The 'Browse' tab enables you to:
1. Browse data
- By default, the table only displays relevant units and survey data (for metadata, identifiers, and system variables, find the description here). You can modify this setting and select all units (however, this step will only be necessary in extremely rare cases, e.g. in methodological research) or a specific set according to unit status;
- The displayed data can be sorted by clicking on the start (the name) of each column;
- The number of units and variables displayed on one page can also be adjusted;
- By clicking on the preview icon on the left-hand side at the beginning of each unit/row in the table, you can see every unit (respondent) as a completed survey in the form of a concise 'Insight into cases'.
2. Edit data
- Clicking on the display settings icon and the 'Edit' checkbox enables the display of two icons, allowing you to perform your edits in a collapsed view and also in the view as seen by the respondent. In case of quick editing, a respondent's survey can also be printed, exported into PDF or WORD and copied (icons for all these options are at the top and bottom of the respondent's survey). When copying a survey, all the data are copied, but not the paradata;
- After enabling the 'Edit' checkbox, you also have the alternative to change individual values (cells) by directly clicking on them. However, we advise caution when implementing changes to your data.
3. Display data
Clicking on the 'Print' checkbox enables the icons that allow you to see a PDF or WORD display of an individual unit/respondent, whereas it is possible to export all the data of a certain survey in the 'Export' tab. The 'Quick list' option enables the immediate creation of simple lists.
4. Filter data
Data can be filtered according to variables, statuses, conditions, or time periods by clicking on the funnel icon (in the upper right-hand corner above the table chart).
5. Generate data
The database is automatically generated and updated, although in very rare cases the automatic generation becomes stuck and the data may be somewhat delayed or not updated. In this case, you can manually generate your database by clicking on the refresh icon (blue semicircle with arrow) next to the data filter icon.
6. List of variables
Under 'Variables view', which is located on the menu next to 'Insight into cases', you can see a detailed list of variables, including variable name, variable type, number of whole places, number of decimals, label and measurement.
Video guide: Browsing, editing, and exporting data (4m 27s) [NEW]
- How to obtain data on individual surveys from the summary (sums)?
- How do I delete the answers of one or more respondents from the data table?
- How do I remove the test units from the data?
- I am not sure if all units are included in the analysis
- Why can't I select 'All units' when overviewing data?
- Can I make changes to a survey after it has been activated and published?
- How can I find a specific record in the data (respondents answers)?
- How can I create a quick list of responses?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- What do negative values in the survey data mean and where can I set them?
- Why is the question numbering not in consecutive order?
- Why are the repondent's answers lost in case of 'step by step mode' with question type 'table' if respondent moves to the previous page?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- Why did several respondents from the same IP address fulfilled the survey?
- Database data is demolished, values are not correct or there is no data.
- Where does free help end?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- Why are some of my data missing?
- Viewing respondents' answers: how to view them in questionnaire form (instead of a table)?
- Can I exclude unfinished questionnaires from survey data?
- Can I restore data I accidentally deleted?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- How to edit answers within the data?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- How to properly methodologically set the answers 'Don’t know', 'Invalid', 'None of the above' and 'Refused'?
- Is the survey saved if the respondent does not answer a certain question?
- Insight into the respondents' answers
- Public URL to view data and analysis
- Recommendations for minimizing non-response
- Survey data, paradata, identifiers, and system variables
- Your first survey
- 1KA registration and login
- Status of units, relevance, validity and missing values
- Data updates (file vs. database)
- Measurement and time limitations for responses
- Granting access to helpdesk