Export to Excel: Why Are Answers Incomplete When I Export the Data to Excel?
If you export the data from 1KA in the Excel format (xls), this problem does not occur. In case you export the data in CSV format and then open it with Excel, opened answers may be incomplete.
This issue is due to the limitations of the Microsoft Excel software (version 2007 and newer versions), which can be resolved in a few steps.
1. The first step has two options (if one fails, try the other):
- In the ‘DATA’ – ‘Export’ – ‘CVS’ tab, perform an export (the separation character should be set to a semicolon) and save the file to a local disk.
- In the ‘DATA’ – ‘Export’ – ‘Text file’ tab, export the text file and save it to the local disk.
2. Open MS Excel with a blank document.
3. In Excel, select the tab Data and click on the From text icon. Then find the data file that you transferred in step 1 on your computer and click Import.
4. Text import wizard will appear in a new window, which has three steps:
- In the Original data type tab, select the option Delimited. Continue to the next step by clicking Next.
- In the Delimiters tab, select only the semicolon. Proceed to the next step by clicking Next.
- In the Data preview tab, select all columns, by clicking on the first column, pressing shift, and then clicking on the last column. Set the design of the columns in the Column data format tab to Text. Click Finish.
5. A new window will appear, where you specify where you wish to import the data. The existing worksheet is set by default, which you confirm by clicking OK.
The data has now been imported into an empty Excel file in a way that does not limit the number of characters with open-ended questions.
- Why Are the Repondent’s Answers Lost in Case of ‘Step by Step Mode’ With Question Type ‘Table’ if Respondent Moves to the Previous Page?
- What Kind of Customer Support Does 1KA Offer?
- Can I Exclude Unfinished Questionnaires From Survey Data?
- How to Properly Methodologically Set the Answers ‘Don’t Know’, ‘Invalid’, ‘None of the Above’ and ‘Refused’?
- Why Are Some of My Data Missing?
- Export to Excel: Why Does a Warning Window Always Pop up When I’m Exporting the File to Excel?
- How to Edit Answers Within the Data?
- Export to Excel: Why Are Answers Incomplete When I Export the Data to Excel?
- What Do Negative Values in the Survey Data Mean and Where Can I Set Them?
- Database Data Is Demolished, Values Are Not Correct or There Is No Data.
- Can I Export Only a Certain Set of Variables (And Not All of Them)?
- How Is the Tool Tested?
- How Do I Change or Update My Browser?
- How Do I Quote / Cite the Use of 1KA in My Work?
- Why Is the Question Numbering Not in Consecutive Order?
- How Do I Delete Data and Test Units After Testing?
- Are Mobile Surveys Supported by 1KA?
- Can I Make Changes to a Survey After It Has Been Activated and Published?
- How Do I Clear My Browser’s Cookies?
- How Safe Is It to Store Data on 1KA?
- Export to Excel: Why Is the Numeric Variable Exported as a ‘String’ or Text?
- How Can I Find a Specific Record in the Data (Respondents Answers)?
- Is the Data Deleted From 1KA After I Export It?
- How Do I Delete the Answers of One or More Respondents From the Data Table?
- Why Did Several Respondents From the Same IP Address Completed the Survey?
- What Is the Difference Between a Computed Value and a Computation?
- I Am Not Sure if All Units Are Included in the Analysis
- What Is the Limitation on the Number of Questions and Respondents?
- How to Obtain Data on Individual Surveys From the Summary (Sums)?
- Viewing Respondents’ Answers: How to View Them in Questionnaire Form (Instead of a Table)?
- Where Does Free Help End?
- Why Can’t I Select ‘All Units’ When Overviewing Data?
- Can I Restore Data I Accidentally Deleted?
- Is the Survey Saved if the Respondent Does Not Answer a Certain Question?
- How Can I Create a Quick List of Responses?
- I Am Experiencing Difficulties When Exporting My Data to SPSS Syntax
- What Is the Difference Between Coding and Recoding?
- What About Underage Respondents?
- Export to Text File
- Recommendations for Minimizing Non-response
- Adding Data (Append)
- Export to Excel
- Automatic Coding
- Merging Data
- Survey Data, Paradata, Identifiers, and System Variables
- Insight Into the Respondents’ Answers
- Your First Survey
- Export to SPSS
- Data Updates (File vs. Database)
- Computed Values
- Granting Access to Helpdesk
- 1KA Registration and Login
- Settings for Exporting PDF/RTF Files With Responses
- Public URL to View Data and Analysis
- Measurement and Time Limitations for Responses
- Status of Units, Relevance, Validity and Missing Values
- Manual Coding