Survey Data, Paradata, Identifiers, and System Variables
By default, the 'DATA' - 'Browse' tab only displays survey data (respondents' answers) for valid units.
By selecting the 'All units' option, or if certain units are attached to an email invitation, the following categories will be displayed:
- relevance: shows if an individual unit is valid; units with statuses 5 and 6 (i.e. fully or partially completed questionnaires) are also considered to be valid;
- empty: shows if the questionnaire is empty (the respondent merely clicked through the survey without answering);
- invitation: if an invitation was sent to the individual unit;
- status: the final status of the units.
In special cases you can also enable the display of the following properties, by clicking on the corresponding checkbox in the 'Quick settings' (above the data table):
- date of survey completion;
- record number of the entry, which is generated automatically.
If automatic entries were also in use, a column 'Test' will automatically appear, which tells you which of the individual units were test units.
You can enable the display of paradata by clicking on the corresponding checkbox in the 'Quick settings', which displays the following information:
- record number of the entry (recnum);
- date of survey completion;
- input time to millisecond precision (unx_ins_date);
- date of any corrections made to the survey;
- date of entry of each page of the survey;
- which browser the respondent used;
- the operating system used by respondents' device;
- which device was used by the respondent (computer, mobile phone, tablet);
- the referral page that brought the respondent to the survey page;
- which language the respondent used to complete the survey (in the case of multi-lingual surveys).
All of the aforementioned elements are displayed in the right-hand columns, apart from the record number. If these elements are not visible, you must choose 'All' in the 'Questions' dropdown menu.
Identifiers are data that are imported and edited in the 'PUBLISH' - 'Invitations' tab, only available to 3KA private package users, and usually include name, surname, email, address, etc. In order to protect the privacy of such data, it must be displayed in surveys separately from survey data. A joint review, analysis, and export are only possible with prior consent in the 'Form' type (one-page survey), in which registration information, not opinions, are collected.
Identifiers belong to the group of system variables that can be used in e-mail communication, i.e. in notifications or e-mail invites; at the same time, identifiers allow identification of each unit. When editing a questionnaire, in addition to the identifiers for the system variable, any variable can be marked (we select the 'System variable' in the 'Advanced' tab when editing individual questions), which enables its use in email communication.
- Are Mobile Surveys Supported by 1KA?
- What About Underage Respondents?
- Where Does Free Help End?
- How Do I Clear My Browser’s Cookies?
- What Is the Limitation on the Number of Questions and Respondents?
- How Is the Tool Tested?
- What Kind of Customer Support Does 1KA Offer?
- How Do I Change or Update My Browser?
- Why Did Several Respondents From the Same IP Address Completed the Survey?
- My Survey Has Very Few Responses (N)
- Is the Survey Saved if the Respondent Does Not Answer a Certain Question?
- How Do I Quote / Cite the Use of 1KA in My Work?
- How Safe Is It to Store Data on 1KA?
- Setting up a Static First Page (Introduction)
- Using the IP Address and Cookies to Control Duplicate Entries
- Detailed Computations of Questionnaire Usability
- Your First Survey
- 1KA Registration and Login
- Interruptions (BETA)
- Criteria for Usable Respondents
- The Response Rate
- Granting Access to Helpdesk
- Survey Data, Paradata, Identifiers, and System Variables
- Status of Units, Relevance, Validity and Missing Values
- Quality Index (Reminder Tracking)