately by content (always in the upper right corner of the web page) and by questionnaires (within the application in the 'My Surveys' tab). More >>
A new advanced module »Panel« was created to connect a survey with online panels, where 1KA users can recruit respondents (e.g. Valicon, GfK). More >>
Ability to limit the number of characters is added at open questions. More >>
January 2018 (version: 18.1.8)
- Updated 1KA Content Search Engine: A search engine on the cover of 1KA that crawls the content of the site (manuals, FAQs, content). The ability to use an advanced search engine where you can optionally add search criteria. More >>
- The search engine for questionnaires has been updated, but it only works inside 1KA for registered users.
- Advanced settings for open questions: enable the feature to show previous respondents' answers to open questions. Useful for collecting different opinions, suggestions etc. More >>
- Insights into the process of editing the questionnaire (who, when, and what changed) for users with admin status: Administrators can now track and analyse activities that take place in the survey, which is useful especially in the case of multiple survey editors. This allows the administrator to track basic information about the survey editors, editing time, number of sessions, and the number of actions the editor has taken. More >>
Upgrade of existing functionalities:
- Ability to share custom report among survey editors: We can share custom report among other survey editors. Survey editors with access to a custom report can edit and view it but cannot rename or delete it. More >>
- Ability to include the survey in folders when creating: In addition to organizing surveys into folders in the 'My surveys’ tab, surveys can now be sorted into the appropriate folder at the time of the creation itself or later in the survey settings. More >>
May 2017 (version: 17.05.02)
- Advanced module 'Self-evaluation in schools': support for the evaluation of teacher work by students, both in secondary and primary schools. More >>
- Advanced module 'Chat': An advanced chat module can be turned on within the questionnaire, allowing for a combination of quantitative and qualitative research. More >>
- Analysis of the location of the respondents by IP address: The tab 'Dashboard' - 'IP Location' provides an overview of the respondents by country and city. More >>
- New question type 'Heatmap': Allows graphical representation of results using colors. More >>
Upgrade of existing functionalities:
- Added the 'Select location' option to the question type 'Location': the respondent is shown on the map predefined locations with a text box to enter their answer (for example the largest places are marked on the map and the respondent enters at each location, what he likes most there). More >>
- Without accepting a cookie, the respondent cannot continue responding to the survey: When you turn on cookie storage, a setting is added: if the respondent does not accept the cookie, he is prevented from completing the survey. More >>
- The highlighted option for adding an introduction inside the questionnaire: Editing the questionnaire in the right column now also has an icon for adding the ‘Introduction’ question type. More >>
- Added the option to select a time for the 'Date' question: You can allow the respondent to select the time in addition to the date. More >>
- Added the ability to customize the format of surveys for people with disabilities (accessibility) and edit CSS code for mobile survey forms. More >>
January 2017 (version 17.01.29)
Revamped interface for survey, form and voting creation:
- By revamping the interface, visual outlook and usability were improved. New functionality of importing archival surveys saved on a computer was also added. More >>
New survey templates:
- Pre-set survey template was redesigned. For surveys created using the old template, the template won't be changed.
- Beside the templates that can be chosen for use on PC, different templates can now also be chosen for mobile devices. Five new mobile templates are now available. More >>
New options for adding icons when using image question type:
- When using image question type, which is one of the layouts of question type "Categories - single answer" new icons are now available. Besides already existing stars, smileys and thumbs, now heart, flag or user can be used. More >>
New functionalities when conducting calculations
- Option of treating nonresponse as a value 0 (option is enabled by ticking the box “Missing value as 0”) was added when using calculations. In the case when respondents do not answer all the questions included into the calculation, the value of the question is treated as a 0. If that option is not selected, calculation renders value -88 for nonresponses which in turn creates an error in the calculation. More >>
Added functionality for identification and redirection of respondents:
- In the end of the survey user can set that respondents are linked to a certain website after the completion of the survey. Additional parameters can be included into URL address: a) respondent's ID, b) respondent's status, c) by using data piping, value of system variables in the survey can be included (example: https://www.1ka.si?q1=#Q1#). More >>
Additional option when using question type Location:
- When using question type Location, it is possible to focus on the map by using button "Set focus" that is located on the map. More >>
Question type Slider can now be added directly:
- Question type Slider which is a special layout of question type "number" can now simply be selected from the array of all question types when editing questionnaire. More >>
Addition of new API functions:
- Application 1KA enables integration with other systems and applications through its API (application program interface) interface. Some reading and writing functions were prepared. With the newest reading function, a list of all public links for a certain survey can be obtained. More >>
September 2016 (Version: 16.09.17)
New question types:
- Image Hotspot: option to set up a question with an image, where respondent answers by marking one or more regions on an image. More >>
- Photograph: respondents can make selfies and other photographs that are then saved as answers in a database (with links to images). More >>
- Placing answers on stripes: with question types 'table – classic' and 'table – semantic differential' you can place answers on stripes (useful for questions such as Net Promoter Score). More >>
Setting up a static first page (introduction): possibility of setting up a static introduction or displaying the CAPTCHA verifying test that enables avoidance of false (computer generated) clicks on a survey. More >>
Possibility of adding conditions based on respondent's device: when inserting conditions, we can determine that only respondents accessing survey through a certain device can answer it (eg. telephone, computer, tablet or robot.). More >>
Update of 1KA email invitation system: updated interface for sending email invitations. At the same time option of sending invitations through mail or SMSs was added. Interface also supports (documents) sending invitations through these channels. More >>
Upgraded 'drag and drop' question type: setting up a 'drag – drop' layout is now available also for question type 'table – multiple answers' where it is possible to choose between different layouts such as frames or boxes. More >>
Option to set default answer labels for 'category – single answer' question type: default answer labels (eg. agree, true) that are available for 'table – classic' question type, can now also be used for 'category – single answer' question type. More >>
July 2016 (Version: 16.07.8)
New type of question – location: new question type with two ways of entering location that enables location recognition of respondents and marking different locations on the map. More >>
Advanced option of adding pictures as an answer: option of quick adding of picture that allows adding picture as an answer with only one click. More >>
New module for creating quizzes: new module enables creation of different quizzes and tests. The specialty of turning quiz module on is its option of predetermining correct and wrong answers. At the end of the quiz or survey all questions are listed and correct and wrong answers with it. More >>
Option of editing survey after its completion by respondents: in the end of the survey we can enable show of a link for editing survey after its completion that allows respondent to access and edit survey after its completion. More >>
May 2016 (Version: 16.05.17)
Settings of export of PDF / RTF files with responses: in 1KA tool users can export the whole questionnaire and display of the respondent's answers in PDF or RTF format. More >>
Setting the default responses: In the 'Edit' - 'Questionnaire' tab users can set a default response. In this case, when the respondent sees the question, a default answer will already be selected. Respondent can however select a different answer. More >>
Option to see changes made to the survey: In the 'Archive' tab users can – in addition to the already existing archives of questionnaire, data, invitations, analysis, survey and test entries – monitor changes made to the questionnaire, changes made to the respondent’s data (archive of the data changes is automatically generated when users change the respondent’s data in the Quick view) and changes of appending/merging data (import). More >>
Option of graphic display of averages for the question type category - single answer and number: For question type category – single answer and question type number users can now select a chart type ‘Average’ (in the ‘Analyse’ – ‘Charts’ tab). This can be selected in case the questions (category – single answer and number) are ordinal variables (we can calculate the averages). More >>
Additional options of editing data of the respondent: In the ‘Quick edit respondents’ users can copy the entire data of individual respondent. By copying all the data (answers) of the respondent will be copied, but not the paradata. The functionality is useful, if we (editors) are manually entering the data and we have a large number of respondents with identical answers. More >>
Option to disable automatic enumeration of questions: New option in the Settings tab, that enables you to disable automatic enumeration of questions, which means that the name of the question will maintain the same, regardless off the changes we made by moving or deleting questions. More >>
Upgraded Insight of responses by pages in the ‘Dashboard’ tab: In the ‘Dashboard’ tab users can now filter Responses by pages according to different statuses and thus analyse in details, where respondents are leaving the survey. More >>
Upgraded options for using comments: In addition to making comments on questions, editors of the survey can now add comments on conditions and blocks. Another novelty is the option to include comments by default – when creating a new survey, the comments will be automatically included. More >>
New question type ‘drag and drop’: For questions category - single answer and category – multiple answers a new layout is available – ‘drag and drop’, enabling a creative display of questions, whereby the respondent selects an answer by moving options (possible answers), or classifying them into groups etc. The functionality also works on the mobile version. More >>
January 2016 (Version: 16.01.08)
Exporting data into SPSS with one click: 1KA now offers an option to export data into SPSS with just one click. By clicking on the button ‘Export to SPSS’, a file with data (.SAV) will be saved on your computer. Data is already prepared for further analysis. More >>
Setting quotas based on variables in the questionnaire: in the questionnaire’s editor we have a new question type ‘Quota’ (under Advanced features). With quotas we can determine the exact number of respondents who can see a certain question(s), by different criteria (e. g. sex, age). Quotas can also be used even if we want to determine the exact number of people who can see a specific answer (e.g. registrations for workshops, where only limited number of people can apply to a certain workshop). More >>
Creating Max-Diff table (table where respondent can choose the most and at least important answer): suitable for marketing surveys where we want respondent to select the most important and at least important answer. We can use MaxDiff table by inserting table-single answer question type and then choosing ‘MaxDiff’ layout. In that case, the table-single answer will transform in a way, that answers (e.g. factors, characteristics) are set in the middle and the categories (e.g. most important, least important) are set leftmost and rightmost. More >>
Tracking survey changes in the archive: In the questionnaire archive we can track all changes made to the questionnaire. More >>
Option for editing calculations (e.g., determining the number of decimals for the calculation's result): when we use calculations, the results often include numbers with multiple decimal places, which may lack transparency. From now on, you can determine to how many decimals the number should be rounded. More >>
Added option for transferring values from the answer of one question into the text of another question's answer: in addition to the option of transferring values from the answer of one question into the text of another question, we can now transfer the value form one of the answers in the text of the next question. More >>
Upgraded interface for adding respondents into email invitations: more operators and option to import databases in different formats: added option to import different file formats, added option of using more operators. More >>
New option for managers of virtual domains: option of adding existing users under theirs overview (linked to the domain, e.g. @1ka.si) and the option of sending email invitations (through own server) to users of the domain. More >>
October 2015 (Version: 15.10.15)
Larger upgrade of advance module to support telephone surveys:
- improved interface to review added contacts;
- added search engine to search through contacts, for example if you want to change the telephone number of a particular contact (particularly useful in case of a large number of contacts);
- new call status 'D - delayed', which we do not wish to call a number at the moment, when it is presented to the interviewer.
- the possibility of adding access to the survey to interviewers (interviewers only have access to the interface for calling, but not to editing or viewing data);
- added a summary review of calls by the interviewer (in the Dashboard);
- automatic 'locking' of numbers in case of several interviewers (the same number cannot be displayed to two different interviewers at the same time)
New options for blocks, e.g. random classification of questions in a block: in the block settings now is the option to randomly sort the content (questions) of the block. Here we can determine, whether all or only part of questions will be randomly displayed to the respondent. For example, if we have a quiz with 100 questions in a block, we can determine that each only 20 random questions from the block will be displayed to the respondent. More >>
Upgraded options for users with administrator status (administrators of own installations):
- Copy a folder with its surveys: When you want to have more copies or versions of same questionnaires, you can copy multiple surveys at once with just one click. For example, we have a series of questionnaires for the Organization 1, organized in one folder, and we want the same questionnaires for the Organization 2. By clicking on the ‘Copy folder’ the map will double and thus all associated questionnaires in the folder where then edited only example. Now all you have to do is, to change the name of the folder, questionnaires and e.g. organization, where applies.
- In the 'My Surveys' - 'Activities' tab is now filtering option in individual subtabs (Weekly, Monthly, Yearly, Total). Filtering can be done specifically according to the survey statuses 5 (partially completed) and 6 (completed).
August/September 2015 (Version: 15.09.15)
Upgrade of advance module to support telephone surveys: waiting list added, which shows list of numbers we have an appointment for another call and calling list, that shows list of all numbers lined up for call. Option to determine the order of calls was added: fixed, random, A-Z, Z-A. Other data can be shown in the telephone module interface, beside telephone number: name, surname and name of company – everything that makes calling easier, we can instantly see who our contact person is. More >>
New type of question – image type: with question type category – single answer new type of layout is available - image type. You can choose between three images: star, thumbs (up) and smile emoticons. It’s mostly suitable for graphic presentations of scales, e.g. popularity, satisfaction, usability, etc., where the respondent, for example, assess satisfaction with the website by selecting a number of stars. More >>
Option to change the size of radio and checkbox buttons separately mobile surveys: with questions that include radio buttons or checkboxes, we can change the size of button for the entire survey, specifically for mobile phones. So we can only adjust the size of the buttons for the survey on the mobile phone, while a survey completed by computer remains unchanged. More >>
Option to choose between the nominal and ordinal type of scales directly in the taskbar: in question taskbar we have a lot of different options for editing: copying, adding conditions, question preview and an option to delete a question. For questions type 'category – single answer', 'category – multiple answers' and 'tables' additional options is available, where we can choose between nominal or ordinal scale type directly in the taskbar. More >>
Upgraded options for administrators (administrators of own installation): search engine for users (useful especially for administrators with larger user database), option to send messages to other users, new question type – electronic signature. More >>
New email address for notifying respondents and editors of surveys (email@example.com): default address for sending e-invites from 1KA system and notifying (notifying about filled out survey, status of survey and deleting survey) firstname.lastname@example.org was changed into email@example.com.
Email address firstname.lastname@example.org for contacting users was replaced with new email address - email@example.com.
June/July 2015 (Version: 15.07.15)
The new functionality of resizing radio and checkbox buttons: you can change the size of radio and checkbox buttons for the entire survey (25 x 25 px up to a maximum of 55 × 55 px), which is due to the specific way of using particularly recommended for mobile devices. More >>
Additional editing options for slider question type: there are new options for editing the slider, including the possibility of using default descriptive labels (eg. the scale for validity, agreement, likeability, etc.), turning off slider’s handle, and turning off the number above selected point. More >>
Option to edit messages for respondents in the case of survey quotas: if you use quotes to limit the number of answers, you can now change the message displayed to respondents, when the quota is met. The message can be altered in the Standard words tab or directly in the Activity/Quotas tab, where you can turn on quotas. More >>
Survey option to display blocks in form of tabs: if the survey contains blocks in form of tabs, respondents can complete the questionnaire moving as usual (by clicking Next button) or by clicking on the individual tabs (blocks) that are positioned on the top the questionnaire. In a similar way you can navigate through the survey when editing the questionnaire. More >>
Exposed and upgraded option of importing data: Import data, which includes adding and merging data, is exposed as a separate option in the Data tab. The functionality is upgraded and every step that leads you through the process of adding/merging data is described. More >>
April/May 2015 (Version: 15.05.15)
Additional adjustments of online surveys on mobile devices: added automatic adjustment of questions with inserted video. In the tab 'EDIT' - 'Settings' are also added Mobile settings where you can turn off the option to adjust to the mobile device (e.g., for testing, etc.).
Organizing surveys in folders: we added a new administrative functionality, which increases the transparency over surveys. Users can create folders where you drag and drop the surveys and organize them into folders according to topic, time, purpose, etc. More >>
Limiting the number of (valid) answers: functionality of limiting valid answers was added. Users can specify the maximum number of replies regard to the valid units (partially completed or completed surveys). The survey will be automatically deactivated when it reaches the maximum number of replies. More >>
Additional options for editing questions:
- Option of sequential filtering of questions: questions within a block can now be formed in a series of interrelated questions, where each following is conditionally shown based on the answer to the previous question, the so-called 'drill down'. More >>
- Option to hide radio and checkbox buttons: you can hide the checkbox or radio button next to the text or image of categories, which is especially useful for image questions on mobile surveys. More >>
- Option to display numeric question types in the form of a slider: for numeric question types you can set the input method in the form of a slider. More >>
- Option to hide (deactivate) certain categories of answers in an already active survey: in case of questions with multiple categories users now have the option to hide individual categories that will not be shown to new respondents, while the already collected data collected won’t get lost. Functionality is especially recommended for registrations for events, individual workshops, where eg. one of the workshop is already filled. More >>
- Option to display categories in a form of a selection list: question types 'category – one answer' and 'category – multiple answers' can be displayed in a form of a list, from which the respondent can choose one or more answers. More >>
- Option to insert conditions for display of a category or other question: when editing a question, you can see two icons for conditions next to each category: icon IF* for conditions to show categories (IF *), where you can determine when to display individual category, and follow up condition (IF->), where you can set chosen category as a condition to display another question. More >>
February/March 2015 (Version: 15.03.15)
- Option to export the table of usable respondents in Excel. More >>
- Added option to show the answers 'do not know', 'Inadequate' and 'Refused' only after a reminder or mandatory question. More >>
- Adjustments for mobile survey: automatic adjustment of images, adjustment of table-type questions with the help of step by step mode, adjustment of ranking question types (from 'moving/relocation' to 'numbering') and adjustment of layout of categories (from 'horizontal' to 'vertical'), preview for mobile phones and tablets. More >>
Upgrade of language settings
- Allows you to customize messages to inform respondents on a completed survey in case of multiple languages within the survey. More >>
- Added option to choose the display mode of the language selection, when a survey has multiple languages for respondents. We can offer an option to choose the language in the form of a radio button or dropdown menu (recommended in case of multiple languages). More >>
New options for design
- Added additional options for designing the questionnaire – different ways of visually separating questions (frame, line or none). More >>
- Added setting for the ‘Introduction’ question type to separate the introduction from the remaining questions. More >>
Upgrade of existing settings
- Upgraded use of archives within surveys, added survey archive, where you can save an archive file of a questionnaire (with data) to your computer and test data archive, where you can see the number of test data and automatically generated test data. More >>
- In the 'My survey' tab an overview of survey activity is added, where blue dot represents an active survey, a grey dot represents a survey that is not activated yet.
December 2014/January 2015 (Version: 15.01.15)
New user settings options:
- View all surveys (directory): In the Interface settings, users can choose between the basic (default) and new advanced user interface that allows you to adjust the display of survey properties (columns).
- Quick survey creation (Oneclick create): users can turn on a new option that allows you to create surveys with a single click.
- Settings for the creation of a new survey: users can activate the new default settings to show/hide introduction, conclusion and the title of the survey.
More options for editing introduction and conclusion:
- Added icons (in the shape of an eye) to show or hide the introduction and conclusion;
- Additional settings for conclusion; jump to link works for all websites, including unsecured versions.
More options for cell alignment in tables:
- Option for cell alignment in tables is added. For all types of tables the width of the cell of sub-questions can be set, as well as adjusted cell alignment. More >>
Added options for reviewing in the STATUS tab:
- Option to review variable non-response: user can verify the quality of the answers in the 'Status' tab; he can view the level of non-response by individual variables. More >>
- Option to review usable respondents: user can review how many units in his database are usable; he can determine the usability himself, e.g. only units with 100% usability. More >>
Updated labelling of test entries: automatically generated entries are now separated from manual test entries; it is also possible to delete the automatically generated entries separately. More >>
Added search for data: the user can search through database by typing keywords into the search. More >>
- Comprehensive renovation (replacement) of text editor, which includes several functions such as inserting YouTube video, images, tables etc.
- Glossary for adding definitions of vague wording into the questionnaire. More >>