Who develops 1KA and why?
The 1KA application is being developed by researchers at the Centre for Social Informatics (CDI), which was one of the first to research online surveys (in 1996) and is one of the leading groups for survey methodology. In this context, the EU's Framework Programme project WebSM.org was coordinated, which upgraded the leading global focus point for online surveys between 2002 and 2004, and which CDI has been maintaining since 1998.
The 1KA is primarily intended as a tool in the research process by enabling the implementation of methodological experiments, such as for example the ARRS project on the integration of online surveys in probability samples.
The development of the 1KA is also embedded in the educational activities of the Department of Social Informatics and Methodology, Faculty of Social Sciences (FDV), University of Ljubljana, Slovenia. It provides the central academic education in the field of survey data collection and social science methodology. Consequently, the tool is integrated into the educational and pedagogical process of the Faculty.
We also organize an annual event Web Survey Day, which features participants from the public sector (including education and research institutions), as well as from businesses, media companies and PR agencies.
- How do you ensure personal data protection? What bounds you not to disclose personal data to third parties?
- For how long is the survey saved and for how long is it active?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- We have problems with installing 1KA on our own server
- Who can access and edit my survey and data?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- Can you help me design my survey?
- Can I import a questionnaire into 1KA?
- Why is the CAPTCHA image not displayed?
- How is the tool tested?
- Why is my registration or login password invalid?
- Which browser should I choose when creating a survey?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- How safe is it to store data on 1KA?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- What information should I include when I publish a report?
- Why can't I log in?
- Where can I change the language of the survey and 1KA application?
- How many surveys have been created using 1KA and how many users does the application have?
- How do I detect logical and technical errors in the questionnaire?
- Does 1KA application allow offline surveys on a laptop PC or USB flash drive?
- Why don't I receive a confirmation e-mail after registration?
- Can I change my existing email address to login to 1KA?
- Who develops 1KA and why?
- Where does free help end?
- What about underage respondents?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- Why are the pages not displayed correctly and why is the content overlapping?
- I signed up via FB and now I don't have my surveys
- Can I request the removal of a survey?
- Frequently asked questions about private, business and AAI use of 1KA tool
- Principles of 1KA public library use
- 1KA registration and login
- Your first survey
- Recommendations for online surveys on a mobile phone
- Key features that an advanced user should know
- Reporting a survey that violates the General Terms and Conditions of 1KA online surveying tool
- The most common mistakes and recommendations in the creation of online surveys
- Granting access to helpdesk
- Recommendation in case of 1KA tool upgrade
- Accessibility of surveys for people with special needs