Embedding the survey on a website
You can embed a survey into a website in two ways:
- With the usual embedding, where the survey is an integral part of the website or;
- The survey is displayed in a pop-up window within the same browser window. In this case, because of the new security standards, it is not possible to directly copy the code to display in the form of a pop-up on your website, but it must be manually programmed. You can do this yourself or contact us for help that is payable. You can order service using the form >>
Copy the code to your website and adjust the survey window height if necessary (parameter 'height=').
For the best embedded survey design, we recommended you turn off the progress indicator in the 'EDIT' - Design' tab if your survey covers more than one page. This can be done in the upper left corner of the screen by clicking on the theme name next to 'Current theme:' and selecting 'No' for the 'Show progress indicator' category. This will adjust the survey to fit your website better.
- How safe is it to store data on 1KA?
- Who can respond to my survey?
- Where does free help end?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- Can I send an email with an invitation to my survey to anyone?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- Can I insert an attachment in the email invitation?
- Why are e-invitations redirected to spam?
- How to ensure anonymity in an online employee survey?
- Why is the CAPTCHA image not displayed?
- Can standard words be altered?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- What about underage respondents?
- How do I prevent the same respondent from participating in the survey multiple times?
- What information should I include when I publish a report?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- How is the tool tested?
- Are there any templates available (for example, to evaluate the work of a professor in the classroom)?
- How can I track the respondents?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- Troubles sending email invitation using Gmail email server
- Is it possible to change the sender's email when sending email invitations through the 1KA system?
- How do I create a one-click log-in confirmation in 1KA?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- For how long is the survey saved and for how long is it active?
- Adding respondents when sending email invitations
- Recommendations for minimizing non-response
- Sending email invitations
- 1KA registration and login
- Sending emails via an arbitrary server (e.g. gmail)
- Settings for respondent access: cookies and passwords
- Granting access to helpdesk
- Your first survey
- Setting a custom URL for a survey
- Combining lists of email invitations
- Use of identification codes for respondents
- Embedding the survey on a website