Export to SPSS
You can export data into the statistcal program SPSS in two ways:
1) In the 'DATA' - 'Export' - 'SPSS SAV' tab click on the command "Export to SPSS (SAV)". An SPSS database will be generated automatically.
2) If you encounter any problems, use the export in SPSS via syntax, which is available in the 'DATA' - 'Export' - 'SPSS SYNTAX' tab. In this case, you should follow the five steps, which are described in 'DATA' - 'Export' - 'SPSS SYNTAX' tab.
- Since 1KA does not use SPSS API, it is important to apply modifications to the syntax. There may be problems with some older versions of SPSS, which are clarified in the 'I am experiencing difficulties with exporting to SPSS' FAQ.
In case of any other issues (with complex surveys with loops, older versions of SPSS), we recommend you first export the data to Excel, and then import it into SPSS; however, with this option, you will need to set the variables manually.
As with other exports, the upper right-hand corner section allows you to filter the data according to variables, statuses, conditions, or time period. You can also enable the export of identifiers and paradata.
In the top right corner, there are also settings where you can further specify whether you want to export only system data, only data or data and metadata. When you select "Export only system data", only the system data of the respondent will be exported, without any other data. However, if you do not export the system data, you can export individual paradata of the respondent.
- Can I restore data I accidentally deleted?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- Why are the repondent's answers lost in case of 'step by step mode' with question type 'table' if respondent moves to the previous page?
- What do negative values in the survey data mean and where can I set them?
- Can I exclude unfinished questionnaires from survey data?
- Is the data deleted from 1KA after I export it?
- I am not sure if all units are included in the analysis
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- I am experiencing difficulties when exporting my data to SPSS
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- Export to Excel: Why are answers incomplete when I export the data to Excel?
- How is the tool tested?
- How can I find a specific record in the data (respondents answers)?
- How can I create a quick list of responses?
- Can I make changes to a survey after it has been activated and published?
- Can I export only a certain set of variables (and not all of them)?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- Viewing respondents' answers: how to view them in questionnaire form (instead of a table)?
- Export to Excel: Why does a warning window always pop up when I'm exporting the file to Excel?
- How do I remove the test units from the data?
- How to obtain data on individual surveys from the summary (sums)?
- Is the survey saved if the respondent does not answer a certain question?
- Where does free help end?
- How do I delete the answers of one or more respondents from the data table?
- Why can't I select 'All units' when overviewing data?
- Why is the question numbering not in consecutive order?
- What about underage respondents?
- How safe is it to store data on 1KA?
- How to edit answers within the data?
- Export to Excel: Why is the numeric variable exported as a 'string' or text?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- What is the difference between a computed value and a computation?
- How to properly methodologically set the answers 'Don’t know', 'Invalid', 'None of the above' and 'Refused'?
- Database data is demolished, values are not correct or there is no data.
- What is the difference between coding and recoding?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- Why did several respondents from the same IP address fulfilled the survey?
- Why are some of my data missing?
- Measurement and time limitations for responses
- Recommendations for minimizing non-response
- Computed values
- Adding data (append)
- Export to Excel
- Automatic coding
- Export to SPSS
- Survey data, paradata, identifiers, and system variables
- Granting access to helpdesk
- Your first survey
- Settings for exporting PDF/RTF files with responses
- Export to text file
- Public URL to view data and analysis
- Status of units, relevance, validity and missing values
- Insight into the respondents' answers
- 1KA registration and login
- Data updates (file vs. database)
- Manual coding
- Merging data