Export to SPSS
Data export to statistical program SPSS is available to 2KA and 3KA private package users and can be performed in two ways:
1) In the 'DATA' - 'Export' - 'SPSS SAV' tab click on the command "Export to SPSS (SAV)". An SPSS database will be generated automatically.
2) If you encounter any problems, use the export in SPSS via syntax, which is available in the 'DATA' - 'Export' - 'SPSS SYNTAX' tab. In this case, you should follow the five steps, described in this tab.
- Since 1KA does not use SPSS API, it is important to apply modifications to the syntax. There may be problems with some older versions of SPSS, which are clarified in the 'I am experiencing difficulties with exporting to SPSS' FAQ.
In case of any other issues (with complex surveys with loops, older versions of SPSS), we recommend you first export the data to Excel, and then import it into SPSS; however, with this option, you will need to set the variables manually.
As with other exports, the upper right-hand corner section allows you to filter the data according to variables, statuses, conditions, or time period. You can also enable the export of identifiers and paradata.
In the top right corner, there are also settings where you can further specify whether you want to export only system data, only data or data and metadata. When you select "Export only system data", only the system data of the respondent will be exported, without any other data. However, if you do not export the system data, you can export the individual paradata of the respondent.
- Viewing Respondents’ Answers: How to View Them in Questionnaire Form (Instead of a Table)?
- Is the Survey Saved if the Respondent Does Not Answer a Certain Question?
- How Do I Quote / Cite the Use of 1KA in My Work?
- How Can I Find a Specific Record in the Data (Respondents Answers)?
- Export to Excel: Why Is the Numeric Variable Exported as a ‘String’ or Text?
- What Is the Difference Between a Computed Value and a Computation?
- What Is the Difference Between Coding and Recoding?
- Are Mobile Surveys Supported by 1KA?
- What Kind of Customer Support Does 1KA Offer?
- I Am Not Sure if All Units Are Included in the Analysis
- I Am Experiencing Difficulties When Exporting My Data to SPSS Syntax
- What Do Negative Values in the Survey Data Mean and Where Can I Set Them?
- Where Does Free Help End?
- Why Is the Question Numbering Not in Consecutive Order?
- How to Properly Methodologically Set the Answers ‘Don’t Know’, ‘Invalid’, ‘None of the Above’ and ‘Refused’?
- Can I Restore Data I Accidentally Deleted?
- How Safe Is It to Store Data on 1KA?
- What Is the Limitation on the Number of Questions and Respondents?
- Is the Data Deleted From 1KA After I Export It?
- Export to Excel: Why Does a Warning Window Always Pop up When I’m Exporting the File to Excel?
- What About Underage Respondents?
- Can I Make Changes to a Survey After It Has Been Activated and Published?
- Why Are Some of My Data Missing?
- Why Are the Repondent’s Answers Lost in Case of ‘Step by Step Mode’ With Question Type ‘Table’ if Respondent Moves to the Previous Page?
- Why Can’t I Select ‘All Units’ When Overviewing Data?
- How to Obtain Data on Individual Surveys From the Summary (Sums)?
- How Do I Delete the Answers of One or More Respondents From the Data Table?
- How Can I Create a Quick List of Responses?
- How Is the Tool Tested?
- Can I Exclude Unfinished Questionnaires From Survey Data?
- How Do I Delete Data and Test Units After Testing?
- How Do I Clear My Browser’s Cookies?
- Why Did Several Respondents From the Same IP Address Completed the Survey?
- How Do I Change or Update My Browser?
- Can I Export Only a Certain Set of Variables (And Not All of Them)?
- How to Edit Answers Within the Data?
- Export to Excel: Why Are Answers Incomplete When I Export the Data to Excel?
- Database Data Is Demolished, Values Are Not Correct or There Is No Data.
- Export to Excel
- Status of Units, Relevance, Validity and Missing Values
- Computed Values
- Settings for Exporting PDF/RTF Files With Responses
- Merging Data
- Insight Into the Respondents’ Answers
- Survey Data, Paradata, Identifiers, and System Variables
- Data Updates (File vs. Database)
- Export to SPSS
- Export to Text File
- Automatic Coding
- Your First Survey
- Adding Data (Append)
- Manual Coding
- Recommendations for Minimizing Non-response
- 1KA Registration and Login
- Public URL to View Data and Analysis
- Measurement and Time Limitations for Responses
- Granting Access to Helpdesk