Can I restore data I accidentally deleted?
If you accidentally delete the whole survey or a specific question and by that as well as the collected data, it can be restored. 1KA has arranged archiving for each click of each survey separately; in principle, it is therefore possible to restore any data.
In the case of simple deletions, we consider the deletion of the entire survey or deletion of the entire database, where we already have an automated restoring procedure.
In other cases, (for example, the deletion of an individual question and thus the deletion of data), a programmer intervention and a restore from archival copies and required.
It is important to note that 1KA is available in the existing form (which is also written in the general terms of registration) and is not responsible for any user-made errors, so we cannot invest additional resources, even if the damage has occurred due to the user’s incomplete interface.
It is worth adding that we have not recorded any damage so far (permanent deletion of data or impossible data restoration). In order to provide additional help to users, we have introduced an automated restoration for deleting entire surveys and entire databases. For the restoration of all other deletions, we have not yet developed algorithms, so the burden of resources is borne by the user himself.
We warn you of caution when deleting questions and data. We recommend that you hide or filter rather than delete, as the relevant data can quickly be lost.
- Viewing respondents' answers: how to view them in questionnaire form (instead of a table)?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- How safe is it to store data on 1KA?
- What do negative values in the survey data mean and where can I set them?
- Why did several respondents from the same IP address fulfilled the survey?
- Why can't I select 'All units' when overviewing data?
- Where does free help end?
- How can I find a specific record in the data (respondents answers)?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- I am experiencing difficulties when exporting my data to SPSS
- How do I delete the answers of one or more respondents from the data table?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- Why are the repondent's answers lost in case of 'step by step mode' with question type 'table' if respondent moves to the previous page?
- How to obtain data on individual surveys from the summary (sums)?
- Database data is demolished, values are not correct or there is no data.
- How do I remove the test units from the data?
- How can I create a quick list of responses?
- Is the data deleted from 1KA after I export it?
- How to edit answers within the data?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- Can I restore data I accidentally deleted?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- What is the difference between a computed value and a computation?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- How to properly methodologically set the answers 'Don’t know', 'Invalid', 'None of the above' and 'Refused'?
- Can I export only a certain set of variables (and not all of them)?
- Can I exclude unfinished questionnaires from survey data?
- How is the tool tested?
- I am not sure if all units are included in the analysis
- Export to Excel: Why are answers incomplete when I export the data to Excel?
- Is the survey saved if the respondent does not answer a certain question?
- What about underage respondents?
- Export to Excel: Why is the numeric variable exported as a 'string' or text?
- Why is the question numbering not in consecutive order?
- What is the difference between coding and recoding?
- Can I make changes to a survey after it has been activated and published?
- Export to Excel: Why does a warning window always pop up when I'm exporting the file to Excel?
- Why are some of my data missing?
- Manual coding
- Public URL to view data and analysis
- Survey data, paradata, identifiers, and system variables
- Export to Excel
- Automatic coding
- Export to text file
- Merging data
- Computed values
- Insight into the respondents' answers
- Your first survey
- Measurement and time limitations for responses
- Granting access to helpdesk
- Recommendations for minimizing non-response
- Status of units, relevance, validity and missing values
- Adding data (append)
- 1KA registration and login
- Data updates (file vs. database)
- Export to SPSS
- Settings for exporting PDF/RTF files with responses