Can I restore data I accidentally deleted?
If you accidentally delete the whole survey or a specific question and by that as well as the collected data, it can be restored. 1KA has arranged archiving for each click of each survey separately; in principle, it is therefore possible to restore any data.
In the case of simple deletions, we consider the deletion of the entire survey or deletion of the entire database, where we already have an automated restoring procedure.
In other cases, (for example, the deletion of an individual question and thus the deletion of data), a programmer intervention and a restore from archival copies and required.
It is important to note that 1KA is available in the existing form (which is also written in the general terms of registration) and is not responsible for any user-made errors, so we cannot invest additional resources, even if the damage has occurred due to the user’s incomplete interface.
It is worth adding that we have not recorded any damage so far (permanent deletion of data or impossible data restoration). In order to provide additional help to users, we have introduced an automated restoration for deleting entire surveys and entire databases. For the restoration of all other deletions, we have not yet developed algorithms, so the burden of resources is borne by the user himself.
We warn you of caution when deleting questions and data. We recommend that you hide or filter rather than delete, as the relevant data can quickly be lost.
- How is the tool tested?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- What do negative values in the survey data mean and where can I set them?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- Is the data deleted from 1KA after I export it?
- How do I delete the answers of one or more respondents from the data table?
- How can I create a quick list of responses?
- I am experiencing difficulties when exporting my data to SPSS
- How to properly methodologically set the answers 'Don’t know', 'Invalid', 'None of the above' and 'Refused'?
- Export to Excel: Why are answers incomplete when I export the data to Excel?
- Where does free help end?
- Export to Excel: Why is the numeric variable exported as a 'string' or text?
- Why can't I select 'All units' when overviewing data?
- How to obtain data on individual surveys from the summary (sums)?
- Why did several respondents from the same IP address fulfilled the survey?
- What is the difference between a computed value and a computation?
- What is the difference between coding and recoding?
- How can I find a specific record in the data (respondents answers)?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- Viewing respondents' answers: how to view them in questionnaire form (instead of a table)?
- Can I export only a certain set of variables (and not all of them)?
- Database data is demolished, values are not correct or there is no data.
- What about underage respondents?
- Can I restore data I accidentally deleted?
- Why are the repondent's answers lost in case of 'step by step mode' with question type 'table' if respondent moves to the previous page?
- Export to Excel: Why does a warning window always pop up when I'm exporting the file to Excel?
- Can I make changes to a survey after it has been activated and published?
- How safe is it to store data on 1KA?
- How to edit answers within the data?
- How do I remove the test units from the data?
- I am not sure if all units are included in the analysis
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- Is the survey saved if the respondent does not answer a certain question?
- Why are some of my data missing?
- Can I exclude unfinished questionnaires from survey data?
- Why is the question numbering not in consecutive order?
- Settings for exporting PDF/RTF files with responses
- Recommendations for minimizing non-response
- Export to text file
- Survey data, paradata, identifiers, and system variables
- Computed values
- Merging data
- Automatic coding
- Insight into the respondents' answers
- Adding data (append)
- Status of units, relevance, validity and missing values
- Public URL to view data and analysis
- Export to Excel
- Data updates (file vs. database)
- Granting access to helpdesk
- Manual coding
- 1KA registration and login
- Your first survey
- Measurement and time limitations for responses
- Export to SPSS