In the survey settings, basic settings, cookies, missing values, metadata, length, standard words, notifications, comments and access for other users can all be managed.
In the tab 'EDIT' - 'Settings' you can change survey settings in the way you desire. You can manage basic data, access of respondents and editors, length, standard words, notifications, comments, missing values, paradata, data display and groups.
1. Basic info
- Basic info: here you can change the internal name of the survey, published name of the survey and write annotations to the survey.
- Language: you can change the language for survey editors, respondents and for the directory 'My surveys'. Here you can also access options for translating survey into other languages. Translations and advanced settings are only available to 2KA and 3KA private package users. More on language settings can be found HERE >>.
- Interactive elements: Here you enable the display of progress indicator in a survey and also hide the title of a survey to respondents. Here you can also manage the display of the policy of privacy at the beginning of the survey (if you choose the option with confirmation, respondents can only continue with a survey by agreeing with conditions). You can also enable the option for continuing the survey later and enable hints that are shown to respondents through survey filling.
- Library: You can set if you want your survey to be shown in the 1KA library, where all 1KA users can see it. An alternative is that your survey is only visible in your folder in the library 'My surveys'.
- Question numbering: you can determine in what way you want the numbering of the questions in the survey to be (without, with a sequential number, with the variable name, with name).
- Notifications: You can turn off the display by clicking 'back' and set notifications to Question 2.
2. Respondent access
Cookie: You can choose when you want cookies to be saved by using the next available options:
- 'until the end of survey filling'. That means that the cookie is erased right after respondents finish answering a survey
- 'until the end of browser session' where the cookie will be deleted right after closing the browser that was used for survey filling (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera)
- 'for one hour' means that the cookie will be erased one hour after the respondent first clicked on the URL of the survey
- 'for one month' where the cookie will be erased one month after a respondent first clicked on the survey.
In this bundle, you can also set where the respondent is put when returned to a survey. You can put respondents to the beginning, but then answers can be doubled because the first inputs had already been saved. An alternative is to put respondents where they finished the survey last time and just let them continue.
You can enable a user that has already filled your survey to edit answers later, but that means that data and analyses will also be changed. Therefore it is better to not enable this option.
1KA also enables the recognition of respondents, but they must be registered users. There are three options available. With the first two options, you can mark that person is displayed their email when inserting answers by clicking 'When answering to a survey display respondent’s mail'. Three different options exist:
- 1KA recognizes respondent that is answering to your survey,
- 1KA recognizes a person who inputs surveys filled before by other persons,
- you can also disable recognition so that 1KA does not recognize users from CMS.
Access: Here you can set a limit of survey filling for different types of users: registered users, members, administrators…
Password: Multiple passwords can be generated and consequently multiple groups of respondents can be made and later used in analyses. Passwords are only available to 2KA and 3KA private package users.
3. Editor access
- Here you can set who besides you, the author can edit the survey. Information about who are users that can also edit survey is also displayed. For every user, you can put some restrictions such as certain user can only access data and analyses, but is unable to unlock survey for editing.
- Access to persons can be added by writing their email address into the 'Adding users for survey editing' input field. If there are multiple users, you can write each address into its own line. More >>
- Expiration of a survey can be set by clicking on the calendar icon, that is located to the right of the windows with a date, and choose date of beginning and date of the end of the survey;
- Option 'permanent survey' is also available. That means that the survey does not have a fixed date of expiration;
- A maximum number of responses (quota) can also be set by selecting the option 'yes'. Then you have to write the number that decides after how many responses the survey will be deactivated.
5. Standard words
Besides changing language, the application also allows manual change of standard words. Standard words in a survey can be changed in your survey in any desired way. You can, for example, replace the button 'finish' with the button 'the end'.
You can set notifications about the completed survey, change of activity, expiration of survey or deleted survey. Notifications are only available to 2KA and 3KA private package users. More about notification settings can be learnt in the manual Notifications.
- Before sending a survey to respondents, it is advisable to show your survey to other administrators. It can also be shown to respondents. Commenting should be enabled for those persons. Comments can be enabled for each question or for the whole survey in the navigation 'Comments'. Comments are only available to 3KA private package users
- Administrative comments to survey, questions and comments of respondents can be enabled. Some advanced settings are also available and are explained HERE >>.
8. Missing values
1KA has pre-set missing values. You can choose 'use default (system missing values)', you can also change or remove them.
- IP address: here option of saving IP address is located. IP numbers are saved into the base and are shown in the tab DASHBOARD, but are not connected with data, because IP is treated as personal data.
10. Data display
Here you can set the default display of valid units, the respondent's date and the row number of the respondent.
Groups of respondents with their own URL of the survey can be created here if you want to analyse each group individually, but you don’t want to ask them identification questions. Groups are only available to 2KA and 3KA private package users.
- The questionnaire does not close (when clicking the END button) after survey completion
- When exporting the questionnaire in MS Word the structure of the questionnaire changes
- How do I separate different sections of the questionnaire with a title or introductory question
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- Can I add a new question after the survey is already active?
- How do I change the font size in questions and answers?
- Can I set a quota for a particular question or questionnaire (restrictions on the number of respondents)?
- How can I set the cell alignment in the table?
- Is it possible to create several different versions of a questionnaire, with each version randomly assigned to a respondent?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- How do I change the question type?
- Why is a new question always placed at the bottom of the questionnaire and why do I have to move it up manually?
- How to properly methodologically set the answers 'Don’t know', 'Invalid', 'None of the above' and 'Refused'?
- My survey disappeared
- How can I use missing values in conditions?
- Can I display answers in form of a selection list?
- How to set that a chosen website is opened to a respondent after completing survey?
- Can I set the respondent to edit his answers?
- How to set default values for respondents?
- Why is it not advisable to copy text?
- How do I create a one-click log-in confirmation in 1KA?
- How do I detect logical and technical errors in the questionnaire?
- How do I set that respondents skip certain questions that are inappropriate for them (conditions)?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- Can I alter the design of an individual survey?
- How long should my survey be?
- Why are the repondent's answers lost in case of 'step by step mode' with question type 'table' if respondent moves to the previous page?
- What about underage respondents?
- Modifying the text of the GDPR intrduction
- How is the tool tested?
- Can I create a table in which a respondent can choose the most and the least important answer (Max-Diff table)?
- Can I change the name of the variable with predefined demographic variables?
- Why is the question numbering not in consecutive order?
- How do I customize the format of the survey to be in line with our organization?
- Is it possible to make a copy of an old survey so that new respondents can answer it?
- Why is the CAPTCHA image not displayed?
- For how long is the survey saved and for how long is it active?
- Where can I change the language of the survey and 1KA application?
- Can standard words be altered?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- How do I prevent the same respondent from participating in the survey multiple times?
- Who can respond to my survey?
- Where does free help end?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- When is it advisable to use the question comments function?
- Can I make changes to a survey after it has been activated and published?
- Can respondents save or print their answers?
- Can I change my existing email address to login to 1KA?
- Which design is the most suitable for mobile devices and tablets?
- How do I enable spell checking?
- How can I add another survey administrator?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- How can I personalize my survey with a custom logo?
- How can the respondents continue with the survey at a later date?
- Verification of user’s attention with the use of a “trap” question
- Registration form
- Step by step mode with table question type
- Default answer labels
- Setting up a static first page (introduction)
- Organizing surveys in folders
- Settings for respondent access: cookies and passwords
- Advanced questionnaire editing settings
- Recommendations for questionnaire creation
- Drill-down: sequential filtering of questions
- Mobile survey adjustments
- Insert numerical answers with slider
- Accessibility of surveys for people with special needs
- 1KA settings for email notifications for completed surveys and insight into the respondent's answers
- Additional settings for the introduction and conclusion
- 'Heatmap' Question
- Key features that an advanced user should know
- Visual Analogue Scale
- Labelling a question as mandatory
- Recommendations for minimizing non-response
- Semantic differential
- 1KA registration and login
- Adding a new language for the standard words
- Structuring questions into blocks
- Creating sub-samples: half of the respondents gets one question, while the other half a different question
- The double grid table
- Display the list of open answers in the survey
- Granting access to helpdesk
- Edit response's values
- Image type of question layout
- Your first survey
- Settings for exporting PDF/RTF files with responses
- Including a video or flash player in your survey
- Disabling the question for respondents
- Transfering values from the answer of one question into the text of another question ( data piping)
- 'Take a picture' question type
- Option to hide radio and checkbox buttons next to categories
- Electronic signature
- Using the IP address and cookies to control duplicate entries
- Survey preview
- Recommendations for online surveys on a mobile phone
- Classifying or ranking
- GDPR survey settings
- Text (type of question)
- The use of conditions
- Export (Survey archive)
- Image Hotspot question type
- Survey settings
- How to repeat the tittle bar in a table
- Hiding answers in already active survey
- Creating respondent groups
- Use of editor when editing questions
- Different ways to display a question for the date
- Survey duration based on date or the number of responses
- Changing the size of radio and checkbox buttons
- Combined table
- Usage of 'location' question type
- E-mail (type of question)
- System variables in conditions
- Editing options in the question taskbar
- Tabs in the questionnaire
- Import text - copying text to 1KA
- Uploading a file
- Standard demographics
- Advanced adding of images as an answer
- Set up of drag and drop question type
- Placing answers on stripe
- Inserting images into your questionnaire
- Satisficing in the survey
- Adding editorial access on 1ka.arnes.si
- Data display (settings)
- Measurement and time limitations for responses
- Loop (3m 48s) [NEW]
- Comments settings (3m 19s) [NEW]
- Importing text into 1KA (2m 45s) [NEW]
- 1KA survey import (1m 56s) [NEW]
- Survey testing (5m 20s) [NEW]
- Survey design (4M 54S) [NEW]
- Inserting images (3m 23s) [NEW]
- Basic use of conditions (3m) [NEW]
- Standard words adjusting (2M 32S) [NEW]
- Multilingual survey (4m 13s) [NEW]
- Structuring questionnaire into blocks (5M 14S) [NEW]
- Entering completed questionnaires from field surveying (3m 25s) [NEW]
- PDF and RTF export settings (3m 32s) [NEW]
- 1KA library use (2m 52s) [NEW]
- Two-factor authentication (2m 13s) [NEW]
- Computations (5m 29s) [NEW]
- GDPR survey settings (3M 43S) [NEW]
- Creating a quiz (3m 22s) [NEW]
- Transfering response value (data piping) (2m 23s) [NEW]
- Creating groups of respondents (4m 12s) [NEW]
- Sequential filtering of questions (drill-down) (3m 43s) [NEW]
- Copying the survey (1m 39s) [NEW]
- Simple survey (5m 25s) [NEW]