Who develops 1KA and why?
The 1KA application is being developed by researchers at the Centre for Social Informatics (CDI), which was one of the first to research online surveys (in 1996) and is one of the leading groups for survey methodology. In this context, the EU's Framework Programme project WebSM.org was coordinated, which upgraded the leading global focus point for online surveys between 2002 and 2004, and which CDI has been maintaining since 1998.
The 1KA is primarily intended as a tool in the research process by enabling the implementation of methodological experiments, such as for example the ARRS project on the integration of online surveys in probability samples.
The development of the 1KA is also embedded in the educational activities of the Department of Social Informatics and Methodology, Faculty of Social Sciences (FDV), University of Ljubljana, Slovenia. It provides the central academic education in the field of survey data collection and social science methodology. Consequently, the tool is integrated into the educational and pedagogical process of the Faculty.
We also organize an annual event Web Survey Day, which features participants from the public sector (including education and research institutions), as well as from businesses, media companies and PR agencies.
- Can I import a questionnaire into 1KA?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- How do I detect logical and technical errors in the questionnaire?
- We have problems with installing 1KA on our own server
- What about underage respondents?
- Does 1KA application allow offline surveys on a laptop PC or USB flash drive?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- Why is the CAPTCHA image not displayed?
- How many surveys have been created using 1KA and how many users does the application have?
- Can I change my existing email address to login to 1KA?
- Why don't I receive a confirmation e-mail after registration?
- How safe is it to store data on 1KA?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- For how long is the survey saved and for how long is it active?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- Where does free help end?
- Can I request the removal of a survey?
- Can you help me design my survey?
- Frequently asked questions about private, business and AAI use of 1KA tool
- Why can't I log in?
- Where can I change the language of the survey and 1KA application?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- How do you ensure personal data protection? What bounds you not to disclose personal data to third parties?
- Who develops 1KA and why?
- Who can access and edit my survey and data?
- How is the tool tested?
- I signed up via FB and now I don't have my surveys
- Why is my registration or login password invalid?
- What information should I include when I publish a report?
- Why are the pages not displayed correctly and why is the content overlapping?
- Which browser should I choose when creating a survey?
- Granting access to helpdesk
- The most common mistakes and recommendations in the creation of online surveys
- Your first survey
- Principles of 1KA public library use
- 1KA registration and login
- Recommendation in case of 1KA tool upgrade
- Key features that an advanced user should know
- Recommendations for online surveys on a mobile phone
- Reporting a survey that violates the General Terms and Conditions of 1KA online surveying tool
- Accessibility of surveys for people with special needs