In the survey settings, basic settings, cookies, missing values, metadata, length, standard words, notifications, comments and access for other users can all be managed.
In the tab 'EDIT' - 'Settings' you can change survey settings in the way you desire. You can manage basic data, access of respondents and editors, length, standard words, notifications, comments, missing values, paradata, data display and groups.
1. Basic info
- Basic info: here you can change the internal name of the survey, the published name of the survey and write annotations to the survey.
- Language: you can change the language for survey editors, respondents and for the directory 'My surveys'. Here you can also access options for translating the survey into other languages. Translations and advanced settings are only available to 2KA and 3KA private package users. More on language settings can be found HERE >>.
- Interactive elements: Here you enable the display of the progress indicator in a survey and also hide the title of a survey to respondents. Here you can also manage the display of the policy of privacy at the beginning of the survey (if you choose the option with confirmation, respondents can only continue with a survey by agreeing with conditions). You can also enable the option for continuing the survey later and enable hints that are shown to respondents through survey filling.
- Library: You can set if you want your survey to be shown in the 1KA library, where all 1KA users can see it. An alternative is that your survey is only visible in your folder in the library - in the folder 'My surveys'.
- Question numbering: you can determine in what way you want the numbering of the questions in the survey to be (without, with a sequential number, with the variable name, with name).
- Notifications: You can turn off the display by clicking 'back' and set notifications to Question 2.
2. Respondent access
Cookie: You can choose when you want cookies to be saved by using the next available options:
- 'until the end of the questionnaire'. That means that the cookie is erased right after respondents finish answering a survey
- 'until the end of browser session' where the cookie will be deleted right after closing the browser that was used for survey filling (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera)
- 'for 1 hour' means that the cookie will be erased one hour after the respondent first clicked on the URL of the survey
- 'for 1 month' where the cookie will be erased one month after a respondent first clicked on the survey.
In this bundle, you can also set where the respondent is put when returning to a survey. You can put respondents to the beginning, but then answers can be doubled because the first inputs had already been saved. An alternative is to put respondents where they finished the survey last time and just let them continue.
You can enable a user that has already filled your survey to edit answers later, but that means that data and analyses will also be changed. Therefore it is better to not enable this option.
1KA also enables the recognition of respondents, but they must be registered users. There are three options available. With the first two options, you can mark that person is displayed their email when inserting answers by clicking 'When answering to a survey display respondent’s mail'. Three different options exist:
- 1KA recognizes the respondent that is answering your survey,
- 1KA recognizes a person who inputs surveys filled before by other persons,
- You can also disable recognition so that 1KA does not recognize users from the CMS.
Access: Here you can set a limit of survey filling for different types of users: registered users, members, administrators…
Password: Multiple passwords can be generated and consequently multiple groups of respondents can be made and later used in analyses. Passwords are only available to 2KA and 3KA private package users.
3. Editor access
- Here you can set who besides you, the author can edit the survey. Information about who are users that can also edit the survey is also displayed. For every user, you can put some restrictions such as certain user can only access data and analyses, but is not able to unlock survey for editing.
- Access to persons can be added by writing their email address into the 'Add users that can edit survey' input field. If there are multiple users, you can write each address into its own line. More >>
- Expiration of a survey can be set by clicking on the calendar icon, that is located to the right of the windows with a date, and choose date of beginning and date of the end of the survey;
- Option 'permanent survey' is also available. That means that the survey does not have a fixed date of expiration;
- A maximum number of responses (quota) can also be set by selecting the option 'yes'. Then you have to write the number that decides after how many responses the survey will be deactivated.
5. Standard words
Besides changing language, the application also allows manual change of standard words. Standard words in a survey can be changed in your survey in any desired way. You can, for example, replace the button 'End' with the button 'Finish'.
You can set notifications about the completed survey, change of activity, expiration of survey or deleted survey. Notifications are only available to 2KA and 3KA private package users. More about notification settings can be learnt in the manual Notifications.
- Before sending a survey to respondents, it is advisable to show your survey to other administrators. It can also be shown to respondents. Commenting should be enabled for those people. Comments can be enabled for each question or for the whole survey in the navigation 'Comments'. Comments are only available to 3KA private package users
- Administrative comments to survey, questions and comments of respondents can be enabled. Some advanced settings are also available and are explained HERE >>.
8. Missing values
1KA has pre-set missing values. You can choose 'Apply the default (system missing values)', you can also change or remove them.
- IP address: here option of saving IP address is located. IP numbers are saved into the base and are shown in the tab DASHBOARD, but are not connected with data, because IP is treated as personal data.
10. Data display
Here you can set the default display of valid units, the respondent's date and the row number of the respondent.
Groups of respondents with their own URL of the survey can be created here if you want to analyse each group individually, but you don’t want to ask them identification questions. Groups are only available to 2KA and 3KA private package users.
- How Do I Change or Update My Browser?
- Where Can I Change the Language of the Survey and 1KA Application?
- How Can I Set the Cell Alignment in the Table?
- Can I Set a Quota for a Particular Question or Questionnaire (Restrictions on the Number of Respondents)?
- How Do I Change the Question Type?
- How Can the Respondents Continue With the Survey at a Later Date?
- My Survey Disappeared
- How Long Should My Survey Be?
- How Do I Customize the Format of the Survey to Be in Line With Our Organization?
- Why Is the Question Numbering Not in Consecutive Order?
- Can I Change the Name of the Variable With Predefined Demographic Variables?
- Can I Make Changes to a Survey After It Has Been Activated and Published?
- Can Standard Words Be Altered?
- How Do I Set That Respondents Skip Certain Questions That Are Inappropriate for Them (Conditions)?
- When Is It Advisable to Use the Question Comments Function?
- Why Is a New Question Always Placed at the Bottom of the Questionnaire and Why Do I Have to Move It up Manually?
- Can I Set the Respondent to Edit His Answers?
- Can I Modify the Introductory GDPR Question Text?
- How Do I Separate Different Sections of the Questionnaire With a Title or Introductory Question
- How to Properly Methodologically Set the Answers ‘Don’t Know’, ‘Invalid’, ‘None of the Above’ and ‘Refused’?
- When Exporting the Questionnaire in MS Word the Structure of the Questionnaire Changes
- Can I Add a New Question After the Survey Is Already Active?
- What About Underage Respondents?
- How Can I Add Another Survey Administrator?
- How Do I Enable Spell Checking?
- Is It Possible to Create Several Different Versions of a Questionnaire, With Each Version Randomly Assigned to a Respondent?
- The Questionnaire Does Not Close (When Clicking the END Button) After Survey Completion
- Can I Change My Existing Email Address to Login to 1KA?
- What Is the Limitation on the Number of Questions and Respondents?
- How Can I Use Missing Values in Conditions?
- For How Long Is the Survey Saved and for How Long Is It Active?
- How Do I Create a One-Click Log-in Confirmation in 1KA?
- How Do I Detect Logical and Technical Errors in the Questionnaire?
- How Do I Prevent the Same Respondent From Participating in the Survey Multiple Times?
- How Is the Tool Tested?
- Is It Possible to Make a Copy of an Old Survey So That New Respondents Can Answer It?
- Why Are the Repondent’s Answers Lost in Case of ‘Step by Step Mode’ With Question Type ‘Table’ if Respondent Moves to the Previous Page?
- Can I Alter the Design of an Individual Survey?
- Are Mobile Surveys Supported by 1KA?
- How Do I Change the Font Size in Questions and Answers?
- How to Set That a Chosen Website Is Opened to a Respondent After Completing Survey?
- Which Design Is the Most Suitable for Mobile Devices and Tablets?
- What Kind of Customer Support Does 1KA Offer?
- Can I Display Answers in Form of a Selection List?
- How to Set Default Values for Respondents?
- Where Does Free Help End?
- Can I Create a Table in Which a Respondent Can Choose the Most and the Least Important Answer (Max-Diff Table)?
- Why Is the CAPTCHA Image Not Displayed?
- Who Can Respond to My Survey?
- Why Is It Not Advisable to Copy Text?
- How Do I Quote / Cite the Use of 1KA in My Work?
- Can Respondents Save or Print Their Answers?
- How Can I Personalize My Survey With a Custom Logo?
- How Do I Clear My Browser’s Cookies?
- How to Repeat the Title Bar in a Table
- Edit Response’s Values
- Hiding Answers in Already Active Survey
- Labelling a Question as Mandatory
- Setting up a Static First Page (Introduction)
- Your First Survey
- Creating Sub-samples: Half of the Respondents Gets One Question, While the Other Half a Different Question
- Import Text - Copying Text to 1KA
- Classifying or Ranking
- Step by Step Mode With Table Question Type
- Data Display (Settings)
- Using the IP Address and Cookies to Control Duplicate Entries
- Granting Access to Helpdesk
- Visual Analogue Scale
- Electronic Signature
- Recommendations for Questionnaire Creation
- Key Features That an Advanced User Should Know
- Usage of ‘Location’ Question Type
- Changing the Size of Radio and Checkbox Buttons
- Insert Numerical Answers With Slider
- The Use of Conditions
- Settings for Exporting PDF/RTF Files With Responses
- 'Take a Picture' Question Type
- Organizing Surveys in Folders
- Set Up of Drag and Drop Question Type
- Semantic Differential
- Default Answer Labels
- Image Hotspot Question Type
- Export (Survey Archive)
- Including a Video or Flash Player in Your Survey
- Adding a New Language for the Standard Words
- E-mail (Type of Question)
- Measurement and Time Limitations for Responses
- System Variables in Conditions
- GDPR Survey Settings
- Satisficing in the Survey
- Survey Preview
- Uploading a File
- Registration Form
- Display the List of Open Answers in the Survey
- Recommendations for Minimizing Non-response
- Additional Settings for the Introduction and Conclusion
- Placing Answers on Stripe
- Recommendations for Online Surveys on a Mobile Phone
- Combined Table
- Image Type of Question Layout
- Random Display of Survey Questions (Randomization)
- Text (Type of Question)
- Inserting Images Into Your Questionnaire
- Structuring Questions Into Blocks
- Settings for Respondent Access: Cookies and Passwords
- Mobile Survey Adjustments
- Use of the Editor When Editing Questions
- Using Library When Creating a Survey
- Verification of User’s Attention With the Use of a “Trap” Question
- Standard Demographics
- 'Heatmap' Question
- 1KA Settings for Email Notifications for Completed Surveys and Insight Into the Respondent’s Answers
- Tabs in the Questionnaire
- 1KA Registration and Login
- Disabling the Question for Respondents
- Option to Hide Radio and Checkbox Buttons Next to Categories
- The Double Grid Table
- Advanced Questionnaire Editing Settings
- Adding Editorial Access on 1ka.arnes.si
- Drill-Down: Sequential Filtering of Questions
- Advanced Adding of Images as an Answer
- Transferring Values From the Answer of One Question Into the Text of Another Question (Data Piping)
- Accessibility of Surveys for People With Special Needs
- Different Ways to Display a Question for the Date
- Survey Settings
- Survey Duration Based on Date or the Number of Responses
- Editing Options in the Question Taskbar
- Creating Respondent Groups
- PDF and RTF Export Settings (3m 32s) [NEW]
- Entering Completed Questionnaires From Field Surveying (3m 25s) [NEW]
- Comments Settings (3m 19s) [NEW]
- Multilingual Survey (4m 13s) [NEW]
- Inserting Images (3m 23s) [NEW]
- Loop (3m 48s) [NEW]
- Sequential Filtering of Questions (Drill-Down) (3m 43s) [NEW]
- Basic Use of Conditions (3m) [NEW]
- 1KA Survey Import (1m 56s) [NEW]
- Computations (5m 29s) [NEW]
- Creating a Quiz (3m 22s) [NEW]
- GDPR Survey Settings (3M 43S) [NEW]
- Importing Text Into 1KA (2m 45s) [NEW]
- Survey Design (4M 54S) [NEW]
- 1KA Library Use (2m 52s) [NEW]
- Structuring Questionnaire Into Blocks (5M 14S) [NEW]
- Standard Words Adjusting (2M 32S) [NEW]
- Creating Groups of Respondents (4m 12s) [NEW]
- Two-Factor Authentication (2m 13s) [NEW]
- Copying the Survey (1m 39s) [NEW]
- Transfering Response Value (Data Piping) (2m 23s) [NEW]
- Simple Survey (5m 25s) [NEW]
- Survey Testing (5m 20s) [NEW]