Is it possible to create several different versions of a questionnaire, with each version randomly assigned to a respondent?
The creation of multiple versions of a questionnaire is possible and highly recommended, since it is one of the major untapped advantages of the 1KA application (The most frequent survey creation mistakes >> ).
Different versions of the questionnaire can be prepared in two ways, depending on whether we want data from the different versions of the questionnaire collected separately or together in a single database.
1. Data from different versions of the questionnaire is collected together in one database
Different versions of the questionnaire are created within one survey, and are separated using IF statements (conditions). We create a condition for each version of the questionnaire (we insert all the questions of that particular version into the condition), choosing ‘Random groups’ as the variable and then determining the ‘Groups count’ (e.g. 2, if we wish to create two groups), after which we determine which group will receive this particular version of the questionnaire. (e.g. 1 and 2). The condition is based on the record number of the respondent (recnum), with each respondent receiving only one version of the questionnaire. For more, read Creating sub-samples: half of the respondents gets one question, while the other half a different question.
2. Data from different versions of the questionnaire is collected separately
We create a separate questionnaire for each version, or we copy the survey with the ‘Copy survey’ icon, which is located in the right corner above the questionnaire. We then create a (meta) survey, which will be sent to the respondents. We then switch off the main page (Introduction), and set IF conditions by using the 'Random groups' option. Within each condition we add the question type 'Address', which in addition to the introduction contains a link to one of sub-surveys.
- How do I change or update my browser?
- My survey disappeared
- Which browser should I choose when creating a survey?
- How is the tool tested?
- Does 1KA application allow offline surveys on a laptop PC or USB flash drive?
- What information should I include when I publish a report?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- Can you help me design my survey?
- How long should my survey be?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- How safe is it to store data on 1KA?
- Why is my registration or login password invalid?
- How do I create a one-click log-in confirmation in 1KA?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- Why don't I receive a confirmation e-mail after registration?
- Why are the pages not displayed correctly and why is the content overlapping?
- I signed up via FB and now I don't have my surveys
- Is it possible to create several different versions of a questionnaire, with each version randomly assigned to a respondent?
- Frequently asked questions about private, business and AAI use of 1KA tool
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- Where can I change the language of the survey and 1KA application?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- What about underage respondents?
- Why can't I log in?
- Why is the CAPTCHA image not displayed?
- For how long is the survey saved and for how long is it active?
- Can I change my existing email address to login to 1KA?
- Where does free help end?
- Can I request the removal of a survey?
- Table - text (type of question)
- Table - differencial (type of question)
- Double table (type of question)
- Your first survey
- Categories - one answer (drop-down menu) (type of question)
- Categories - multiple answers (type of question)
- Transfer a survey between 1KA domains
- Table - multiple answers (type of question)
- Table - number (type of question)
- Introductory address (type of question)
- 1KA registration and login
- Sum (type of question)
- Accessibility of surveys for people with special needs
- Number (type of question)
- Sorting (type of question)
- Registration form
- Classic table (type of question)
- Date (type of question)
- Table - drop-down menu (type of question)
- Granting access to helpdesk