I have created a survey at www.1KA.si, but I have the option to log in with my AAI account. Can I transfer the survey to 1KA.arnes.si?
You can transfer your survey from www.1KA.si to 1KA.arnes.si by following the steps described here.
Users with AAI access (schools, universities, institutes, libraries, museums, etc.) can use the 1KA service free of charge and without limitation on the Arnes sub-domain 1KA.arnes.si. If you have previously used the 1KA tool at www.1KA.si and have already created surveys there, you can transfer these surveys to the 1KA.arnes.si domain, where you can use 1KA free of charge.
Instructions for transfering surveys are available here.
The 1KA.arnes.si domain is a separate 1KA installation, exclusively for users of the AAI login (ARNES). 1KA Arnes users can use all advanced functionalities free of charge.
Surveys created at www.1KA.si can be transfered to 1KA.arnes.si.
As is otherwise the case with other Arnes services, to access 1KA.arnes.si with an AAI login you need an AAI account assigned to you by your home organisation. That is, the organisation at which you are studying or employed.
The www.1KA.si installation is separate from 1KA.arnes.si. On www.1KA.si some functionalities are only available in the 2KA and 3KA packages for individuals or business packages for groups. Students and other users with an Arnes (AAI) account can instead utilize 1KA.arnes.si for unlimited and free use of the 1KA tool.
The classic ARNES AAI-login (login with digital identity) is no longer possible on www.1KA.si, but the AAI-login is only possible on 1KA.arnes.si. Students, researchers, teachers and others with AAI access can log in to 1KA.arnes.si with their existing AAI account or digital identity to use all the functionalities of the 1KA tool for free.
For AAI users who wish to access existing surveys on www.1KA.si, you are required to log in as a regular user with the same email address you use for AAI and the associated password.
We recommend that you export and transfer the surveys to 1KA.arnes.si, where you can use all 1KA functionalities without any limitations. More >>
It has never happened that a survey simply disappeared. All the experiences so far point to one of the following possibilities:
- It is possible that you may have deleted the survey yourself (by mistake), or it may have been deleted by other survey editors you have added. In this case, it is possible to restore the survey, which is a paid service. You can read more about this in the Services FAQ.
- Sometimes cookies restrict access (e.g. due to an upgrade of the 1KA application). First select the reload option (F5 key), if this does not help, clear the cookies in your browser and try again.
- It is possible that you have created the survey on another site - a virtual domain or a private 1KA installation, or even in another tool (e.g. Survey Monkey). If you have created the survey on one of 1KA's virtual domains or private installations and want to transfer it to www.1KA.si, follow the instructions for transfering surveys.
- Pertaining to the 1KA.arnes.si domain, it is possible that your AAI user account information has changed and you are automatically creating a new user profile when you log in, but your survey is located on your old user profile. In this case, we advise you to contact the responsible person or department in your home organisation (in smaller organisations the AAI accounts are usually managed by the IT or computer officer, while in larger organisations this function is usually handled by the secretariats and student offices) to temporarily give you access to your old AAI account. You can then transfer your surveys to your new account.
- If you have created your surveys on www.1KA.si and have used the AAI login to log in, you will now need to log in as a regular user with the same email address you use for AAI and the associated password to access your surveys.
Why can't I log in to 1KA.arnes.si with my Arnes account even though I can use other Arnes services?
To log in to 1KA.arnes.si, you must also have an email address parameter set in your AAI identity. Please log in to the Arnes Filesender service, which will warn you if you do not have an email address set up. Alternatively, when you log in, upon selecting your organisation and entering your username and password, you can check your details to see if you have an email address parameter set. If you do not have an email address set up, please contact the person or department in your home organisation (in smaller organisations the AAI accounts are usually handled by the IT or computer person, in larger organisations this function is usually handled by the secretarial and student offices) to set up an email address for you in your AAI Identity.
If you have specific problems with your AAI identity, please contact Arnes:
Users with an Arnes user account (digital or AAI identity) can use the 1KA tool on the 1KA.arnes.si installation, which has a number of advantages compared to www.1KA.si:
- Free use of the tool;
- Access to all functionalities;
- Easy registration and login with an existing digital AAI identity;
- Stable hosting on the Arnes cloud;
- In addition to the 1KA system's option to send invitations via its own SMTP server, there is an additional option to send via a pre-configured Arnes server.
The 1KA.arnes.si installation also has some unique features:
- Editor access to surveys can only be granted to users with an AAI user account.
- Since the AAI identity is used, the username cannot be changed in the 1KA tool, but within Arnes or with your organisation's IT department. For similar reasons, it is not possible to add an alternative email address.
- There is no option of virtual domains and intermediate status for a manager to manage their own group of registered 1KA users.
- The public library of surveys and questions is different from the public library at www.1KA.si.
- Like other 1KA installations, 1KA.arnes.si does not have its own external website for news, information, help, guides, etc., but uses the centrally maintained website www.1KA.si for all this.
A digital identity is a way of identifying an individual that allows them to use an organisation's various information services. With a digital identity from the University of Ljubljana, the University of Maribor and the University of Primorska, you can also access Arnes services, such as the free and unlimited use of the 1KA tool on the 1KA.arnes.si website. It consists of a username and a personal password (e.g. all students at the University of Ljubljana received a digital identity in the standard form email@example.com when they started their studies).