Is it possible to create several different versions of a questionnaire, with each version randomly assigned to a respondent?
The creation of multiple versions of a questionnaire is possible and highly recommended, since it is one of the major untapped advantages of the 1KA application (The most frequent survey creation mistakes >> ).
Different versions of the questionnaire can be prepared in two ways, depending on whether we want data from the different versions of the questionnaire collected separately or together in a single database.
1. Data from different versions of the questionnaire is collected together in one database
Different versions of the questionnaire are created within one survey, and are separated using IF statements (conditions). We create a condition for each version of the questionnaire (we insert all the questions of that particular version into the condition), choosing ‘Random groups’ as the variable and then determining the ‘Groups count’ (e.g. 2, if we wish to create two groups), after which we determine which group will receive this particular version of the questionnaire. (e.g. 1 and 2). The condition is based on the record number of the respondent (recnum), with each respondent receiving only one version of the questionnaire. For more, read Creating sub-samples: half of the respondents gets one question, while the other half a different question.
2. Data from different versions of the questionnaire is collected separately
We create a separate questionnaire for each version, or we copy the survey with the ‘Copy survey’ icon, which is located in the right corner above the questionnaire. We then create a (meta) survey, which will be sent to the respondents. We then switch off the main page (Introduction), and set IF conditions by using the 'Random groups' option. Within each condition we add the question type 'Address', which in addition to the introduction contains a link to one of sub-surveys.
- How do I change or update my browser?
- What about underage respondents?
- Can I request the removal of a survey?
- Does 1KA application allow offline surveys on a laptop PC or USB flash drive?
- Why is my registration or login password invalid?
- Frequently asked questions about private, business and AAI use of 1KA tool
- For how long is the survey saved and for how long is it active?
- Where can I change the language of the survey and 1KA application?
- How is the tool tested?
- Why don't I receive a confirmation e-mail after registration?
- How long should my survey be?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- Can you help me design my survey?
- Which browser should I choose when creating a survey?
- Why is the CAPTCHA image not displayed?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- Why can't I log in?
- What information should I include when I publish a report?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- Why are the pages not displayed correctly and why is the content overlapping?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- My survey disappeared
- Is it possible to create several different versions of a questionnaire, with each version randomly assigned to a respondent?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- How safe is it to store data on 1KA?
- Where does free help end?
- Can I change my existing email address to login to 1KA?
- I signed up via FB and now I don't have my surveys
- How do I create a one-click log-in confirmation in 1KA?
- Categories - multiple answers (type of question)
- Table - drop-down menu (type of question)
- Table - number (type of question)
- Sorting (type of question)
- 1KA registration and login
- Double table (type of question)
- Categories - one answer (drop-down menu) (type of question)
- Number (type of question)
- Granting access to helpdesk
- Date (type of question)
- Table - differencial (type of question)
- Your first survey
- Sum (type of question)
- Registration form
- Table - multiple answers (type of question)
- Transfer a survey between 1KA domains
- Introductory address (type of question)
- Adding editorial access on 1ka.arnes.si
- Table - text (type of question)
- Uploading a file
- Accessibility of surveys for people with special needs
- Classic table (type of question)