Export to SPSS
You can export data into the statistcal program SPSS in two ways:
1) In the 'DATA' - 'Export' - 'SPSS SAV' tab click on the command "Export to SPSS (SAV)". An SPSS database will be generated automatically.
2) If you encounter any problems, use the export in SPSS via syntax, which is available in the 'DATA' - 'Export' - 'SPSS SYNTAX' tab. In this case, you should follow the five steps, which are described in 'DATA' - 'Export' - 'SPSS SYNTAX' tab.
- Since 1KA does not use SPSS API, it is important to apply modifications to the syntax. There may be problems with some older versions of SPSS, which are clarified in the 'I am experiencing difficulties with exporting to SPSS' FAQ.
In case of any other issues (with complex surveys with loops, older versions of SPSS), we recommend you first export the data to Excel, and then import it into SPSS; however, with this option, you will need to set the variables manually.
As with other exports, the upper right-hand corner section allows you to filter the data according to variables, statuses, conditions, or time period. You can also enable the export of identifiers and paradata.
In the top right corner, there are also settings where you can further specify whether you want to export only system data, only data or data and metadata. When you select "Export only system data", only the system data of the respondent will be exported, without any other data. However, if you do not export the system data, you can export individual paradata of the respondent.
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- What do negative values in the survey data mean and where can I set them?
- Can I exclude unfinished questionnaires from survey data?
- I am experiencing difficulties when exporting my data to SPSS
- Export to Excel: Why is the numeric variable exported as a 'string' or text?
- How to obtain data on individual surveys from the summary (sums)?
- What is the difference between a computed value and a computation?
- Why did several respondents from the same IP address fulfilled the survey?
- Why is the question numbering not in consecutive order?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- Can I make changes to a survey after it has been activated and published?
- How can I create a quick list of responses?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- Database data is demolished, values are not correct or there is no data.
- Is the data deleted from 1KA after I export it?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- Export to Excel: Why does a warning window always pop up when I'm exporting the file to Excel?
- What is the difference between coding and recoding?
- How safe is it to store data on 1KA?
- I am not sure if all units are included in the analysis
- Why are some of my data missing?
- Is the survey saved if the respondent does not answer a certain question?
- What about underage respondents?
- Why can't I select 'All units' when overviewing data?
- Viewing respondents' answers: how to view them in questionnaire form (instead of a table)?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- Can I restore data I accidentally deleted?
- Where does free help end?
- How to properly methodologically set the answers 'Don’t know', 'Invalid', 'None of the above' and 'Refused'?
- Export to Excel: Why are answers incomplete when I export the data to Excel?
- How is the tool tested?
- Why are the repondent's answers lost in case of 'step by step mode' with question type 'table' if respondent moves to the previous page?
- How do I remove the test units from the data?
- How to edit answers within the data?
- Can I export only a certain set of variables (and not all of them)?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- How can I find a specific record in the data (respondents answers)?
- How do I delete the answers of one or more respondents from the data table?
- Export to text file
- Export to SPSS
- 1KA registration and login
- Survey data, paradata, identifiers, and system variables
- Merging data
- Your first survey
- Public URL to view data and analysis
- Manual coding
- Data updates (file vs. database)
- Adding data (append)
- Export to Excel
- Status of units, relevance, validity and missing values
- Granting access to helpdesk
- Automatic coding
- Insight into the respondents' answers
- Computed values
- Settings for exporting PDF/RTF files with responses
- Measurement and time limitations for responses
- Recommendations for minimizing non-response