In the survey settings, basic settings, cookies, missing values, metadata, length, standard words, notifications, comments and access for other users can all be managed.
In the tab 'EDIT' - 'Settings' you can change survey settings in way you desire. You can manage basic data, access of respondents and editors, length, standard words, notifications, comments, missing values, paradata, data display and groups.
1. Basic info
- Basic info: here you can change internal name of the survey, published name of the survey and write annotations to survey.
- Language: you can change language for survey editors, respondents and for directory 'My surveys'. Here you can also access options for translating survey into other languages. More on language settings can be found HERE >>.
- Interactive elements: Here you enable display of indicator of progress in a survey and also hide title of a survey to respondents. Here you can also manage display of policy of privacy at the beginning of the survey (if you choose option with confirmation, respondent can only continue with a survey by agreeing with conditions). You can also enable option for continuing survey later and enable hints that are shown to respondents through survey filling.
- Library: You can set if you want your survey to be shown in 1KA library, where all 1KA users can see it. Alternative is that your survey is only visible in your folder in the library 'My surveys'.
- Question numbering: you can determine in what way you want numbering of the questions in the survey to be (without, with sequential number, with variable name, with name).
- Notifications: You can turn off display by clicking 'back' and set notifications to Question 2.
2. Respondent access
Cookie: You can choose when you want cookies to be saved by using next available options:
- 'until the end of survey filling'. That means that cookie is erased right after respondents finish with answering to a survey
- 'until the end of browser session' where the cookie will be deleted right after closing the browser that was used for survey filling (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera)
- 'for one hour' means that cookie will be erased one hour after the respondent first clicked on the URL of the survey
- 'for one month' where cookie will be erased one month after a respondent first clicked on the survey.
In this bundle you can also set where respondent is put when returned to a survey. You can put respondent to the beginning, but then answers can be doubled, because first inputs had already been saved. Alternative is to put respondents where they finished survey last time and just let them continue.
You can enable user that has already filled your survey to edit answers later, but that means that data and analyses will also be changed. Therefore it is better to not enable this option.
1KA also enables recognition of respondents, but they must be registered users. There are three options available. With first two options you can mark that person is displayed its email when inserting answers by clicking 'When answering to a survey display respondent’s mail'. Three different options exist:
- 1KA recognizes respondent that is answering to your survey,
- 1KA recognizes person who inputs surveys filled before by other persons,
- you can also disable recognition so that 1KA does not recognize users from CMS.
Access: Here you can set a limit of survey filling for different types of users: registered users, members, administrators…
Password: Multiple passwords can be generated and consequently multiple groups of respondents can be made and later used in analyses.
3. Editor access
- Here you can set who beside you, the author, can edit survey. Information about who are users that can also edit survey, is also displayed. For every user you can put some restrictions such as: certain user can only access data and analyses, but is unable to unlock survey for editing.
- Access to persons can be added by writing their email address into 'Adding users for survey editing' input field. If there are multiple users, you can write each address into its own line. More >>
- Expiration of a survey can be set by clicking on the calendar icon, that is located to the right of the windows with a date, and choose date of beginning and date of the end of the survey;
- Option 'permanent survey' is also available. That means that survey does not have a fixed date of expiration;
- Maximum number of responses (quota) can also be set by selecting option 'yes'. Then you have to write the number that decides after how many responses survey will be deactivated.
5. Standard words
Besides changing language, application also allows manual change of standard words. Standard words in a survey can be changed in your survey in any desired way. You can, for example, replace the button 'finish' with button 'the end'.
In the options notifications about filled survey, change of activity, expiration of survey or deleted survey can be enabled. More about notification settings can be learnt in the manual Notifications.
- Before sending a survey to respondents, it is advisable to show your survey to other administrators. It can also be shown to respondents. Commenting should be enabled for those persons. Comments can be enabled for each question or for the whole survey in the navigation 'Comments'.
- Administrative comments to survey, questions and comments of respondents can be enabled. Some advanced settings are also available and are explained HERE >>.
8. Missing values
1KA has pre-set missing values. You can choose 'use default (system missing values)', you can also change or remove them.
- IP address: here option of saving IP address is located. IP numbers are saved into the base and are shown in the tab DASHBOARD, but are not connected with data, because IP is treated as personal data.
10. Data display
Here you can set default display of valid units, date of respondent and number of line of respondent.
Groups of respondents with their own URL of survey can be created here if you want to analyse each group individually, but you don’t want to ask them question for identification.
- How do I enable spell checking?
- Why is a new question always placed at the bottom of the questionnaire and why do I have to move it up manually?
- Is it possible to create several different versions of a questionnaire, with each version randomly assigned to a respondent?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- My survey disappeared
- How is the tool tested?
- How do I create a one-click log-in confirmation in 1KA?
- How do I change the question type?
- Where can I change the language of the survey and 1KA application?
- When exporting the questionnaire in MS Word the structure of the questionnaire changes
- How do I customize the format of the survey to be in line with our organization?
- Can I make changes to a survey after it has been activated and published?
- How can I use missing values in conditions?
- Why are the repondent's answers lost in case of 'step by step mode' with question type 'table' if respondent moves to the previous page?
- How do I change the font size in questions and answers?
- When is it advisable to use the question comments function?
- What about underage respondents?
- How can the respondents continue with the survey at a later date?
- Can I create a table in which a respondent can choose the most and the least important answer (Max-Diff table)?
- For how long is the survey saved and for how long is it active?
- How to set that a chosen website is opened to a respondent after completing survey?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- How can I personalize my survey with a custom logo?
- Can respondents save or print their answers?
- How do I separate different sections of the questionnaire with a title or introductory question
- How do I prevent the same respondent from participating in the survey multiple times?
- How do I detect logical and technical errors in the questionnaire?
- How can I add another survey administrator?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- Can I set the respondent to edit his answers?
- Can I change the name of the variable with predefined demographic variables?
- Why is the question numbering not in consecutive order?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- Why is the CAPTCHA image not displayed?
- Can standard words be altered?
- Can I alter the design of an individual survey?
- Can I add a new question after the survey is already active?
- Where does free help end?
- How do I set that respondents skip certain questions that are inappropriate for them (conditions)?
- Can I set a quota for a particular question or questionnaire (restrictions on the number of respondents)?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- Is it possible to make a copy of an old survey so that new respondents can answer it?
- Can I display answers in form of a selection list?
- How to set default values for respondents?
- How can I set the cell alignment in the table?
- Can I change my existing email address to login to 1KA?
- Who can respond to my survey?
- Which design is the most suitable for mobile devices and tablets?
- How to properly methodologically set the answers 'Don’t know', 'Invalid', 'None of the above' and 'Refused'?
- Why is it not advisable to copy text?
- How long should my survey be?
- The questionnaire does not close (when clicking the END button) after survey completion
- How to repeat the tittle bar in a table
- Step by step mode with table question type
- System variables in conditions
- Recommendations for questionnaire creation
- Electronic signature
- Creating respondent groups
- Changing the size of radio and checkbox buttons
- Set up of drag and drop question type
- Measurement and time limitations for responses
- Disabling the question for respondents
- Inserting images into your questionnaire
- Organizing surveys in folders
- Visual Analogue Scale
- Recommendations for online surveys on a mobile phone
- Classifying or ranking
- Registration form
- Settings for respondent access: cookies and passwords
- Using the IP address and cookies to control duplicate entries
- Editing options in the question taskbar
- Semantic differential
- Granting access to helpdesk
- E-mail (type of question)
- Additional settings for the introduction and conclusion
- Image Hotspot question type
- Survey preview
- Display the list of open answers in the survey
- Edit response's values
- 'Heatmap' Question
- Hiding answers in already active survey
- Structuring questions into blocks
- Placing answers on stripe
- The double grid table
- Mobile survey adjustments
- Export (Survey archive)
- Survey settings
- Verification of user’s attention with the use of a “trap” question
- Settings for exporting PDF/RTF files with responses
- Including a video or flash player in your survey
- Key features that an advanced user should know
- The use of conditions
- 'Take a picture' question type
- Import text - copying text to 1KA
- Survey duration based on date or the number of responses
- 1KA registration and login
- Labelling a question as mandatory
- Advanced adding of images as an answer
- Option to hide radio and checkbox buttons next to categories
- Use of editor when editing questions
- Your first survey
- Data display (settings)
- Image type of question layout
- Text (type of question)
- Insert numerical answers with slider
- Standard demographics
- Setting up a static first page (introduction)
- Recommendations for minimizing non-response
- Usage of 'location' question type
- Creating sub-samples: half of the respondents gets one question, while the other half a different question
- GDPR survey settings
- Different ways to display a question for the date
- Transfering values from the answer of one question into the text of another question ( data piping)
- Tabs in the questionnaire
- Accessibility of surveys for people with special needs
- 1KA settings for email notifications for completed surveys and insight into the respondent's answers
- Satisficing in the survey
- Drill-down: sequential filtering of questions
- Advanced questionnaire editing settings
- Combined table
- Default answer labels