Export to SPSS
You can export data into the statistcal program SPSS in two ways:
1) In the 'DATA' - 'Export' - 'SPSS SAV' tab click on the command "Export to SPSS (SAV)". An SPSS database will be generated automatically.
2) If you encounter any problems, use the export in SPSS via syntax, which is available in the 'DATA' - 'Export' - 'SPSS SYNTAX' tab. In this case, you should follow the five steps, which are described in 'DATA' - 'Export' - 'SPSS SYNTAX' tab.
- Since 1KA does not use SPSS API, it is important to apply modifications to the syntax. There may be problems with some older versions of SPSS, which are clarified in the 'I am experiencing difficulties with exporting to SPSS' FAQ.
In case of any other issues (with complex surveys with loops, older versions of SPSS), we recommend you first export the data to Excel, and then import it into SPSS; however, with this option, you will need to set the variables manually.
As with other exports, the upper right-hand corner section allows you to filter the data according to variables, statuses, conditions, or time period. You can also enable the export of identifiers and paradata.
In the top right corner, there are also settings where you can further specify whether you want to export only system data, only data or data and metadata. When you select "Export only system data", only the system data of the respondent will be exported, without any other data. However, if you do not export the system data, you can export individual paradata of the respondent.
- How do I change or update my browser?
- Export to Excel: Why does a warning window always pop up when I'm exporting the file to Excel?
- I am experiencing difficulties when exporting my data to SPSS
- How do I delete the answers of one or more respondents from the data table?
- Can I make changes to a survey after it has been activated and published?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- Why is the question numbering not in consecutive order?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- Can I export only a certain set of variables (and not all of them)?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- Why can't I select 'All units' when overviewing data?
- Can I exclude unfinished questionnaires from survey data?
- Where does free help end?
- Viewing respondents' answers: how to view them in questionnaire form (instead of a table)?
- How to edit answers within the data?
- What is the difference between a computed value and a computation?
- What about underage respondents?
- Is the data deleted from 1KA after I export it?
- Why did several respondents from the same IP address fulfilled the survey?
- Can I restore data I accidentally deleted?
- What is the difference between coding and recoding?
- Is the survey saved if the respondent does not answer a certain question?
- Database data is demolished, values are not correct or there is no data.
- How can I find a specific record in the data (respondents answers)?
- How to obtain data on individual surveys from the summary (sums)?
- Why are some of my data missing?
- How to properly methodologically set the answers 'Don’t know', 'Invalid', 'None of the above' and 'Refused'?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- What do negative values in the survey data mean and where can I set them?
- How do I remove the test units from the data?
- Why are the repondent's answers lost in case of 'step by step mode' with question type 'table' if respondent moves to the previous page?
- Export to Excel: Why is the numeric variable exported as a 'string' or text?
- I am not sure if all units are included in the analysis
- How can I create a quick list of responses?
- Export to Excel: Why are answers incomplete when I export the data to Excel?
- How is the tool tested?
- How safe is it to store data on 1KA?
- Public URL to view data and analysis
- Computed values
- Merging data
- Manual coding
- Recommendations for minimizing non-response
- Survey data, paradata, identifiers, and system variables
- Your first survey
- 1KA registration and login
- Data updates (file vs. database)
- Insight into the respondents' answers
- Export to text file
- Settings for exporting PDF/RTF files with responses
- Granting access to helpdesk
- Measurement and time limitations for responses
- Export to SPSS
- Export to Excel
- Automatic coding
- Status of units, relevance, validity and missing values
- Adding data (append)