My Survey Has Very Few Responses (N)
If you have very few responses, technical problems are not to blame. More and more surveys are posted on social networks and emails every day and therefore respondents choose carefully which ones to respond to. One possible solution to gain more responses is to promote your survey. In recommendations you can read some tips on how to lower nonresponse rate: Recommendations for minimizing nonresponse rate >>
We recommend that you check the tab 'DASHBOARD' where you can see the final status of units in your survey. If you have many units with status 3 (Click on survey introduction) it means that respondents left survey right after seeing your survey introduction. Several reasons can be attributed to this problem. It could be that topic is not interesting to respondents, not enough information could be gained from survey introduction or that they did not have time for responding to your survey. Some tips on how to best design survey introduction can be found here: Guidelines for creating introduction >>
- Why Did Several Respondents From the Same IP Address Completed the Survey?
- How Safe Is It to Store Data on 1KA?
- What Is the Limitation on the Number of Questions and Respondents?
- Where Does Free Help End?
- What Kind of Customer Support Does 1KA Offer?
- Is the Survey Saved if the Respondent Does Not Answer a Certain Question?
- How Do I Change or Update My Browser?
- My Survey Has Very Few Responses (N)
- What About Underage Respondents?
- How Is the Tool Tested?
- How Do I Quote / Cite the Use of 1KA in My Work?
- How Do I Clear My Browser’s Cookies?
- Are Mobile Surveys Supported by 1KA?
- Your First Survey
- The Response Rate
- Survey Data, Paradata, Identifiers, and System Variables
- 1KA Registration and Login
- Criteria for Usable Respondents
- Detailed Computations of Questionnaire Usability
- Quality Index (Reminder Tracking)
- Setting up a Static First Page (Introduction)
- Using the IP Address and Cookies to Control Duplicate Entries
- Interruptions (BETA)
- Granting Access to Helpdesk
- Status of Units, Relevance, Validity and Missing Values