The response rate
In the 'DASHBOARD' tab, you can view information about your survey, survey redirections, the status of the survey, the survey’s timeline, responses by pages, as well as the response rate.
The section 'Response rate' displays the cumulative status according to the following statuses:
- Entered intro: each click to the survey is counted, irrespective of whether the survey was completed in full or if the respondent left the survey immediately after clicking on the URL;
- Entered first page: each respondent that clicked on 'Next page' is counted;
- Partially completed: each respondent that answered at least one question is counted;
- Completed the survey: each respondent that answered clicked on the 'End' button on the last page of the survey is counted.
If the respondent did not answer a single question, despite clicking through to the end or only to the middle of the survey, the survey is assigned the status 'partially empty' (5l) or 'completely empty(6l)', where the letter 'l' refers to lurker.
Rates of responses are detailed in this DIAGRAM.
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- My survey has very few responses (N)
- Is the survey saved if the respondent does not answer a certain question?
- Where does free help end?
- Why did several respondents from the same IP address fulfilled the survey?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- What about underage respondents?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- How is the tool tested?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- How safe is it to store data on 1KA?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- Quality index (reminder tracking)
- Granting access to helpdesk
- Survey data, paradata, identifiers, and system variables
- Criteria for usable respondents
- Status of units, relevance, validity and missing values
- Using the IP address and cookies to control duplicate entries
- Setting up a static first page (introduction)
- Your first survey
- The response rate
- Interruptions (BETA)
- 1KA registration and login
- Detailed computations of questionnaire usability