Sending Email Invitations
The standard methods of conducting online surveys
Two email messages (i.e. invitations) sent to the entire list of respondents with no tracking are sufficient in the majority of cases:
- In the first email invite all potential respondents with an email invitation, such as for example: “I kindly invite you to participate in a survey…”;
- The second mail should be sent after two or three days, but no longer than a week after the first mail was sent. Once again you address the entire list of potential respondents (those who have already participated as well as those who have not yet participated) with a uniform statement, such as for example: “You were invited to participate in a survey recently … We thank all those who have participated. Those who have not yet had the chance to participate, we once again kindly ask you to take part in the survey.”.
The two messages are sent to the entire list of potential respondents using the standard method of email correspondence, by which you send the URL to the survey by using your preferred email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, MS Outlook, Thunderbird ...). You must be careful to take into account possible limitations of the providers since certain providers limit the number of emails sent each day (for example, Gmail has a limit of 500 emails a day for individuals and 2000 emails for organizations in 2019). This issue can be resolved by dividing the delivery of email invitations into several days or sending the email invitations from multiple accounts.
If you wish to send the respondents a larger number of invitations (three, four, etc.) or if the list of respondents includes several thousands of email addresses, then it is more likely that you will require the use of an email delivery system.
When using 1KA's email system, you must take the following provisions into account:
- The use of 1KA's system for email invitations is usually not necessary, especially if we wish to send a couple of hundred emails, as it is quicker and easier to send them from your own email account (Gmail, Yahoo, MS Outlook, Thunderbird,…);
- The system enables you to track the status of the respondent and sends reminders to those that have not yet participated in the survey;
- It is worth considering if the third and fourth reminders are necessary. It has been proven that the effect on the participation rate is minimal, and it only further complicates and prolongs the data collection phase;
- There is one important advantage of sending email invitations from your private email account. You can send an identical URL to all respondents, which is worth mentioning in the invitation. For example: “We will ensure the complete anonymity of your answers, as the survey URLs have not been individualized.” This contributes to greater participation since many respondents are bothered by the fact that they receive an individualized URL, which they know allows insight into their individual answers.
- What Kind of Customer Support Does 1KA Offer?
- Are There Any Templates Available (For Example, to Evaluate the Work of a Professor in the Classroom)?
- Where Does Free Help End?
- How Do I Clear My Browser’s Cookies?
- What About Underage Respondents?
- Can I Insert an Attachment in the Email Invitation?
- What Information Should I Include When I Publish a Report?
- Who Can Respond to My Survey?
- What Is the Limitation on the Number of Questions and Respondents?
- Why Is the CAPTCHA Image Not Displayed?
- How Do I Change or Update My Browser?
- Can Standard Words Be Altered?
- How Do I Quote / Cite the Use of 1KA in My Work?
- How Is the Tool Tested?
- How to Ensure Anonymity in an Online Employee Survey?
- Troubles Sending Email Invitation Using Gmail Email Server
- How Can I Track the Respondents?
- Can I Send an Email With an Invitation to My Survey to Anyone?
- Is It Possible to Change the Sender’s Email When Sending Email Invitations Through the 1KA System?
- How Do I Create a One-Click Log-in Confirmation in 1KA?
- Why Are E-invitations Redirected to Spam?
- Are Mobile Surveys Supported by 1KA?
- For How Long Is the Survey Saved and for How Long Is It Active?
- How Do I Prevent the Same Respondent From Participating in the Survey Multiple Times?
- How Safe Is It to Store Data on 1KA?
- Adding Respondents When Sending Email Invitations
- 1KA Registration and Login
- Use of Identification Codes for Respondents
- Recommendations for Minimizing Non-response
- Your First Survey
- Sending Invitations via 1KA SMTP E-mail System, via Gmail Server or Gmail User Account
- Embedding the Survey on a Website
- Sending Email Invitations
- Sending Emails via an Arbitrary Server (e.g. Gmail)
- Granting Access to Helpdesk
- Combining Lists of Email Invitations
- Settings for Respondent Access: Cookies and Passwords
- Setting a Custom URL for a Survey