WSD 2014 (27. 11.)
The success of the event is also shown by the increasing number of participants since this year 280 participants attended (180 last year). The participants were mainly from the public sector, including education and research institutions, and also from the private sector, media outlets and PR agencies.
The event consisted of four parts. In the introductory part dr. Vasja Vehovar first presented methodological, informational and user aspects of web surveys. He highlighted three main aspects: the integration of mobile devices, measuring the quality of real-time data and user experience issues.
The second part consisted of presentations of prospective doctoral students from the web survey field, who presented their research topics:
- Ana Slavec presented the potentials of language technologies in the creation of web questionnaires;
- Anže Sendelbah talked about multi-tasking in online surveys;
- Gregor Čehovin presented a meta-study on the topic of break-offs in online surveys.
In the third part, researchers from the Centre for Social Informatics presented their research, from the problem design to the results:
- Dr Nejc Berzelak presented the mode effect of web surveying;
- Dr Katja Lozar Manfreda presented an experiment on the topic of introduction and e-mail invitations in web surveys; and
- Dr Andraz Petrovčič presented the aspect of using web surveys in the exploration of online communities.
In the last part, several user meetings were held. An interactive workshop “1KA for beginners” (Marjana Vrh) was held in the computer classroom and lasted for two hours. In a parallel workshop some organizations that use 1KA in their work, shared their experiences. Three parallel workshops for advanced users followed; A systematic review of 1KA functionalities (Gregor Čehovin), Overview of advanced functionalities of 1KA (dr. Andraž Petrovčič) and Own installation and own domain (dr. Vasja Vehovar).