What about underage respondents?
Interviewing underage respondents is regulated by national legislation.
In Slovenia it is required to obtain parental consent before interviewing underage respondents, which applies for underage respondents up to the age of 15. When interviewing underage respondents online, parental consent is most easily obtained by the interviewer in person (e.g. home visits) or by mail (e.g. via a letter, which the underage respondent brings home from school).
Officially, it is also necessary to obtain the consent of the underage respondent. First the parents consent to the participation of the underage respondent in the survey, after which the underage respondent agrees or refuses to take part in the survey and is by no means obliged to participate, despite the parents’ consent.
Parental consent is not necessary for respondents above the age of 15. If surveys are being conducted in schools, the school can demand parental consent even if respondents are older than 15.
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- What information should I include when I publish a report?
- How safe is it to store data on 1KA?
- What about underage respondents?
- Why is my registration or login password invalid?
- Does 1KA application allow offline surveys on a laptop PC or USB flash drive?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- Why don't I receive a confirmation e-mail after registration?
- How many surveys have been created using 1KA and how many users does the application have?
- Can you help me design my survey?
- Frequently asked questions about private, business and AAI use of 1KA tool
- How do I detect logical and technical errors in the questionnaire?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- We have problems with installing 1KA on our own server
- I signed up via FB and now I don't have my surveys
- How is the tool tested?
- For how long is the survey saved and for how long is it active?
- Why can't I log in?
- Can I import a questionnaire into 1KA?
- Where can I change the language of the survey and 1KA application?
- Why is the CAPTCHA image not displayed?
- Who develops 1KA and why?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- Can I request the removal of a survey?
- Why are the pages not displayed correctly and why is the content overlapping?
- Where does free help end?
- Can I change my existing email address to login to 1KA?
- Which browser should I choose when creating a survey?
- Who can access and edit my survey and data?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- How do you ensure personal data protection? What bounds you not to disclose personal data to third parties?
- 1KA registration and login
- Principles of 1KA public library use
- Key features that an advanced user should know
- Your first survey
- Accessibility of surveys for people with special needs
- Recommendations for online surveys on a mobile phone
- Recommendation in case of 1KA tool upgrade
- Reporting a survey that violates the General Terms and Conditions of 1KA online surveying tool
- Granting access to helpdesk
- The most common mistakes and recommendations in the creation of online surveys