On the left side of the 'PUBLISH' - 'Settings' tab you can activate the survey and change the time of its activity, which is by default set to three months. When a survey is activated, it is automatically locked for editing during data collection to avoid adverse changes of the questionnaire. The survey can be unlocked again by clicking on the icon in the form of a lock next to the URL of the survey at the top of the screen.
Additionally, in the left column, below the button to activate the survey questionnaire, default settings for design, language, access, activities and notifications are displayed. You can change default values by clicking on any of them, which will redirect you to the corresponding area of the questionnaire settings. Only most common settings are displayed by default, while advanced settings are accessed by clicking on the tab ‘more’.
On the right side of the 'PUBLISH' - 'Settings' tab you will find a summary of basic diagnostics. If there are survey errors, warnings, recommendations or comments pending, you can review or correct them by clicking on them, which will redirect you to diagnostics and comments.
You can also see all the types of URL links to the survey on the right side of the screen, below the basic diagnostics:
- 'Preview', where you can review the questionnaire without the data being stored in the database. In the preview, each respondent can switch to 'test insert' (i.e. the mode in which comments are allowed and the data is stored in the database as test data),
- 'Test insert', where you can send an URL to test respondents, the data is stored in the database as test data, along with any comments. Test inserts can be later deleted with a single click,
- 'Real survey' or link to the questionnaire, where the data is normally stored in the database (you can review them in the 'DATA' tab). You can send this link to the actual respondents, for example by posting on social networks, forums, via e-mail, etc.,
- Users who have an active 3KA package also have a nice URL option in the links. This allows you to use the more descriptive URL '1ka.si/example' instead of '1ka.si/a/12345'.
- Why is the CAPTCHA image not displayed?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- How do I prevent the same respondent from participating in the survey multiple times?
- Where does free help end?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- Who can respond to my survey?
- For how long is the survey saved and for how long is it active?
- How do I create a one-click log-in confirmation in 1KA?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- Can standard words be altered?
- Can I send an email with an invitation to my survey to anyone?