Can I Restore Data I Accidentally Deleted?
If you accidentally delete the whole survey or a specific question and by that as well as the collected data, it can be restored. 1KA has arranged archiving for each click of each survey separately; in principle, it is, therefore, possible to restore any data.
Any data restoration is charged according to the valid pricelist. Easy erasure can be restored quickly, but sometimes it can be a long-lasting process. All this depends on when and how the data was deleted.
In the case of simple deletions, we consider the deletion of the entire survey or deletion of the entire database, where we already have an automated restoring procedure.
In other cases, (for example, the deletion of an individual question and thus the deletion of data), a programmer intervention and a restore from archival copies and required.
It is important to note that 1KA is available in the existing form (which is also written in the general terms of registration) and is not responsible for any user-made errors, so we cannot invest additional resources, even if the damage has occurred due to the user’s incomplete interface.
It is worth adding that we have not recorded any damage so far (permanent deletion of data or impossible data restoration). In order to provide additional help to users, we have introduced an automated restoration for deleting entire surveys and entire databases. For the restoration of all other deletions, we have not yet developed algorithms, so the burden of resources is borne by the user himself.
We warn you of caution when deleting questions and data. We recommend that you hide or filter rather than delete, as the relevant data can quickly be lost.
- Why Are the Repondent’s Answers Lost in Case of ‘Step by Step Mode’ With Question Type ‘Table’ if Respondent Moves to the Previous Page?
- Are Mobile Surveys Supported by 1KA?
- Export to Excel: Why Is the Numeric Variable Exported as a ‘String’ or Text?
- How Do I Clear My Browser’s Cookies?
- What Is the Difference Between a Computed Value and a Computation?
- Where Does Free Help End?
- How Can I Find a Specific Record in the Data (Respondents Answers)?
- Database Data Is Demolished, Values Are Not Correct or There Is No Data.
- Why Did Several Respondents From the Same IP Address Completed the Survey?
- How to Properly Methodologically Set the Answers ‘Don’t Know’, ‘Invalid’, ‘None of the Above’ and ‘Refused’?
- Can I Exclude Unfinished Questionnaires From Survey Data?
- Viewing Respondents’ Answers: How to View Them in Questionnaire Form (Instead of a Table)?
- What Is the Difference Between Coding and Recoding?
- Is the Data Deleted From 1KA After I Export It?
- Is the Survey Saved if the Respondent Does Not Answer a Certain Question?
- How Do I Quote / Cite the Use of 1KA in My Work?
- How Do I Change or Update My Browser?
- How Do I Delete the Answers of One or More Respondents From the Data Table?
- Why Can’t I Select ‘All Units’ When Overviewing Data?
- How to Edit Answers Within the Data?
- What About Underage Respondents?
- What Do Negative Values in the Survey Data Mean and Where Can I Set Them?
- Can I Make Changes to a Survey After It Has Been Activated and Published?
- How Is the Tool Tested?
- How Can I Create a Quick List of Responses?
- How Safe Is It to Store Data on 1KA?
- How to Obtain Data on Individual Surveys From the Summary (Sums)?
- Can I Export Only a Certain Set of Variables (And Not All of Them)?
- Can I Restore Data I Accidentally Deleted?
- Why Are Some of My Data Missing?
- What Kind of Customer Support Does 1KA Offer?
- Export to Excel: Why Are Answers Incomplete When I Export the Data to Excel?
- Why Is the Question Numbering Not in Consecutive Order?
- Export to Excel: Why Does a Warning Window Always Pop up When I’m Exporting the File to Excel?
- I Am Experiencing Difficulties When Exporting My Data to SPSS Syntax
- I Am Not Sure if All Units Are Included in the Analysis
- How Do I Delete Data and Test Units After Testing?
- What Is the Limitation on the Number of Questions and Respondents?
- Status of Units, Relevance, Validity and Missing Values
- Export to Text File
- Recommendations for Minimizing Non-response
- Automatic Coding
- Granting Access to Helpdesk
- Survey Data, Paradata, Identifiers, and System Variables
- Your First Survey
- Manual Coding
- Export to Excel
- 1KA Registration and Login
- Merging Data
- Measurement and Time Limitations for Responses
- Settings for Exporting PDF/RTF Files With Responses
- Computed Values
- Export to SPSS
- Adding Data (Append)
- Data Updates (File vs. Database)
- Insight Into the Respondents’ Answers
- Public URL to View Data and Analysis