Export to Excel: Why are answers incomplete when I export the data to Excel?
If you export the data from 1KA in the Excel format, this problem does not occur. In case you export the data in CSV format and then open it with Excel, opened answers may be incomplete.
This issue is due to the limitations of the Microsoft Excel software (version 2007 and newer versions), which can be resolved in a few steps.
1. The first steps has two options (if one fails, try the other):
- In the ‘DATA’ – ‘Export’ – ‘CVS’ tab, perform an export (the separation character should be set to a semicolon) and save the file to local disk.
- In the ‘DATA’ – ‘Export’ – ‘Text file’ tab, export the text file and save it to local disk.
2. Open MS Excel with a blank document.
3. In Excel, select the tab Data and click on the From text icon. Then find the data file that you transferred in step 1 on your computer and click Import.
4. Text import wizard will appear in a new window, which has three steps:
- In the Original data type tab, select the option Delimited. Continue to the next step by clicking Next.
- In the Delimiters tab, select only the semicolon. Proceed to the next step by clicking Next.
- In the Data preview tab, select all columns, by clicking on the first column, pressing shift, and then clicking on the last column. Set the design of the columns in the Column data format tab to Text. Click Finish.
5. A new window will appear, where you specify where you wish to import the data. Existing worksheet is set by default, which you confirm by clicking OK.
The data has now been imported into an empty Excel file in a way that does not limit the number of characters with open-ended questions.
- How to properly methodologically set the answers 'Don’t know', 'Invalid', 'None of the above' and 'Refused'?
- Can I export only a certain set of variables (and not all of them)?
- Can I make changes to a survey after it has been activated and published?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- Viewing respondents' answers: how to view them in questionnaire form (instead of a table)?
- Why did several respondents from the same IP address fulfilled the survey?
- What is the difference between a computed value and a computation?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- Why are the repondent's answers lost in case of 'step by step mode' with question type 'table' if respondent moves to the previous page?
- Can I exclude unfinished questionnaires from survey data?
- Is the survey saved if the respondent does not answer a certain question?
- Can I restore data I accidentally deleted?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- Is the data deleted from 1KA after I export it?
- How do I delete the answers of one or more respondents from the data table?
- How do I remove the test units from the data?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- I am not sure if all units are included in the analysis
- What is the difference between coding and recoding?
- How to obtain data on individual surveys from the summary (sums)?
- How can I create a quick list of responses?
- Database data is demolished, values are not correct or there is no data.
- I am experiencing difficulties when exporting my data to SPSS
- Export to Excel: Why are answers incomplete when I export the data to Excel?
- How can I find a specific record in the data (respondents answers)?
- Where does free help end?
- Why can't I select 'All units' when overviewing data?
- What do negative values in the survey data mean and where can I set them?
- Export to Excel: Why does a warning window always pop up when I'm exporting the file to Excel?
- What about underage respondents?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- Export to Excel: Why is the numeric variable exported as a 'string' or text?
- Why are some of my data missing?
- How to edit answers within the data?
- How safe is it to store data on 1KA?
- Why is the question numbering not in consecutive order?
- How is the tool tested?
- Export to Excel
- Export to text file
- Computed values
- Measurement and time limitations for responses
- Recommendations for minimizing non-response
- Automatic coding
- Survey data, paradata, identifiers, and system variables
- Adding data (append)
- Your first survey
- Public URL to view data and analysis
- Settings for exporting PDF/RTF files with responses
- Granting access to helpdesk
- Insight into the respondents' answers
- Status of units, relevance, validity and missing values
- Export to SPSS
- Merging data
- Manual coding
- Data updates (file vs. database)
- 1KA registration and login