GDPR and data collection
GDPR is the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which started to apply uniformly in all Member States on May 25, 2018. It is a set of regulations designed to protect the personal data of EU residents and enforce rules on data privacy. It also shows, how organizations collect, store and use personal information.
GDPR provides, inter alia, that the collection of personal data can only begin when the researcher (the author of the survey) receives a clearly expressed consent of the individual about the collection itself.
The individual (respondent) must also be clearly informed of which data will be collected and for what purpose. This information may not be used for any other purpose of which the respondent was not informed and made a clear consent. This means that the author of the survey can only use the acquired data for the purpose of the research and does not pass it on to any third parties. It should also not link the data with other information it holds.
The consent can be withdrawn at any time by the individual (respondent), thereby terminating the authorization to process the data. Respondent has the right to deletion (right to forget), changes and insights to the data. On the basis of this, he can ask the survey’s author to delete or change his personal or survey data and to provide him with an overview of the collected data.
- Does 1KA application allow offline surveys on a laptop PC or USB flash drive?
- Why is the CAPTCHA image not displayed?
- Where can I change the language of the survey and 1KA application?
- Why are the pages not displayed correctly and why is the content overlapping?
- Are there any templates available (for example, to evaluate the work of a professor in the classroom)?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- For how long is the survey saved and for how long is it active?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- Why can't I log in?
- Can I change my existing email address to login to 1KA?
- How do I create a one-click log-in confirmation in 1KA?
- What about underage respondents?
- As the author of the survey, I received a request for deletion, alteration or access to data. What do I have to do?
- Who can access and edit my survey and data?
- What information should I include when I publish a report?
- I am collecting personal data in the survey. What do I have to do?
- Why don't I receive a confirmation e-mail after registration?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- Can I request the removal of a survey?
- I signed up via FB and now I don't have my surveys
- My survey disappeared
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- Where does free help end?
- What are the restrictions of collecting personal data in Slovenia?
- How safe is it to store data on 1KA?
- How is the tool tested?
- How many surveys have been created using 1KA and how many users does the application have?
- Can you help me design my survey?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- Enabeling two-factor authentication in 1KA
- Your first survey
- GDPR and data collection
- Principles of 1KA public library use
- Granting access to helpdesk
- 1KA registration and login
- Alert list
- Organizing surveys in folders
- Rights of respondents and responsibilities of survey editors within the GDPR
- GDPR survey settings