Export to SPSS
Data export to statistical program SPSS is available to 2KA and 3KA private package users and can be performed in two ways:
1) In the 'DATA' - 'Export' - 'SPSS SAV' tab click on the command "Export to SPSS (SAV)". An SPSS database will be generated automatically.
2) If you encounter any problems, use the export in SPSS via syntax, which is available in the 'DATA' - 'Export' - 'SPSS SYNTAX' tab. In this case, you should follow the five steps, which are described in 'DATA' - 'Export' - 'SPSS SYNTAX' tab.
- Since 1KA does not use SPSS API, it is important to apply modifications to the syntax. There may be problems with some older versions of SPSS, which are clarified in the 'I am experiencing difficulties with exporting to SPSS' FAQ.
In case of any other issues (with complex surveys with loops, older versions of SPSS), we recommend you first export the data to Excel, and then import it into SPSS; however, with this option, you will need to set the variables manually.
As with other exports, the upper right-hand corner section allows you to filter the data according to variables, statuses, conditions, or time period. You can also enable the export of identifiers and paradata.
In the top right corner, there are also settings where you can further specify whether you want to export only system data, only data or data and metadata. When you select "Export only system data", only the system data of the respondent will be exported, without any other data. However, if you do not export the system data, you can export individual paradata of the respondent.
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- Is the data deleted from 1KA after I export it?
- How to properly methodologically set the answers 'Don’t know', 'Invalid', 'None of the above' and 'Refused'?
- How to obtain data on individual surveys from the summary (sums)?
- Export to Excel: Why are answers incomplete when I export the data to Excel?
- How can I create a quick list of responses?
- What is the difference between a computed value and a computation?
- How can I find a specific record in the data (respondents answers)?
- Can I export only a certain set of variables (and not all of them)?
- Database data is demolished, values are not correct or there is no data.
- Why is the question numbering not in consecutive order?
- Why are some of my data missing?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- I am not sure if all units are included in the analysis
- Viewing respondents' answers: how to view them in questionnaire form (instead of a table)?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- How to edit answers within the data?
- Where does free help end?
- Can I restore data I accidentally deleted?
- Export to Excel: Why is the numeric variable exported as a 'string' or text?
- What about underage respondents?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- Is the survey saved if the respondent does not answer a certain question?
- How is the tool tested?
- How do I delete the answers of one or more respondents from the data table?
- Why are the repondent's answers lost in case of 'step by step mode' with question type 'table' if respondent moves to the previous page?
- How safe is it to store data on 1KA?
- Export to Excel: Why does a warning window always pop up when I'm exporting the file to Excel?
- What do negative values in the survey data mean and where can I set them?
- Why did several respondents from the same IP address fulfilled the survey?
- Can I make changes to a survey after it has been activated and published?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- Why can't I select 'All units' when overviewing data?
- Can I exclude unfinished questionnaires from survey data?
- What is the difference between coding and recoding?
- How do I remove the test units from the data?
- I am experiencing difficulties when exporting my data to SPSS
- Insight into the respondents' answers
- Export to Excel
- Automatic coding
- Public URL to view data and analysis
- Merging data
- Export to SPSS
- Data updates (file vs. database)
- Granting access to helpdesk
- Adding data (append)
- Manual coding
- Recommendations for minimizing non-response
- Survey data, paradata, identifiers, and system variables
- Computed values
- Settings for exporting PDF/RTF files with responses
- Status of units, relevance, validity and missing values
- Your first survey
- Measurement and time limitations for responses
- 1KA registration and login
- Export to text file