Use of identification codes for respondents
Using the 1KA email invitation system allows you to track the respondents.
The system recognizes the status of each respondent according to the individual code, which you need to include in the 'PUBLISH' – 'Invitations' tab.
Enter individual code
In email invitation settings you can choose between automatic and manual entry of individual code:
- Automatic entry: by choosing 'Automatic to UR', the individual code is embedded in the survey URL, but the email must be sent via the SMTP 1KA system and the message must include the variable # URL #.
- Manual entry: if you select this, the respondent will have to enter the password himself, which is used primarily for letter invitations. In this case, the respondent must also receive his individual code.
Assign individual code
The 1KA system enables automatic generation of individual code. When author of the survey adds respondent’s email, the system generates an individual code or password for each respondent.
However, the individual code can be defined by the user or the author of the survey and entered by the email address when adding the respondent. More >>
Activate individual code
The last step in tracking respondents is to activate individual codes:
- When sending email invitations via STMP 1KA, codes are activated in the last step with the sent email.
- In case of using another system for sending email invitations or sending written invitations, the codes can also be activated manually, in the 'View' step by clicking 'Activate recipients and their passwords without sending emails'.
By activating the recipients and their passwords, a new line is created in the database, in which the responses of each respondent are stored.
- How can I track the respondents?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- Why are e-invitations redirected to spam?
- Can standard words be altered?
- Are there any templates available (for example, to evaluate the work of a professor in the classroom)?
- Can I insert an attachment in the email invitation?
- What information should I include when I publish a report?
- How do I prevent the same respondent from participating in the survey multiple times?
- How to ensure anonymity in an online employee survey?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- What about underage respondents?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- How do I create a one-click log-in confirmation in 1KA?
- Where does free help end?
- For how long is the survey saved and for how long is it active?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- How is the tool tested?
- Who can respond to my survey?
- Troubles sending email invitation using Gmail email server
- Can I send an email with an invitation to my survey to anyone?
- Why is the CAPTCHA image not displayed?
- Is it possible to change the sender's email when sending email invitations through the 1KA system?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- How safe is it to store data on 1KA?
- Your first survey
- 1KA registration and login
- Granting access to helpdesk
- Combining lists of email invitations
- Sending emails via an arbitrary server (e.g. gmail)
- Setting a custom URL for a survey
- Use of identification codes for respondents
- Embedding the survey on a website
- Settings for respondent access: cookies and passwords
- Adding respondents when sending email invitations
- Sending email invitations
- Recommendations for minimizing non-response