Who develops 1KA and why?
The 1KA application is being developed by researchers at the Centre for Social Informatics (CDI), which was one of the first to research online surveys (in 1996) and is one of the leading groups for survey methodology. In this context, the EU's Framework Programme project WebSM.org was coordinated, which upgraded the leading global focus point for online surveys between 2002 and 2004, and which CDI has been maintaining since 1998.
The 1KA is primarily intended as a tool in the research process by enabling the implementation of methodological experiments, such as for example the ARRS project on the integration of online surveys in probability samples.
The development of the 1KA is also embedded in the educational activities of the Department of Social Informatics and Methodology, Faculty of Social Sciences (FDV), University of Ljubljana, Slovenia. It provides the central academic education in the field of survey data collection and social science methodology. Consequently, the tool is integrated into the educational and pedagogical process of the Faculty.
We also organize an annual event Web Survey Day, which features participants from the public sector (including education and research institutions), as well as from businesses, media companies and PR agencies.
- How do I change or update my browser?
- Where does free help end?
- Can I import a questionnaire into 1KA?
- How do you ensure personal data protection? What bounds you not to disclose personal data to third parties?
- Why are the pages not displayed correctly and why is the content overlapping?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- Can I change my existing email address to login to 1KA?
- For how long is the survey saved and for how long is it active?
- Which browser should I choose when creating a survey?
- Who can access and edit my survey and data?
- Frequently asked questions about private, business and AAI use of 1KA tool
- Why is the CAPTCHA image not displayed?
- Why is my registration or login password invalid?
- How many surveys have been created using 1KA and how many users does the application have?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- Where can I change the language of the survey and 1KA application?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- Who develops 1KA and why?
- We have problems with installing 1KA on our own server
- Can you help me design my survey?
- I signed up via FB and now I don't have my surveys
- Why don't I receive a confirmation e-mail after registration?
- Can I request the removal of a survey?
- What information should I include when I publish a report?
- What about underage respondents?
- How is the tool tested?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- Does 1KA application allow offline surveys on a laptop PC or USB flash drive?
- Why can't I log in?
- How safe is it to store data on 1KA?
- How do I detect logical and technical errors in the questionnaire?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- The most common mistakes and recommendations in the creation of online surveys
- 1KA registration and login
- Key features that an advanced user should know
- Granting access to helpdesk
- Your first survey
- Reporting a survey that violates the General Terms and Conditions of 1KA online surveying tool
- Recommendation in case of 1KA tool upgrade
- Principles of 1KA public library use
- Recommendations for online surveys on a mobile phone
- Accessibility of surveys for people with special needs