»Panel« module settings
With panel provider you must agree on:
- What variables or data they can provide you and which data must be returned to their system after the survey is done. In that case, the code or the ID of respondent should be enough;
- Where and how is your block of questions going to be shown to the respondent, which blocks of questions stand in front or in back of your questions or is that going to be an independent survey;
- Cost of using the list of respondents from the panel.
1KA module settings for panel integration
After activating the Panel module in 1KA tool, with which you can recruit the respondents via commercial panel, default settings are activated, offering you to connect the data from the panel with data in 1KA. For the majority of cases default settings are sufficient and we advise you not to change it.
- URL after the survey: add to URL the names of the variables (questions) of data (values) that you want to return back to the panel. For example, if you want to return the ID and status of the respondent, you must enter in the URL the following: https://www.nameofthepanel.com? SID=RESPONDENT_PANEL_ID&status=PANEL_STATUS
- Name of parameter for respondent’s ID: when activating the module, variable for respondent’s ID with the name SID is automatically put in the questionnaire (labelled as systematic and hidden). Although, name of the variable should be the same as in panel.
- Default value of parameter’s status: the default value of status is set to 0. Additionally, you can set different statuses which are returned in URL after the survey is completed, regarding on how the survey is going to be completed by a respondent. In that case, within individual conditions in the questionnaire (IF-s), a suitable status can be set (value of the status that is returned in case certain IF condition is fulfilled). If the value of the status is not set for any condition, then in the final URL status is equal to the default setting (0).
- An example of URL for entering a survey: https://www.1ka.si/a/161999?SID=RESPONDENT_PANEL_ID
- Panel provider must generate the URL of the survey with inputted values of respondent’s variables. When the respondent clicks on URL, his or hers ID and all potential variables’ values are registered in the database of 1KA.
- An example of URL for redirecting after the survey: https://www.1ka.si/d/en
Condition settings (for panellist’s status)
In case Panel module is activated there is an extra setting on the right side while editing the questionnaire named ‘In case of fulfilled condition set panellist’s status to:’.
In that blank space you can enter different statuses (for example, if the respondent answers to question Q1 with the answer 1 (for example, male sex), status 1 is returned to the URL).
For more information about activating Panel module contact us through this form>>. Usage of the existing Panel module on 1KA page is free to use, while in case of required expansions and upgrades, the development is charged by the published price list.
- Is it possible with 1KA tool to gain respondents from panels?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- Where does free help end?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- How is the tool tested?