In the 'DATA' - 'Browse' tab, the following data for valid units is displayed by default: status, status details and respondents' answers.
- Status: the final status of the units.
- Empty: shows if the questionnaire is empty (the respondent merely clicked through the survey without answering);
- Recnum: consecutive record (entry) number;
- Date: date on which the survey was filled out.
- Respondents' answers (survey data) for valid units.
If you want to see the actual responses in addition to the numerical values of the responses, click on 'Show columns' and tick the 'Response labels' option.
If the option 'All units' is selected when browsing the data, or if some units have an email invitation, the following field will automatically appear:
- Relevance: shows whether an individual unit is valid, where units with statuses 5 and 6 (i.e. fully or partially completed questionnaires) are considered as valid.
In special cases, you can also enable the display of the following information by selecting the relevant check boxes in 'Show columns':
- Record number, which is generated automatically;
- Quick view survey: shortcut for viewing an individual respondent's survey answers on one page.
If you have used automatic test entries, the 'Test' column will also automatically appear when viewing the data, indicating whether the unit is a test entry.
Paradata is only available for users of the 2KA and 3KA packages for individuals, and for users of the business packages for groups. By selecting 'Respondent paradata' under 'Show columns', the following infomation is displayed:
- Date begin: exact date and time (hours, minutes and seconds) when the respondent arrived at the survey homepage (click on the URL of the link to complete the survey);
- Date end: last time the respondent was active on the survey, excluding the final page;
- Page 1: exact time when the respondent clicked on "Next page" on page 1;
- Page 2: exact time when the respondent clicked on "Next page" on page 2;
- Page n: exact time when the respondent clicked on "Last page" on the n-th page of the survey, where n = the total number of pages in the survey, excluding the outro page;
- Browser used by the respondent;
- Browser version used by the respondent;
- Operating system used by the respondent;
- Device used by the respondent (PC, phone, tablet);
- Referer: the website from which the respondent accessed the survey (redirect);
- Language: the language in which the respondent answered the survey (in the case of multilingual surveys).
The paradata is shown in the data table on the right (the last columns of the table). If some of the data isn't visible, select the 'All' option from the 'Questions per page' dropdown above the data table on the right hand side.
You can turn off the recording and display of paradata in the 'EDIT' - 'Settings' - 'Paradata' tab, and then no paradata will be recorded in 1KA - not even the timing (response dates) for individual pages. You can turn off the recording of the respondent's browser, the respondent's referer (redirects) and the dates of answering the questions. More >>
Identifiers usually include the name, last name, email, address, etc. For privacy reasons, this information cannot be displayed at the same time as the survey data in surveys, but is displayed separately. With the prior consent of the participants, a common overview, analysis and export is only possible in the Form survey type (one-page survey), where we usually collect registration data, but not survey opinions.
Identifiers are among the system variables that can be used (called) in email communication, i.e. in notifications and sending email invitations. At the same time identifiers allow the identification of each unit. Of course, when editing the questionnaire, in addition to the identifiers, any variable can be marked as a system variable (when editing a question, select the 'Advanced' tab and choose the 'System Variable' option), which allows its use in email communication.