My survey has very few responses (N)
If you have very few responses, technical problems are not to blame. More and more surveys are posted on social networks and emails every day and therefore respondents choose carefully which ones to respond to. One possible solution to gain more responses is to promote your survey. In recommendations you can read some tips on how to lower nonresponse rate: Recommendations for minimizing nonresponse rate >>
We recommend that you check the tab 'DASHBOARD' where you can see the final status of units in your survey. If you have many units with status 3 (Click on survey introduction) it means that respondents left survey right after seeing your survey introduction. Several reasons can be attributed to this problem. It could be that topic is not interesting to respondents, not enough information could be gained from survey introduction or that they did not have time for responding to your survey. Some tips on how to best design survey introduction can be found here: Guidelines for creating introduction >>
- How do I change or update my browser?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- Where does free help end?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- How is the tool tested?
- My survey has very few responses (N)
- Is the survey saved if the respondent does not answer a certain question?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- What about underage respondents?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- How safe is it to store data on 1KA?
- Why did several respondents from the same IP address fulfilled the survey?
- Interruptions (BETA)
- Detailed computations of questionnaire usability
- Granting access to helpdesk
- Setting up a static first page (introduction)
- Your first survey
- Survey data, paradata, identifiers, and system variables
- Status of units, relevance, validity and missing values
- Criteria for usable respondents
- 1KA registration and login
- Using the IP address and cookies to control duplicate entries
- The response rate
- Quality index (reminder tracking)