Who develops 1KA and why?
The 1KA application is being developed by researchers at the Centre for Social Informatics (CDI), which was one of the first to research online surveys (in 1996) and is one of the leading groups for survey methodology. In this context, the EU's Framework Programme project WebSM.org was coordinated, which upgraded the leading global focus point for online surveys between 2002 and 2004, and which CDI has been maintaining since 1998.
The 1KA is primarily intended as a tool in the research process by enabling the implementation of methodological experiments, such as for example the ARRS project on the integration of online surveys in probability samples.
The development of the 1KA is also embedded in the educational activities of the Department of Social Informatics and Methodology, Faculty of Social Sciences (FDV), University of Ljubljana, Slovenia. It provides the central academic education in the field of survey data collection and social science methodology. Consequently, the tool is integrated into the educational and pedagogical process of the Faculty.
We also organize an annual event Web Survey Day, which features participants from the public sector (including education and research institutions), as well as from businesses, media companies and PR agencies.
- How safe is it to store data on 1KA?
- How do you ensure personal data protection? What bounds you not to disclose personal data to third parties?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- Why can't I log in?
- Frequently asked questions about private, business and AAI use of 1KA tool
- Can I request the removal of a survey?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- Who develops 1KA and why?
- What about underage respondents?
- What information should I include when I publish a report?
- Does 1KA application allow offline surveys on a laptop PC or USB flash drive?
- I signed up via FB and now I don't have my surveys
- Can I import a questionnaire into 1KA?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- How many surveys have been created using 1KA and how many users does the application have?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- Can you help me design my survey?
- Where does free help end?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- Who can access and edit my survey and data?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- Why is the CAPTCHA image not displayed?
- How do I detect logical and technical errors in the questionnaire?
- We have problems with installing 1KA on our own server
- Where can I change the language of the survey and 1KA application?
- Why is my registration or login password invalid?
- Can I change my existing email address to login to 1KA?
- Why don't I receive a confirmation e-mail after registration?
- Why are the pages not displayed correctly and why is the content overlapping?
- Which browser should I choose when creating a survey?
- For how long is the survey saved and for how long is it active?
- How is the tool tested?
- Recommendations for online surveys on a mobile phone
- Granting access to helpdesk
- Key features that an advanced user should know
- Recommendation in case of 1KA tool upgrade
- Principles of 1KA public library use
- 1KA registration and login
- Accessibility of surveys for people with special needs
- Reporting a survey that violates the General Terms and Conditions of 1KA online surveying tool
- Your first survey
- The most common mistakes and recommendations in the creation of online surveys