Your first survey
After you have successfully registered on 1KA's website, you are able to create your first survey.
1. CREATING A SURVEY
Choose a name for your survey, which will be displayed in your directory, as well as the name that will be visible when the survey is published (to the respondents) – the names can also be identical. You can also select the primary language for the respondents, i.e. which language the basic options should use (next page, back, end of survey …). In order to create a short survey, click on the option 'Survey'. If you wish to create a form, click on the option 'Form', while for voting you must click on the option 'Voting'.
When you select the desired survey type (Survey), you will be automatically redirected to a page where you can edit the survey, choose from the different types of questions, and later, when you have finished collecting data, can also access the data and the analysis.
To start with, you have the option of setting socio-demographic questions, which are already pre-set in the 1KA tool. These questions are standard and are used in scientific research. The selected demographic variables can be included in the questionnaire by ticking the box next to the desired variables. 1KA positions the selected socio-demographic questions into a separate block at the end of the questionnaire. Each variable comes in various types – you can select the desired question type in the 'Edit question' sub-tab. All possible question types are found in the dropdown menu in the upper right corner of the question editor. Select the chosen type and click 'Close'.
If you dont like the default Introduction, you can simply change it by clicking on the text and enter your own introduction. The introduction should not be too long, but should serve to persuade the respondent to complete the survey. For more information on how to effectively write an introduction, consult our recommendations for writing the survey address.
Different types of questions are available on the left side of the screen, which can be easily inserted into your questionnaire. If you navigate the mouse over each question type, an example of the question formation is displayed. The questions can then be dragged and dropped to the desired position in the survey, or you can simply click on the question type, and the question will appear automatically at the bottom of the survey.
2. TESTING YOUR SURVEY
The 'TEST' – 'Diagnostics' tab warns you of any possible mistakes and offers recommendations to improve your survey. You can include Comments and Automatic entries in your survey. You can test the survey with the test entries icon, which can be found to the left of the survey URL and in the 'PUBLISH' – 'Settings' tab.
3. PUBLISHING YOUR SURVEY
By clicking on the 'Activate' option, which is found on the left side of the screen, the survey becomes active. A new window will appear; by default, the survey will be active for a period of three months, but the time period can be adjusted in the 'Activities settings can be changed here' option.
4. DATA REVIEW
In the 'DATA' tab, you can review the collected data, and can also review the answers for each individual unit with the 'Insight' option. By default, only valid units (i.e. units where the questionnaire was partly or fully completed) are displayed. The collected data can be exported in text format or into SPSS and Excel. More >>
5. OVERVIEW OF ANALYSIS
The 1KA tool merely generates tables according to the chosen question type. In the 'ANALYSE' – 'Statistics' tab, only basic statistical analyses are displayed, such as frequency, percent, number of units, etc. You also have the option of advanced analysis. More >>
The 'ANALYSE' – 'Charts' tab allows access to graphic presentation of data. Chart type is selected based on the question type, which you can also change. The colour of the charts can also be modified. More >>
- Why are the pages not displayed correctly and why is the content overlapping?
- Who can access and edit my survey and data?
- Why is my registration or login password invalid?
- How do you ensure personal data protection? What bounds you not to disclose personal data to third parties?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- How is the tool tested?
- How safe is it to store data on 1KA?
- Why is the CAPTCHA image not displayed?
- How many surveys have been created using 1KA and how many users does the application have?
- Can you help me design my survey?
- What about underage respondents?
- Frequently asked questions about private, business and AAI use of 1KA tool
- Can I import a questionnaire into 1KA?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- Can I change my existing email address to login to 1KA?
- Which browser should I choose when creating a survey?
- I signed up via FB and now I don't have my surveys
- For how long is the survey saved and for how long is it active?
- Where does free help end?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- What information should I include when I publish a report?
- Why don't I receive a confirmation e-mail after registration?
- Where can I change the language of the survey and 1KA application?
- Can I request the removal of a survey?
- We have problems with installing 1KA on our own server
- Who develops 1KA and why?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- How do I detect logical and technical errors in the questionnaire?
- Does 1KA application allow offline surveys on a laptop PC or USB flash drive?
- Why can't I log in?
- Accessibility of surveys for people with special needs
- Granting access to helpdesk
- 1KA registration and login
- Recommendation in case of 1KA tool upgrade
- The most common mistakes and recommendations in the creation of online surveys
- Key features that an advanced user should know
- Your first survey
- Reporting a survey that violates the General Terms and Conditions of 1KA online surveying tool
- Recommendations for online surveys on a mobile phone
- Organization of virtual domains
- Principles of 1KA public library use
- GDPR survey settings (3M 43S) [NEW]
- Standard words adjusting (2M 32S) [NEW]
- Entering completed questionnaires from field surveying (3m 25s) [NEW]
- Survey design (4M 54S) [NEW]
- 1KA library use (2m 52s) [NEW]
- Multilingual survey (4m 13s) [NEW]
- Sequential filtering of questions (drill-down) (3m 43s) [NEW]
- Loop (3m 48s) [NEW]
- Two-factor authentication (2m 13s) [NEW]
- Random groups of respondents (3m 22s) [NEW]
- PDF and RTF export settings (3m 32s) [NEW]
- Creating groups of respondents (4m 12s) [NEW]
- Simple survey (5m 25s) [NEW]
- Creating a quiz (3m 22s) [NEW]
- Filtering and exporting data in SPSS, XLS and CSV (5m 08s) [NEW]
- Importing text into 1KA (2m 45s) [NEW]
- Structuring questionnaire into blocks (5M 14S) [NEW]
- Copying the survey (1m 39s) [NEW]
- Basic use of conditions (3m) [NEW]
- Computations (5m 29s) [NEW]
- GDPR settings for editors (4M 13S) [NEW]
- 1KA survey import (1m 56s) [NEW]