GDPR and data collection
GDPR is the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which started to apply uniformly in all Member States on May 25, 2018. It is a set of regulations designed to protect the personal data of EU residents and enforce rules on data privacy. It also shows, how organizations collect, store and use personal information.
GDPR provides, inter alia, that the collection of personal data can only begin when the researcher (the author of the survey) receives a clearly expressed consent of the individual about the collection itself.
The individual (respondent) must also be clearly informed of which data will be collected and for what purpose. This information may not be used for any other purpose of which the respondent was not informed and made a clear consent. This means that the author of the survey can only use the acquired data for the purpose of the research and does not pass it on to any third parties. It should also not link the data with other information it holds.
The consent can be withdrawn at any time by the individual (respondent), thereby terminating the authorization to process the data. Respondent has the right to deletion (right to forget), changes and insights to the data. On the basis of this, he can ask the survey’s author to delete or change his personal or survey data and to provide him with an overview of the collected data.
- I signed up via FB and now I don't have my surveys
- My survey disappeared
- For how long is the survey saved and for how long is it active?
- Where does free help end?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- How safe is it to store data on 1KA?
- What about underage respondents?
- I am collecting personal data in the survey. What do I have to do?
- Does 1KA application allow offline surveys on a laptop PC or USB flash drive?
- Are there any templates available (for example, to evaluate the work of a professor in the classroom)?
- How is the tool tested?
- How many surveys have been created using 1KA and how many users does the application have?
- Can I request the removal of a survey?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- As the author of the survey, I received a request for deletion, alteration or access to data. What do I have to do?
- Can you help me design my survey?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- What information should I include when I publish a report?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- Why can't I log in?
- Can I change my existing email address to login to 1KA?
- What are the restrictions of collecting personal data in Slovenia?
- Who can access and edit my survey and data?
- Why don't I receive a confirmation e-mail after registration?
- Why is the CAPTCHA image not displayed?
- Why are the pages not displayed correctly and why is the content overlapping?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- Where can I change the language of the survey and 1KA application?
- How do I create a one-click log-in confirmation in 1KA?
- Granting access to helpdesk
- GDPR and data collection
- Principles of 1KA public library use
- Organizing surveys in folders
- Rights of respondents and responsibilities of survey editors within the GDPR
- Enabeling two-factor authentication in 1KA
- 1KA registration and login
- GDPR survey settings
- Your first survey
- Alert list