You can enable two-factor authentication to log in to 1KA, which means that upon logging in, you will also need to enter a special code that is obtained through a separate code-generating application.
To set up two-factor authentication, follow these steps:
- Log in to 1KA and click on your username in the upper right corner, then click on 'Edit profile'.
- At the bottom of the settings, make sure the box next to the "Two-factor authentication" option is checked.
- Download the Google Authenticator app (Google Play for Android or App Store for iOS) on your smartphone.
- Use the Google authenticator application to scan the QR code or manually enter the code that appears here in your authenticator.
- Once you save the settings, this code will no longer be available as the code is constantly changing.
- While two-factor authentication is turned on, you must always enter your 1KA password and code from the authenticator application when signing in.
- To turn off the two-factor authentication, you must also enter the code obtained from the Google Authenticator application.