1KA is an open source application that enables services for online surveys. The development takes place at the Centre for Social Informatics, at the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana. The University of Ljubljana is also the formal owner or addressee of the corresponding intellectual property.
Information about the current version of the application are available here.
It is an online service (SaaS - Software as a Service) that combines support for following functionalities:
- Development, design and technical creation of an online questionnaire;
- The implementation of online survey: support for invitations, publication and distribution of data;
- Compiling and analysing data and paradata.
In 2019, 1KA service for online surveys hosted more than 10 million completed questionnaires solely on a parent installation (www.1ka.si), and in 2019 the total number of registered users has exceeded 65,000.
Service for surveying for a a specific questionnaire can also be performed locally - in terms of installation of 1KA application on a desktop computer, laptop or tablet (Windows) - ie as an off-line 1KA application for the purposes of personal interviewing using a computer (CAPI - Computer Assisted Personal Interviewing).
- Features and advantages of 1KA
- Mission, vision and development
- User testimonials
- New functionalities
- Examples of larger projects
Answers on frequently asked questions about 1KA are gathered here >>