Frequently asked questions about private, business and AAI use of 1KA tool
Users with AAI access (schools, universities, institutes, libraries, museums ...) can use the 1KA service free of charge and unlimitedly on the Arnes sub-domain 1ka.arnes.si.
If you have previously (until 1 July 2020) used an AAI account to log in to www.1ka.si and you have already created surveys there, you can download these surveys to the 1ka.arnes.si. domain, where you can use 1KA without restrictions.
Instructions for downloading the survey are available here.
From our side (CDI, FDV, UL) we have done everything we can: (1) 1KA can be installed free of charge, thus ensuring unlimited use for responsible users, (2) free hosting is available on ARNES for all employees in education and science and for students. We cannot deal with this kind of assessment because it is very complicated. Arnes has a special body for a similar assessment, where they deal with applications, which we unfortunately cannot afford.
I have created a survey on www.1ka.si, but I have the option to register with an AAI account. Can I transfer the survey to 1ka.arnes.si?
You can download the survey from the domain www.1ka.si to 1ka.arnes.si by following the steps described here.
I CREATED A SURVEY BEFORE INTRODUCING PACKAGES. I HAVE USED A SERVICE THAT IS NOW PAID. CAN I STILL USE IT?
Surveys that have a creation date before July 1, 2020 are not subject to restrictions.
You can continue to use the survey and functionalities (including advanced ones). The only restriction is that surveys created before 1.7.2020 cannot be copied.
The 1ka.arnes.si domain is 1KA's own installation, intended exclusively for users of the AAI login (ARNES). All advanced functionalities are available to 1ka.arnes.si users free of charge.
Surveys created with an AAI account on www.1ka.si can be downloaded to 1ka.arnes.si by the end of July 2020 (more information).
As is the case with other Arnes services, to access 1ka.arnes.si with an AAI login, you need an AAI account assigned to you by your home organization; meaning the organization where you are studying or you are employed.
More information can be found on the Arnes website:
NOTE: PAID PACKAGES FOR ADVANCED SERVICES ON WWW.1KA.SI WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM JULY 1, 2020. MORE INFORMATION WILL BE RELEASED IN THE COMING DAYS.
Different packages are available. Private packages are intended primarily for individual use, when surveys are created primarily by the editor.
For basic surveys, the 1KA package (free) is sufficient, with which you can create an unlimited number of surveys, questions and answers, use basic types of questions and access a basic overview of analyses. If you are creating a more demanding survey with terms, languages, groups, advanced questions, and exports, we recommend the 2KA package. For advanced users, we recommend the 3KA package, which also allows the use of e-mail invitations, analysis of data, the use of comments and all advanced modules, quotas, loops, calculations, CSS design of the survey topic, etc. More about individual packages are described here.
You can also choose between business packages that enable "white label" solutions, control over users in the case of a large number of users (associations, organizations, companies). The appropriate choice of package depends mainly on your technical requirements and capabilities (own server, SMTP settings, etc.). More about individual options for business use is described here.
When choosing a package, you can choose from three options: a subscription for one (1) month, three (3) months, or twelve (12) months.
One week before the subscription expires, we will notify you on the e-mail address you use to log in to 1KA. In the case of a three-month or annual subscription, we will notify you one more month before the subscription expires.
If you are buying a private 2KA or 3KA package, click on the button to purchase the desired package.
1. Select the desired package:
- Package type: Package 2KA or Package 3KA (package details)
- Purchase of the package for the period: 1 month, 3 months and 12 months.
2. Enter the account information:
- the e-mail address with which you are logged in to 1KA (when you are logged in, the field is filled in automatically),
- name and surname.
- If you want to issue an invoice to the company, check the box and enter the company information.
3. Select a payment method:
- cash in advance,
- credit cards,
- by Paypal account (currently dissabled).
Click on the 'Next' button and check your order details. If the information is correct, click on the 'Submit Order' button. When the order is processed, the pro forma invoice will be automatically transferred to you, and you will also receive a link to the pro forma invoice to your e-mail address. You can access the pro forma invoice at any time in your profile by clicking on 'My Orders'.
Once the pro forma invoice has been paid, the selected package will be activated on your user account.
In the case of ordering a business package, click on the appropriate "Order" button for the desired package (type of installation). You can choose between a virtual domain, your own installation on a 1KA server, or installation on your own server.
After clicking on the selected installation, a form opens where you enter your information.
- Name and surname, organization / company (leave individuals blank), contact person's address, contact person's telephone number and e-mail address where we can contact you.
In case of ordering a virtual domain or your own installation on a 1KA server:
- select the virtual domain format (xxx.1ka.si or xxx.yyy.zz),
- enter the name of the desired domain.
After clicking on the 'Submit' button, the order will be placed. You will receive an order confirmation to your e-mail address, to which we will also contact you for further steps.
You can pay for your subscription in three ways:
- Cash in Advance,
- credit card,
- or by Paypal account (currently dissabled).
In the "Price list - Private packages" tab, select the package you want to buy by clicking on the "Purchase" button.
In the window that opens, select the package type and time period.
Enter account information.
In the "Choose payment method" section, select the "PayPal" option.
In the next step, review the order, if all the information is correct, click "Place order".
The website redirects you to the PayPal payment system website, where you select a payment either by PayPal account or by credit card and follow the instructions on their website.
If the payment is successfully confirmed, the system will redirect you back to the website www.1ka.si and you will receive purchase information to the e-mail address. This also activates your package and you can already use it.
- Prices in the PRIVATE USERS packages include VAT.
- Prices in packages BUSINESS USERS do not include VAT.
- Prices for additional services do not include VAT.
Upgrading packages from 2KA to 3KA is possible. In the case of upgrading to a more expensive package, the amount already paid is taken into account when paying, which is deducted from the final amount in the form of a discount. The discount takes into account how much time (days) the user has already had an active 2KA package.
Example of calculation:
- Package purchase: July 1, 2020, 2KA package, subscription duration 3 months. Price: 32.70 € with VAT.
- Package change: July 15, 2020, 3KA package, subscription duration 3 months: Price (€ 62.70). For an extra charge with a discount: € 24.55 with VAT.
Changing the package from 3KA to 2KA is possible. In case you want to switch from the 3KA package to the 2KA package, the switch will be made free of charge. There is no refund of the difference.
Example of calculation:
- Package purchase: July 1, 2020, 3KA package, subscription duration 3 months. Price: 62.70 € with VAT.
- Package change: July 15, 2020, 2KA package, subscription duration 3 months. Price € 32.70 including VAT. For an extra charge with a discount: no extra charge
You can renew a package even if your current package has not yet expired, but you can only renew the same package. If you have, for example, leased 2KA package for three months and want for four, you can additionally lease 2KA for 1 month.
In case of cancellation of the subscription by the user, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.The subscription is automatically cancelled when the purchased package expires.
In the case of purchasing a package, when the user does not pay the subscription, the order is not confirmed and is not executed. This means that the 2KA or 3KA package is not turned on and the user cannot use the advanced paid functionalities.
The user can normally access the already created surveys and use the functions available in the free package.
In case of subscription expiration, the user can normally access the surveys. If advanced question types and question formats are included in the survey, this is maintained, but it is not possible to add new ones (e.g. conditions). Other advanced functionalities (e.g. exporting) are also disabled.
A user who does not have a subscription can use only the functionalities available in the free package.
I HAVE PURCHASED A PACKAGE, BUT IN SOME SURVEYS I CANNOT USE THE FUNCTIONALITIES THAT THIS PACKAGE INCLUDES.
You probably want to edit a survey where you are a co-author and the survey is created by a user who does not have an active matching package. In such a case, you can copy the survey and then you will be able to edit it with the functionalities of your package (of course, this will no longer be the previous survey, for example, it will no longer have the same respondents). Another solution is for the author of the survey or co-editor to buy the appropriate package.
WHICH FUNCTIONALITIES CAN BE USED IN A SURVEY WHERE YOU ARE AN AUTHOR AND HAVE A CERTAIN PACKAGE BUT THE SURVEY IS USED BY EDITORS WHO DO NOT HAVE THAT PACKAGE?
If the creator of the survey, ie the first author, has a specific package, the co-authors can also use the same functionalities in the surveys created by this author of the package. So they can edit the survey even though they don’t have any package.
It should be noted that interbank transactions can sometimes take as long as a business day. It can also happen that a customer enters an order but does not authorize it and therefore the transaction does not go through. An invoice would be issued but there would be no payment. In the case of payment by proforma invoice, the package is activated only when the money arrives in the account. Even if you send us the paid receipt, we cannot activate the package until the money is in the account. During business hours, inflows to the account are reviewed (and the corresponding packages are activated) every two hours. So as soon as it turns out that the transaction was successful, we activate the package.
In the event that the customer has a confirmation of payment and the money has not arrived in the account for a long time, it is necessary to contact 1KA via the form, which will additionally check the case, and then, if necessary, initiate a specific inquiry in the bank.
All of the above, of course, only applies to payment by proforma invoice; for card transactions, the package is activated immediately.
- Why are the pages not displayed correctly and why is the content overlapping?
- How is the tool tested?
- Does 1KA application allow offline surveys on a laptop PC or USB flash drive?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- Why can't I log in?
- What information should I include when I publish a report?
- Where can I change the language of the survey and 1KA application?
- Can I request the removal of a survey?
- Can I change my existing email address to login to 1KA?
- Frequently asked questions about private, business and AAI use of 1KA tool
- Which browser should I choose when creating a survey?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- Why don't I receive a confirmation e-mail after registration?
- How safe is it to store data on 1KA?
- How do I detect logical and technical errors in the questionnaire?
- Can I import a questionnaire into 1KA?
- We have problems with installing 1KA on our own server
- Where does free help end?
- How many surveys have been created using 1KA and how many users does the application have?
- What about underage respondents?
- Who can access and edit my survey and data?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- Can you help me design my survey?
- I signed up via FB and now I don't have my surveys
- Why is the CAPTCHA image not displayed?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- How do you ensure personal data protection? What bounds you not to disclose personal data to third parties?
- For how long is the survey saved and for how long is it active?
- Why is my registration or login password invalid?
- Who develops 1KA and why?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- Granting access to helpdesk
- Accessibility of surveys for people with special needs
- The most common mistakes and recommendations in the creation of online surveys
- Recommendation in case of 1KA tool upgrade
- Reporting a survey that violates the General Terms and Conditions of 1KA online surveying tool
- Key features that an advanced user should know
- Recommendations for online surveys on a mobile phone
- Your first survey
- 1KA registration and login
- Principles of 1KA public library use