Social science methodology and survey research are established fields and scientific disciplines. One can find numerous textbooks, expert associations, study programmes and lectures on all levels of formal and informal education (courses), scientific and expert journals, conferences, workshops, etc.
A truly high-quality questionnaire, therefore, requires an expert approach, which is mainly distinguished by the following:
- comprehensiveness, competence and thoroughness when forming theoretical background;
- implementation of the operationalization process and questionnaire development;
- understanding and knowledge of research process stages;
- compliance with ethical research standards;
- proper assessment of human resources required to produce the questionnaire;
- a realistic assessment of the time required to develop and, above all, test the questionnaire.