"Web survey day" (WSD) is an event annually organized by the Centre for Social Informatics (CSI) at the Faculty of Social Sciences.
It is intended for the professional public and the broader segments of online surveys’ users.
The main objectives are as follows:
- To present the research achievements of CSI in the field of web surveys to the general public;
- raising professional standards and the popularization of the profession in the field of web surveys in Slovenia;
- educating 1KA users.
The format usually includes a morning session, which is devoted to the methodology of web surveys and afternoon workshops on the 1KA tool.
The event is usually marked by the main guest or lectures in the morning session:
- WSD2020: Dr. Vasja Vehovar (UL FDV, project manager of 1KA)
- WSD2019: Mick Couper (University of Michigan, US);
- WSD2018: Dr. Vasja Vehovar (UL FDV, head of Centre for Social Informatics) in dr. Benjamin Lesjak ( Institute for Legal Solutions of the Information Society Maribor, DATAINFO);
- WSD2017: Dr. Vasja Vehovar (UL FDV, head of Centre for Social Informatics);
- WSD2016: Dr. Vasja Vehovar (UL FDV, head of Centre for Social Informatics);
- WSD2015: Dr. Mario Callegaro (Google UK);
- WSD2014: Nine researchers from the Centre for Social Informatics that deal with web survey methodology in their research work (dr. Vasja Vehovar, dr. Katja Lozar Manfreda, dr. Andraž Petrovčič, dr. Nejc Berzelak, Ana Slavec, Anže Sendelbah, Gregor Čehovin, Barbara Brečko, Katja Prevodnik);
- WSD2013: Jon Krosnick (Stanford University, US);
- WSD2012: Mick Couper (University of Michigan, US).