Transfer a survey between 1KA domains
To transfer a survey between two virtual 1KA domains, from a virtual domain or your own installation at www.1ka.si or vice versa, please follow the procedure bellow:
- Use your username and password to sign up into a virtual domain or installation, where the survey you wish to download is located.
- Click on the survey you want to download and then click on the ‘EDIT’ – ‘Archive’ tab.
- Select the ‘Export’ option from the menu on the left. There are 2 options available:
- Survey: export empty questionnaire, no answers;
- Survey and data: export of the questionnaire along with the respondents’ answers.
In both cases, clicking on the ‘Save’ button to your default directory on the computer will save the file with the suffix “.1ka”.
4. Once you’ve downloaded the survey to your computer, sign up to www.1ka.si (or the virtual domain/installation where you want to upload the survey).
5. Go to the ‘My surveys’ tab and click ‘Create a survey’. Select the option ‘Import 1KA survey’.
6. In your directory on your computer, find a file with the suffix “.1ka” (the exported survey) and upload it by clicking the Browse button.
7. By clicking the ‘Next’ button, a copy of your survey you wanted to download will be generated from the archive file. If you have exported the questionnaire and the data, the data will also be uploaded (respondents’ answers).
When transferring, consider the following:
- When copying the survey, not all of the advanced settings (e.g. validation) are transferred, the survey is not activated and so on. Therefore, after downloading, make sure all settings are the same as on the original.
- The original version of the survey and the survey copy do not have the same URL. In case the original version of the survey is still active, you have 2 options:
- You can change the link to the survey on the pages where you posted the survey (if you sent e-mail invitations, you must send the invitations again – if you want the data to be collected in a newly copied database)
- Download the survey or it’s data once you have finished collecting the data. Otherwise, you will not have new entries on a copied survey.
- How long should my survey be?
- Why are the pages not displayed correctly and why is the content overlapping?
- What about underage respondents?
- Can I request the removal of a survey?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- Where can I change the language of the survey and 1KA application?
- How is the tool tested?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- Can I change my existing email address to login to 1KA?
- Which browser should I choose when creating a survey?
- Why don't I receive a confirmation e-mail after registration?
- For how long is the survey saved and for how long is it active?
- What information should I include when I publish a report?
- Why is my registration or login password invalid?
- How do I create a one-click log-in confirmation in 1KA?
- Why can't I log in?
- I signed up via FB and now I don't have my surveys
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- My survey disappeared
- Is it possible to create several different versions of a questionnaire, with each version randomly assigned to a respondent?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- How safe is it to store data on 1KA?
- Where does free help end?
- Can you help me design my survey?
- Frequently asked questions about private, business and AAI use of 1KA tool
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- Does 1KA application allow offline surveys on a laptop PC or USB flash drive?
- Why is the CAPTCHA image not displayed?
- Introductory address (type of question)
- Granting access to helpdesk
- Table - multiple answers (type of question)
- Categories - one answer (drop-down menu) (type of question)
- Table - text (type of question)
- Uploading a file
- Classic table (type of question)
- Table - number (type of question)
- Sorting (type of question)
- Accessibility of surveys for people with special needs
- Transfer a survey between 1KA domains
- Categories - multiple answers (type of question)
- Date (type of question)
- Table - differencial (type of question)
- Number (type of question)
- Double table (type of question)
- 1KA registration and login
- Adding editorial access on 1ka.arnes.si
- Table - drop-down menu (type of question)
- Sum (type of question)
- Your first survey
- Registration form