REGISTRATION: You can register for the 1KA application via 1KA, as well as through social networks (Google, Facebook, Yahoo, Microsoft) and AAI.
CREATING THE FIRST SURVEY: Before using 1KA, we recommend to all users without experience:
- The video tutorial Simple Survey - currently only in Slovenian language (5min 25s) >>
- The manual describing the process of creating a survey: First Survey >>
GENERAL PRINCIPLES OF ONLINE SURVEY METHODOLOGY
- It is recommended to acquaint yourself – and this applies to both beginners and experienced users – with the basic methodological recommendations >>
- For troubleshooting and seeking help follow the approaches and steps in the instructions for help >>
WHAT IS IMPORTANT FOR BEGINNERS
Users of the 1KA online survey tool often have no idea what the tool provides. Registered users are unfamiliar with – often ask about or are unaware of – the following:
- Questions are stored automatically; the same applies to all changes in the questionnaire (no need for concern about losing questions).
- Publishing the questionnaire is very simple since it only takes one click to activate the questionnaire URL address and distribute it to the respondents (either online or by email).
- Data are automatically stored in the database and are saved unless the survey author deletes them.
- Data can be exported at any time into a chosen program for statistical analysis, which of course does not alter the data in any way.
- With one click you can generate statistical analysis, tables and charts, which can be further customised in advanced settings. In most cases, exporting data to other programs (e.g. Excel and SPSS) is not even required.
- How is the tool tested?
- Can I import a questionnaire into 1KA?
- Why is my registration or login password invalid?
- How safe is it to store data on 1KA?
- Can you help me design my survey?
- What information should I include when I publish a report?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- Which browser should I choose when creating a survey?
- Why are the pages not displayed correctly and why is the content overlapping?
- Where does free help end?
- Can I request the removal of a survey?
- Where can I change the language of the survey and 1KA application?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- Who can access and edit my survey and data?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- For how long is the survey saved and for how long is it active?
- How many surveys have been created using 1KA and how many users does the application have?
- Who develops 1KA and why?
- How do you ensure personal data protection? What bounds you not to disclose personal data to third parties?
- I signed up via FB and now I don't have my surveys
- Why can't I log in?
- Does 1KA application allow offline surveys on a laptop PC or USB flash drive?
- Why don't I receive a confirmation e-mail after registration?
- Why is the CAPTCHA image not displayed?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- What about underage respondents?
- Reporting a survey that violates the General Terms and Conditions of 1KA online surveying tool
- Granting access to helpdesk
- Recommendation in case of 1KA tool upgrade
- Recommendations for online surveys on a mobile phone
- Your first survey
- The most common mistakes and recommendations in the creation of online surveys
- 1KA registration and login