Your First Survey
After you have successfully registered on 1KA's website, you are able to create your first survey.
1. CREATING A SURVEY
You can create a survey in the 'My surveys' tab by clicking on 'Create Survey'. Choose a name for your survey, which will be displayed in your directory, as well as the name that will be visible when the survey is published (to the respondents) – the names can also be identical. You can also select the primary language for the respondents, i.e. which language the basic options should use (next page, back, end of survey …). In order to create a short survey, click on the option 'Survey'. If you wish to create a form, click on the option 'Form', while for voting you must click on the option 'Voting'.
When you select the desired survey type (Survey), you will be automatically redirected to a page where you can edit the survey, choose from the different types of questions, and later, when you have finished collecting data, can also access the data and the analysis.
To start with, you have the option of setting socio-demographic questions, which are already pre-set in the 1KA tool. These questions are standard and are used in scientific research. The selected demographic variables can be included in the questionnaire by ticking the box next to the desired variables. 1KA positions the selected socio-demographic questions into a separate block at the end of the questionnaire. Each variable comes in various types – you can select the desired question type in the 'Edit question' sub-tab. All possible question types are found in the dropdown menu in the upper right corner of the question editor. Select the chosen type and click 'Close'.
If you don't like the default Introduction, you can simply change it by clicking on the text and enter your own introduction. The introduction should not be too long but should serve to persuade the respondent to complete the survey. For more information on how to effectively write an introduction, consult our recommendations for writing the survey introduction.
Different types of questions are available on the left side of the screen, which can be easily inserted into your questionnaire. If you navigate the mouse over each question type, an example of the question formation is displayed. The questions can then be dragged and dropped to the desired position in the survey, or you can simply click on the question type, and the question will appear automatically at the bottom of the survey.
2. TESTING YOUR SURVEY
The 'TEST' – 'Diagnostics' tab warns you of any possible mistakes and offers recommendations to improve your survey. You can include Comments and Automatic entries in your survey. Comments are only available in the 3KA package. You can test the survey with the test entries icon, which can be found to the left of the survey URL and in the 'PUBLISH' – 'Settings' tab.
3. PUBLISHING YOUR SURVEY
By clicking on the 'Activate' option, which is found on the left side of the screen, the survey becomes active. A new window will appear; by default, the survey will be active for a period of three months, but the time period can be adjusted in the 'Activities settings can be changed here' option.
Survey activation is also possible above, to the right of the survey URL, by clicking the OFF button.
4. DATA REVIEW
In the 'DATA' tab, you can review the collected data, and can also review the answers for each individual unit with the 'Insight' option. By default, only valid units (i.e. units where the questionnaire was partly or fully completed) are displayed. The collected data can be exported in text format or into SPSS and Excel. Data export is only available to 2KA and 3KA private package users. More >>
5. OVERVIEW OF ANALYSIS
The 1KA tool merely generates tables according to the chosen question type. In the 'ANALYSE' – 'Statistics' tab, only basic statistical analyses are displayed, such as frequency, percent, number of units, etc. 2KA and 3KA private package users also have the option of advanced analysis. More >>
The 'ANALYSE' – 'Charts' tab allows access to the graphic presentation of data. Charts are only available to 2KA and 3KA private package users. The chart type is selected based on the question type, which you can also change. The colour of the charts can also be modified. More >>
- How Do You Ensure Personal Data Protection? What Bounds You Not to Disclose Personal Data to Third Parties?
- What Is the Limitation on the Number of Questions and Respondents?
- Frequently Asked Questions About Private, Business and AAI Use of 1KA Tool
- Can I Request the Removal of a Survey?
- Where Does Free Help End?
- Why Are the Pages Not Displayed Correctly and Why Is the Content Overlapping?
- How Do I Detect Logical and Technical Errors in the Questionnaire?
- Who Develops 1KA and Why?
- Why Can’t I Log In?
- How Do I Clear My Browser’s Cookies?
- Why Is My Registration or Login Password Invalid?
- How Safe Is It to Store Data on 1KA?
- Why Don’t I Receive a Confirmation E-mail After Registration?
- What Kind of Customer Support Does 1KA Offer?
- Are Mobile Surveys Supported by 1KA?
- Who Can Access and Edit My Survey and Data?
- Where Can I Change the Language of the Survey and 1KA Application?
- Can I Change My Existing Email Address to Login to 1KA?
- How Do I Change or Update My Browser?
- I Signed up via FB and Now I Don’t Have My Surveys
- Why Is the CAPTCHA Image Not Displayed?
- How Is the Tool Tested?
- We Have Problems With Installing 1KA on Our Own Server
- What About Underage Respondents?
- Which Browser Should I Choose When Creating a Survey?
- Can I Modify the Introductory GDPR Question Text?
- How Many Surveys Have Been Created Using 1KA and How Many Users Does the Application Have?
- How Do I Quote / Cite the Use of 1KA in My Work?
- Can I Import a Questionnaire Into 1KA?
- What Information Should I Include When I Publish a Report?
- Does 1KA Application Allow Offline Surveys on a Laptop PC or USB Flash Drive?
- For How Long Is the Survey Saved and for How Long Is It Active?
- Can You Help Me Design My Survey?
- Accessibility of Surveys for People With Special Needs
- Granting Access to Helpdesk
- Recommendations for Online Surveys on a Mobile Phone
- Key Features That an Advanced User Should Know
- Troubleshooting Logging in to www.1KA.en With a Facebook or E-mail Account
- Organization of Virtual Domains
- The Most Common Mistakes and Recommendations in the Creation of Online Surveys
- Your First Survey
- Sending Invitations via 1KA SMTP E-mail System, via Gmail Server or Gmail User Account
- Reporting a Survey That Violates the General Terms and Conditions of 1KA Online Surveying Tool
- 1KA Registration and Login
- Principles of 1KA Public Library Use
- Recommendation in Case of 1KA Tool Upgrade
- Basic Use of Conditions (3m) [NEW]
- Filtering and Exporting Data in SPSS, XLS and CSV (5m 08s) [NEW]
- Computations (5m 29s) [NEW]
- GDPR Survey Settings (3M 43S) [NEW]
- Copying the Survey (1m 39s) [NEW]
- Creating Groups of Respondents (4m 12s) [NEW]
- Standard Words Adjusting (2M 32S) [NEW]
- Simple Survey (5m 25s) [NEW]
- PDF and RTF Export Settings (3m 32s) [NEW]
- 1KA Survey Import (1m 56s) [NEW]
- Survey Design (4M 54S) [NEW]
- Loop (3m 48s) [NEW]
- Creating a Quiz (3m 22s) [NEW]
- Random Groups of Respondents (3m 22s) [NEW]
- Entering Completed Questionnaires From Field Surveying (3m 25s) [NEW]
- Importing Text Into 1KA (2m 45s) [NEW]
- Structuring Questionnaire Into Blocks (5M 14S) [NEW]
- Multilingual Survey (4m 13s) [NEW]
- 1KA Library Use (2m 52s) [NEW]
- Two-Factor Authentication (2m 13s) [NEW]
- GDPR Settings for Editors (4M 13S) [NEW]
- Sequential Filtering of Questions (Drill-Down) (3m 43s) [NEW]