In the advanced analysis options, you can analyse the data by segments, groups, variables, conditions, missing values, dates, statuses, and you can also use the ZOOM option.
Several advanced analyses can be performed in the 1KA web tool. Once the survey is completed and the data is collected, click on the 'ANALYSE' - 'Statistics' tab. In each sub-tab on the top right, you will find a 'Filter' function (funnel-shaped icon) which opens up different options for manipulating the data.
- In the 'Segments' window, you can specify the variables for which you want to split the data according to their segments, so you can do analyses for a narrower population. You can run the setting temporarily, or you can create a new profile. Example: Click on 'Segments' and you will be given the option to select the segment of the variable, e.g. 'Gender'. After clicking on the selected variable and the button to display the data, the option to select the answer appears above the list of tables. You select the answer 'Male' and the analysis is generated according to male persons;
- The 'Zoom' option allows you to filter the data according to the responses of one variable. For more information see the ZOOM manual.
- 'Groups' is an option where you can group the data according to the variables, which means that the lists of tables are displayed according to each individual response of the selected variable. A new window will open and on the left hand side you will see all the variables for which you can perform a group analysis. Select the variable you want and download it to the right-hand window. You can save the setting as a new profile, or you can just run it temporarily. An analysis will be generated for each response of the variable you have selected;
- The 'Variables' option allows you to select any variables that can be included in the analysis. From the list, deselect the variables that you do not want to be displayed and leave those that you do want to be displayed as selected. You can save the setting as a new profile, or you can just run it temporarily. The analysis for the desired variables will be performed;
- The 'Conditions' option allows you to create conditions to display the analysis according to the variables;
- 'Missing values' is an option where you can set which missing responses should be displayed and for which types of analysis;
- When running analyses, you can also set the data collection period for which you want to run the analysis. This can be done using the 'Dates' option;
- The 'Status' option allows you to select the data to analyse according to the status of the survey. First a new profile has to be created (by clicking on the 'Save as new profile' button), only then can the display of the data be adjusted according to the status.
You can also reset the 'Settings' for general analysis displays, blank questions, general analysis settings, table settings, graph settings, respondent response printouts and questionnaire printouts by clicking on the 'wheel' button located at the top right (left of the filter).