Creating a New Survey
If you are a completely new user and you are creating the survey for the first time, we recommend viewing a link For Beginners >> with information on how to create a new survey.
When you click on the 'Create survey' button in the 'My surveys' interface, you can create a survey in 5 ways.
1. New survey
Creating a new survey in 1KA is very easy. If you are a new user, a new window will open when you sign up for registration, where you can create:
Select an internal name, that is, the name that will be displayed in your directory on 1KA, and the published name that will appear to the respondents. If you previously created folders in the My surveys view, you can save the new survey in the specified folder when creating it.
You can also select a visual survey template; the default theme is 1KA Blue.
2. Survey from the template
If you do not have the time or idea of how to prepare a survey, you can take a look at the prepared survey examples and create a survey from the template. Various surveys are available for evaluating websites, in the field of education, contact forms, forms for organizing events, etc. You can view each template in a preview. When you choose a template, click on it and, if necessary, change the internal and published survey name.
Create a survey (copy the template) by clicking on the Next button. In the survey editor, you can edit, move, delete, etc. any questions.
3. My 1KA surveys
If you have already created some surveys and want to repeat your existing survey (for example, you run the same survey every year), select the 'My 1KA surveys' option by clicking the 'Create Survey' button. A drop-down list of all your surveys will appear in the window. Select the survey you want to copy and click 'Next'. A copy of your selected survey will be created.
4. Importing a survey with .1KA format
In the interface, the next option is 'Import ".1KA" format', where you can import a survey you previously saved on your computer back to 1KA. By clicking on the button you can select a survey or archive file with the .1KA extension on your computer and import it into 1KA. You can import a questionnaire or questionnaire with data. This functionality is most often used when transferring a survey from one installation to another version of the 1KA installation. More >>
5. Import text - copying text to 1KA
The 'Import text' option is available in the interface for creating a new survey. The interface is at the top of the basic survey information, where you can name the survey and save it to a folder (if you have a map view on). More >>
6. Self-evaluation in schools
For users of the AAI application (schools, universities), an additional option is available when creating a new survey – turning on the Self-evaluation module in schools.
The module of self-evaluation (1KA SA) in schools supports the process of evaluation of teachers' work by students, both in secondary and elementary schools. Standardized evaluation surveys are available, but an entirely new evaluation survey can be made.
The basic functionality of the module is to define any user hierarchy (e.g. teacher, class teacher, subject manager, program manager, school centre director, etc.) who then have access to analyses at different levels of aggregation (e.g. teacher, subject, grade, program, school, etc.).
The description of the functionality can be found here >>.
Creating a survey with one click
In the 'My surveys' directory users can select 'oneclick create survey' in the 'SETTINGS' - 'User settings' tab. In the 'My surveys' tab, you will then see the 'Oneclick create' button, which will enable you to create a survey with one click only. The survey will open in an editing view. Survey name can be subsequently changed in the 'EDIT' - 'Settings' - 'Basic settings' tab.
- Video guide: Simple Survey (5M 25S) [NEW]
- Does 1KA Application Allow Offline Surveys on a Laptop PC or USB Flash Drive?
- What About Underage Respondents?
- How Do I Quote / Cite the Use of 1KA in My Work?
- Is It Possible to Create Several Different Versions of a Questionnaire, With Each Version Randomly Assigned to a Respondent?
- What Is the Limitation on the Number of Questions and Respondents?
- What Kind of Customer Support Does 1KA Offer?
- How Do I Clear My Browser’s Cookies?
- How Do I Change or Update My Browser?
- Which Browser Should I Choose When Creating a Survey?
- How Safe Is It to Store Data on 1KA?
- How Is the Tool Tested?
- How Long Should My Survey Be?
- Where Does Free Help End?
- Are Mobile Surveys Supported by 1KA?
- Can I Modify the Introductory GDPR Question Text?
- Are There Any Templates Available (For Example, to Evaluate the Work of a Professor in the Classroom)?
- Can You Help Me Design My Survey?
- Can I Import a Questionnaire Into 1KA?
- Sending Invitations via 1KA SMTP E-mail System, via Gmail Server or Gmail User Account
- Transfer a Survey Between 1KA Domains
- Registration Form
- 1KA Registration and Login
- Granting Access to Helpdesk
- Recommendations for Questionnaire Creation
- Alert List
- Import Text - Copying Text to 1KA
- Your First Survey
- 1KA Library Use (2m 52s) [NEW]
- Multilingual Survey (4m 13s) [NEW]
- Basic Use of Conditions (3m) [NEW]
- PDF and RTF Export Settings (3m 32s) [NEW]
- 1KA Survey Import (1m 56s) [NEW]
- Two-Factor Authentication (2m 13s) [NEW]
- Simple Survey (5m 25s) [NEW]
- Copying the Survey (1m 39s) [NEW]
- Creating a Quiz (3m 22s) [NEW]
- Importing Text Into 1KA (2m 45s) [NEW]