Can I Restore Data I Accidentally Deleted?
If you accidentally delete the whole survey or a specific question and by that as well as the collected data, it can be restored. 1KA has arranged archiving for each click of each survey separately; in principle, it is, therefore, possible to restore any data.
Any data restoration is charged according to the valid pricelist. Easy erasure can be restored quickly, but sometimes it can be a long-lasting process. All this depends on when and how the data was deleted.
In the case of simple deletions, we consider the deletion of the entire survey or deletion of the entire database, where we already have an automated restoring procedure.
In other cases, (for example, the deletion of an individual question and thus the deletion of data), a programmer intervention and a restore from archival copies and required.
It is important to note that 1KA is available in the existing form (which is also written in the general terms of registration) and is not responsible for any user-made errors, so we cannot invest additional resources, even if the damage has occurred due to the user’s incomplete interface.
It is worth adding that we have not recorded any damage so far (permanent deletion of data or impossible data restoration). In order to provide additional help to users, we have introduced an automated restoration for deleting entire surveys and entire databases. For the restoration of all other deletions, we have not yet developed algorithms, so the burden of resources is borne by the user himself.
We warn you of caution when deleting questions and data. We recommend that you hide or filter rather than delete, as the relevant data can quickly be lost.
- How Do I Change or Update My Browser?
- Why Are Some of My Data Missing?
- How Can I Create a Quick List of Responses?
- I Am Experiencing Difficulties When Exporting My Data to SPSS Syntax
- What Is the Difference Between Coding and Recoding?
- How Do I Clear My Browser’s Cookies?
- Are Mobile Surveys Supported by 1KA?
- Why Did Several Respondents From the Same IP Address Completed the Survey?
- What Do Negative Values in the Survey Data Mean and Where Can I Set Them?
- Viewing Respondents’ Answers: How to View Them in Questionnaire Form (Instead of a Table)?
- How to Edit Answers Within the Data?
- Export to Excel: Why Are Answers Incomplete When I Export the Data to Excel?
- Can I Make Changes to a Survey After It Has Been Activated and Published?
- Can I Exclude Unfinished Questionnaires From Survey Data?
- Export to Excel: Why Does a Warning Window Always Pop up When I’m Exporting the File to Excel?
- Why Are the Repondent’s Answers Lost in Case of ‘Step by Step Mode’ With Question Type ‘Table’ if Respondent Moves to the Previous Page?
- What Kind of Customer Support Does 1KA Offer?
- Is the Survey Saved if the Respondent Does Not Answer a Certain Question?
- What About Underage Respondents?
- How Can I Find a Specific Record in the Data (Respondents Answers)?
- What Is the Limitation on the Number of Questions and Respondents?
- How Do I Delete the Answers of One or More Respondents From the Data Table?
- How Do I Quote / Cite the Use of 1KA in My Work?
- How Do I Delete Data and Test Units After Testing?
- Export to Excel: Why Is the Numeric Variable Exported as a ‘String’ or Text?
- What Is the Difference Between a Computed Value and a Computation?
- How to Properly Methodologically Set the Answers ‘Don’t Know’, ‘Invalid’, ‘None of the Above’ and ‘Refused’?
- Database Data Is Demolished, Values Are Not Correct or There Is No Data.
- How to Obtain Data on Individual Surveys From the Summary (Sums)?
- Can I Export Only a Certain Set of Variables (And Not All of Them)?
- How Is the Tool Tested?
- Can I Restore Data I Accidentally Deleted?
- Is the Data Deleted From 1KA After I Export It?
- Where Does Free Help End?
- I Am Not Sure if All Units Are Included in the Analysis
- How Safe Is It to Store Data on 1KA?
- Why Is the Question Numbering Not in Consecutive Order?
- Why Can’t I Select ‘All Units’ When Overviewing Data?
- Granting Access to Helpdesk
- Export to SPSS
- Automatic Coding
- Export to Text File
- Data Updates (File vs. Database)
- Settings for Exporting PDF/RTF Files With Responses
- 1KA Registration and Login
- Adding Data (Append)
- Insight Into the Respondents’ Answers
- Merging Data
- Public URL to View Data and Analysis
- Survey Data, Paradata, Identifiers, and System Variables
- Measurement and Time Limitations for Responses
- Recommendations for Minimizing Non-response
- Status of Units, Relevance, Validity and Missing Values
- Manual Coding
- Your First Survey
- Computed Values
- Export to Excel