Sending email invitations
The standard methods of conducting online surveys
Two email messages (i.e. invitations) sent to the entire list of respondents with no tracking are sufficient in the majority of cases:
- In the first email invite all potential respondents with an email invitation, such as for example: “I kindly invite you to participate in a survey…”;
- The second mail should be sent after two or three days, but no longer than a week after the first mail was sent. Once again you address the entire list of potential respondents (those who have already participated as well as those who have not yet participated) with a uniform statement, such as for example: “You were invited to participate in a survey recently … We thank all those who have participated. Those who have not yet had the chance to participate, we once again kindly ask you to take part in the survey.”.
The two messages are sent to the entire list of potential respondents using the standard method of email correspondence, by which you send the URL to the survey by using your preferred email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, MS Outlook, Thunderbird ...). You must be careful to take into account possible limitations of the providers, since certain providers limit the number of emails sent each day (for example, Gmail has a limit of 500 emails a day for individuals and 2000 emails for organizations in 2019). This issue can be resolved by dividing the delivery of email invitations into several days or sending the email invitations from multiple accounts.
If you wish to send the respondents a larger number of invitations (three, four, etc.) or if the list of respondents includes several thousands of email addresses, then it is more likely that you will require the use of an email delivery system.
When using 1KA's email system, you must take the following provisions into account:
- The use of 1KA's system for email invitations is usually not necessary, especially if we wish to send a couple of hundred emails, as it is quicker and easier to send them from your own email account (Gmail, Yahoo, MS Outlook, Thunderbird,…);
- The system enables you to track the status of the respondent and sends reminders to those that have not yet participated in the survey;
- It is worth considering if the third and fourth reminders are necessary. It has been proven that the effect on the participation rate is minimal, and it only further complicates and prolongs the data collection phase;
- There is one important advantage of sending the email invitations from your private email account. You can send an identical URL to all respondents, which is worth mentioning in the invitation. For example: “We will ensure the complete anonymity of your answers, as the survey URLs have not been individualized.” This contributes to greater participation since many respondents are bothered by the fact that they receive an individualized URL, which they know allows insight into their individual answers.
- Why are e-invitations redirected to spam?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- What information should I include when I publish a report?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- Can I send an email with an invitation to my survey to anyone?
- How can I track the respondents?
- How do I prevent the same respondent from participating in the survey multiple times?
- How to ensure anonymity in an online employee survey?
- Who can respond to my survey?
- Is it possible to change the sender's email when sending email invitations through the 1KA system?
- Can I insert an attachment in the email invitation?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- Troubles sending email invitation using Gmail email server
- How do I change or update my browser?
- What about underage respondents?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- Why is the CAPTCHA image not displayed?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- How do I create a one-click log-in confirmation in 1KA?
- Can standard words be altered?
- For how long is the survey saved and for how long is it active?
- How is the tool tested?
- Where does free help end?
- Are there any templates available (for example, to evaluate the work of a professor in the classroom)?
- How safe is it to store data on 1KA?
- Granting access to helpdesk
- Your first survey
- Recommendations for minimizing non-response
- 1KA registration and login
- Embedding the survey on a website
- Setting a custom URL for a survey
- Use of identification codes for respondents
- Combining lists of email invitations
- Adding respondents when sending email invitations
- Sending emails via an arbitrary server (e.g. gmail)
- Settings for respondent access: cookies and passwords
- Sending email invitations