Troubles Sending Email Invitation Using Gmail Email Server
For sending email invitations through an external SMTP system in 1KA we strongly suggest not using the Gmail server, because its's sending can't be controlled.
A couple of years ago it was possible to send 500 emails at once. Even then sometimes substantially fewer emails were sent. In 2015 limit of maximum emails sent at once was set to 100 by Google. Our tests showed that Gmail now sometimes sends emails to 92 email addresses, sometimes to 98 and so on. Team 1KA no longer uses the Gmail server for sending email invitations. More about limitations of Gmail system.
This kind of problem only occurs when Gmail is used. A lot of users have their own SMTP system in their organisation and it works without problems. Team 1KA has already tried sending more than 5000 emails at once and no problems were found, but 1KA used its own SMTP server.
Organisations are therefore recommended to use their own mail server or use a payable SMTP solution. One good idea is also to use a dedicated mass email service that is used in direct marketing. More information on this topic can be found in WebSM Book (page 119).
The process of sending messages through the Gmail SMTP mail server
1KA system for sending email invitations sends your emails to Gmail and also writes this, but Gmail doesn’t process this and doesn’t send any feedback information to our system or keeps changing the way in which we get information. Because of this, our list of sent emails doesn’t match Gmail’s list.
Use of payable Gmail service is recommended
Gmail is a free application and therefore its notifications and rules of use are changed unexpectedly and unclearly. Unfortunately, Gmail keeps shrinking, limiting and complicating its free service to make users switch to payable services (payable mass email service by Gmail is already in existence). More on Gmail system >>
- What Information Should I Include When I Publish a Report?
- Troubles Sending Email Invitation Using Gmail Email Server
- How Is the Tool Tested?
- What Is the Limitation on the Number of Questions and Respondents?
- Can I Insert an Attachment in the Email Invitation?
- Can Standard Words Be Altered?
- How Do I Prevent the Same Respondent From Participating in the Survey Multiple Times?
- Are There Any Templates Available (For Example, to Evaluate the Work of a Professor in the Classroom)?
- How Do I Change or Update My Browser?
- How Do I Clear My Browser’s Cookies?
- Why Are E-invitations Redirected to Spam?
- What Kind of Customer Support Does 1KA Offer?
- Are Mobile Surveys Supported by 1KA?
- How to Ensure Anonymity in an Online Employee Survey?
- Can I Send an Email With an Invitation to My Survey to Anyone?
- Where Does Free Help End?
- How Do I Quote / Cite the Use of 1KA in My Work?
- Who Can Respond to My Survey?
- Is It Possible to Change the Sender’s Email When Sending Email Invitations Through the 1KA System?
- What About Underage Respondents?
- Why Is the CAPTCHA Image Not Displayed?
- How Do I Create a One-Click Log-in Confirmation in 1KA?
- For How Long Is the Survey Saved and for How Long Is It Active?
- How Safe Is It to Store Data on 1KA?
- How Can I Track the Respondents?
- Granting Access to Helpdesk
- Use of Identification Codes for Respondents
- Embedding the Survey on a Website
- Recommendations for Minimizing Non-response
- Your First Survey
- Sending Email Invitations
- Adding Respondents When Sending Email Invitations
- Sending Invitations via 1KA SMTP E-mail System, via Gmail Server or Gmail User Account
- Sending Emails via an Arbitrary Server (e.g. Gmail)
- Combining Lists of Email Invitations
- Settings for Respondent Access: Cookies and Passwords
- Setting a Custom URL for a Survey
- 1KA Registration and Login