Where can I change the language of the survey and 1KA application?
In the 1KA application in the 'EDIT' - 'Settings' - 'Basic info' tab you can customize language at three levels:
- You can set the basic language of 1KA applications for authors, you can choose between English and Slovene.
- You can set the basic language for respondents from the drop-down menu. This means that the standard words (eg. 'Next Page') are automatically translated into the selected language.
- Survey author also have additional options of language settings: by clicking on the 'Translations and advanced language settings’ you have additional options of language, where you can translate your basic questionnaire into different languages. In this case the data is stored into a single database, each language however has its own URL which can be separately promoted in different languages (eg. Countries). Optionally, respondents can also choose a language from the drop down menu at the beginning of the survey.
Support in terms of pre-prepared standard words (eg. Forward, backward, Introduction, etc.) is prepared for the following languages:
- for level 1 Slovenian and English language are supported,
- for level 2 and 3 practically all European languages (43 languages) are supported, for hebrew language right-to-left option is enabled.
1KA also supports all fonts (Cyrillic, Greek, Chinese, etc.), however in other languages standard words need to be manually set.
In group work (e.g. international projects) it is wise to use settings where partner organizations (or a translator) have access only to translations (but cannot ruin the basic questionnaire).
Translating questionnaires into different languages:
- By clicking on the 'Translations and advanced language settings’ a new window will open, where you can translate your basic questionnaire into different languages. To do this, use the drop-down list, select the language in which you want to translate the questionnaire, and then click the 'Add new language’. In a parallel window the basic version of the questionnaire will show as well as the version for translation. Parallel view allows you to easily translate the questionnaire.
- You can add multiple translations; each translation is then edited by clicking on the language that you want to edit in the ‘Additional language for respondents’ category.
- You can also specify whether the respondent can selects the language itself, or you specify it. In the event that the respondent chooses the language, you can send the same questionnaire to different target populations and the language choice will be the first question in the survey. Also, if respondent chooses the language, you can set the display format of the language question: you can choose between the radio button and dropdown menu.
- How do I change or update my browser?
- Why don't I receive a confirmation e-mail after registration?
- Can I request the removal of a survey?
- Can I change my existing email address to login to 1KA?
- Why are the pages not displayed correctly and why is the content overlapping?
- How do I detect logical and technical errors in the questionnaire?
- Does 1KA application allow offline surveys on a laptop PC or USB flash drive?
- How safe is it to store data on 1KA?
- Can you help me design my survey?
- How is the tool tested?
- Frequently asked questions about private, business and AAI use of 1KA tool
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- Why can't I log in?
- Where does free help end?
- Which browser should I choose when creating a survey?
- For how long is the survey saved and for how long is it active?
- How do you ensure personal data protection? What bounds you not to disclose personal data to third parties?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- What about underage respondents?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- Who develops 1KA and why?
- Where can I change the language of the survey and 1KA application?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- Who can access and edit my survey and data?
- We have problems with installing 1KA on our own server
- Why is the CAPTCHA image not displayed?
- Why is my registration or login password invalid?
- What information should I include when I publish a report?
- Can I import a questionnaire into 1KA?
- How many surveys have been created using 1KA and how many users does the application have?
- I signed up via FB and now I don't have my surveys
- Granting access to helpdesk
- Key features that an advanced user should know
- 1KA registration and login
- The most common mistakes and recommendations in the creation of online surveys
- Accessibility of surveys for people with special needs
- Your first survey
- Reporting a survey that violates the General Terms and Conditions of 1KA online surveying tool
- Recommendations for online surveys on a mobile phone
- Recommendation in case of 1KA tool upgrade
- Principles of 1KA public library use