Creating a new survey
If you are completely new user and you are creating the survey for the first time, we recommend viewing a link with informations on how to create a new survey (How to get started? >>)
When you click on the 'Create new survey' button in the 'My surveys' interface, you can create a survey in 5 or 6 ways.
1. New survey
Creating new survey in 1KA is very easy. If you are a new user, a new window will open when you sign up for registration, where you can create:
Select an internal name, that is, the name that will be displayed in your directory on 1KA, and the published name that will appear to the respondents. If you previously created folders in the My surveys view, you can save the new survey in the specified folder when creating it.
You can also select a visual survey template; the default theme is 1KA Gray.
2. Survey from the template
If you do not have the time or idea of how to prepare a survey, you can take a look at the prepared survey examples and create a survey from the template. Various surveys are available for evaluating websites, in the field of education, contact forms, forms for organizing event, etc. You can view each template in a preview. When you choose a template, click on it and, if necessary, change the internal and published survey name.
Create a survey (copy the template) by clicking on the button. In the survey editor, you can edit, move, delete, etc. any questions.
3. My surveys
If you have already created some surveys and want to repeat your existing survey (for example, you run the same survey every year), select the 'My surveys' option by clicking the 'Create survey' button. A drop-down list of all your surveys will appear in the window. Select the survey you want to copy and click 'Next'. A copy of your selected survey will be created.
4. Import text - copying text to 1KA
The 'Import text' option is available in the interface for creating a new survey. The interface is at the top of the basic survey information, where you can name the survey and save it to a folder (if you have a map view on). More >>
5. Importing a survey
In the interface, the next option is 'Importing a survey', where you can retrieve a survey that you previously saved on your computer back to 1KA. By clicking on the button you can select a survey or archive file with the .1KA extension on your computer and import it into 1KA. You can only import a survey, but you can also import a survey along with data. This functionality is most often used when transferring a survey from one installation to another version of 1KA installation.
6. Self-evaluation in schools
For users of the AAI application (schools, universities), an additional option is available when creating a new survey – turning on the Self-evaluation module in schools.
The module of self-evaluation (1KA SA) in schools supports the process of evaluation of teachers' work by students, both in secondary and elementary schools. Standardized evaluation surveys are available, but an entirely new evaluation survey can be made.
The basic functionality of the module is to define any user hierarchy (e.g. teacher, class teacher, subject manager, program manager, school centre director, etc.) who then have access to analyses at different levels of aggregation (e.g. teacher, subject, grade, program, school, etc.).
The description of operation can be found here 'Self-evaluation in schools'
One click create survey
In the 'My surveys' directory users can select 'oneclick create survey' in the 'SETTINGS' - 'User settings' tab. In the 'My surveys' tab you will then see the 'One click create' button, which will enable you to make one click to create a survey that will open in an editing view. Survey name can be subsequently changed in the 'EDIT' - 'Settings' - 'Basic info' tab.
- Video guide: Simple survey (5M 25S) [NEW]
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- Does 1KA application allow offline surveys on a laptop PC or USB flash drive?
- Can you help me design my survey?
- Is it possible to create several different versions of a questionnaire, with each version randomly assigned to a respondent?
- How is the tool tested?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- How long should my survey be?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- How safe is it to store data on 1KA?
- Which browser should I choose when creating a survey?
- Are there any templates available (for example, to evaluate the work of a professor in the classroom)?
- Can I import a questionnaire into 1KA?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- What about underage respondents?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- Where does free help end?