Frequently asked questions about private, business and AAI use of 1KA tool
Users with AAI access (schools, universities, institutes, libraries, museums ...) can use the 1KA service free of charge and unlimitedly on the Arnes sub-domain 1ka.arnes.si.
If you have previously (until 1 July 2020) used an AAI account to log in to www.1ka.si and you have already created surveys there, you can download these surveys to the 1ka.arnes.si. domain, where you can use 1KA without restrictions.
Instructions for downloading the survey are available here.
I have created a survey on www.1ka.si, but I have the option to register with an AAI account. Can I transfer the survey to 1ka.arnes.si?
You can download the survey from the domain www.1ka.si to 1ka.arnes.si by following the steps described here.
I CREATED A SURVEY BEFORE INTRODUCING PACKAGES. I HAVE USED A SERVICE THAT IS NOW PAID. CAN I STILL USE IT?
Surveys that have a creation date before July 1, 2020 are not subject to restrictions.
You can continue to use the survey and functionalities (including advanced ones). The only restriction is that surveys created before 1.7.2020 cannot be copied.
The 1ka.arnes.si domain is 1KA's own installation, intended exclusively for users of the AAI login (ARNES). All advanced functionalities are available to 1ka.arnes.si users free of charge.
Surveys created with an AAI account on www.1ka.si can be downloaded to 1ka.arnes.si by the end of July 2020 (more information).
As is the case with other Arnes services, to access 1ka.arnes.si with an AAI login, you need an AAI account assigned to you by your home organization; meaning the organization where you are studying or you are employed.
More information can be found on the Arnes website:
NOTE: PAID PACKAGES FOR ADVANCED SERVICES ON WWW.1KA.SI WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM JULY 1, 2020. MORE INFORMATION WILL BE RELEASED IN THE COMING DAYS.
Different packages are available. Private packages are intended primarily for individual use, when surveys are created primarily by the editor.
For basic surveys, the 1KA package (free) is sufficient, with which you can create an unlimited number of surveys, questions and answers, use basic types of questions and access a basic overview of analyses. If you are creating a more demanding survey with terms, languages, groups, advanced questions, and exports, we recommend the 2KA package. For advanced users, we recommend the 3KA package, which also allows the use of e-mail invitations, analysis of data, the use of comments and all advanced modules, quotas, loops, calculations, CSS design of the survey topic, etc. More about individual packages are described here.
You can also choose between business packages that enable "white label" solutions, control over users in the case of a large number of users (associations, organizations, companies). The appropriate choice of package depends mainly on your technical requirements and capabilities (own server, SMTP settings, etc.). More about individual options for business use is described here.
When choosing a package, you can choose from three options: a subscription for one (1) month, three (3) months, or twelve (12) months.
One week before the subscription expires, we will notify you on the e-mail address you use to log in to 1KA. In the case of a three-month or annual subscription, we will notify you one more month before the subscription expires.
If you are buying a private 2KA or 3KA package, click on the button to purchase the desired package.
1. Select the desired package:
- Package type: Package 2KA or Package 3KA (package details)
- Purchase of the package for the period: 1 month, 3 months and 12 months.
2. Enter the account information:
- the e-mail address with which you are logged in to 1KA (when you are logged in, the field is filled in automatically),
- name and surname.
- If you want to issue an invoice to the company, check the box and enter the company information.
3. Select a payment method:
- cash in advance,
- credit cards,
- by Paypal account (currently dissabled).
Click on the 'Next' button and check your order details. If the information is correct, click on the 'Submit Order' button. When the order is processed, the pro forma invoice will be automatically transferred to you, and you will also receive a link to the pro forma invoice to your e-mail address. You can access the pro forma invoice at any time in your profile by clicking on 'My Orders'.
Once the pro forma invoice has been paid, the selected package will be activated on your user account.
In the case of ordering a business package, click on the appropriate "Order" button for the desired package (type of installation). You can choose between a virtual domain, your own installation on a 1KA server, or installation on your own server.
After clicking on the selected installation, a form opens where you enter your information.
- Name and surname, organization / company (leave individuals blank), contact person's address, contact person's telephone number and e-mail address where we can contact you.
In case of ordering a virtual domain or your own installation on a 1KA server:
- select the virtual domain format (xxx.1ka.si or xxx.yyy.zz),
- enter the name of the desired domain.
After clicking on the 'Submit' button, the order will be placed. You will receive an order confirmation to your e-mail address, to which we will also contact you for further steps.
You can pay for your subscription in three ways:
- Cash in Advance,
- credit card,
- or by Paypal account (currently dissabled).
- Prices in the PRIVATE USERS packages include VAT.
- Prices in packages BUSINESS USERS do not include VAT.
- Prices for additional services do not include VAT.
Upgrading packages from 2KA to 3KA is possible. In the case of upgrading to a more expensive package, the amount already paid is taken into account when paying, which is deducted from the final amount in the form of a discount. The discount takes into account how much time (days) the user has already had an active 2KA package.
Example of calculation:
- Package purchase: July 1, 2020, 2KA package, subscription duration 3 months. Price: 32.70 € with VAT.
- Package change: July 15, 2020, 3KA package, subscription duration 3 months: Price (€ 62.70). For an extra charge with a discount: € 24.55 with VAT.
Changing the package from 3KA to 2KA is possible. In case you want to switch from the 3KA package to the 2KA package, the switch will be made free of charge. There is no refund of the difference.
Example of calculation:
- Package purchase: July 1, 2020, 3KA package, subscription duration 3 months. Price: 62.70 € with VAT.
- Package change: July 15, 2020, 2KA package, subscription duration 3 months. Price € 32.70 including VAT. For an extra charge with a discount: no extra charge
It is not possible to cancel or return the subscription for now. The subscription is automatically cancelled when the purchased package expires.
In the case of purchasing a package, when the user does not pay the subscription, the order is not confirmed and is not executed. This means that the 2KA or 3KA package is not turned on and the user cannot use the advanced paid functionalities.
The user can normally access the already created surveys and use the functions available in the free package.
In case of subscription expiration, the user can normally access the surveys. If advanced question types and question formats are included in the survey, this is maintained, but it is not possible to add new ones (e.g. conditions). Other advanced functionalities (e.g. exporting) are also disabled.
A user who does not have a subscription can use only the functionalities available in the free package.
- Does 1KA application allow offline surveys on a laptop PC or USB flash drive?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- Can I change my existing email address to login to 1KA?
- Why don't I receive a confirmation e-mail after registration?
- How do you ensure personal data protection? What bounds you not to disclose personal data to third parties?
- Who develops 1KA and why?
- How is the tool tested?
- What information should I include when I publish a report?
- Why is my registration or login password invalid?
- Why can't I log in?
- Which browser should I choose when creating a survey?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- I signed up via FB and now I don't have my surveys
- Where can I change the language of the survey and 1KA application?
- Why is the CAPTCHA image not displayed?
- Frequently asked questions about private, business and AAI use of 1KA tool
- Where does free help end?
- Who can access and edit my survey and data?
- We have problems with installing 1KA on our own server
- Can I request the removal of a survey?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- For how long is the survey saved and for how long is it active?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- Can I import a questionnaire into 1KA?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- Why are the pages not displayed correctly and why is the content overlapping?
- How many surveys have been created using 1KA and how many users does the application have?
- How safe is it to store data on 1KA?
- What about underage respondents?
- Can you help me design my survey?
- How do I detect logical and technical errors in the questionnaire?
- Key features that an advanced user should know
- Recommendation in case of 1KA tool upgrade
- Granting access to helpdesk
- Your first survey
- Reporting a survey that violates the General Terms and Conditions of 1KA online surveying tool
- Recommendations for online surveys on a mobile phone
- The most common mistakes and recommendations in the creation of online surveys
- Accessibility of surveys for people with special needs
- Principles of 1KA public library use
- 1KA registration and login