Export to SPSS
Data export to statistical program SPSS is available to 2KA and 3KA private package users and can be performed in two ways:
1) In the 'DATA' - 'Export' - 'SPSS SAV' tab click on the command "Export to SPSS (SAV)". An SPSS database will be generated automatically.
2) If you encounter any problems, use the export in SPSS via syntax, which is available in the 'DATA' - 'Export' - 'SPSS SYNTAX' tab. In this case, you should follow the five steps, described in this tab.
- Since 1KA does not use SPSS API, it is important to apply modifications to the syntax. There may be problems with some older versions of SPSS, which are clarified in the 'I am experiencing difficulties with exporting to SPSS' FAQ.
In case of any other issues (with complex surveys with loops, older versions of SPSS), we recommend you first export the data to Excel, and then import it into SPSS; however, with this option, you will need to set the variables manually.
As with other exports, the upper right-hand corner section allows you to filter the data according to variables, statuses, conditions, or time period. You can also enable the export of identifiers and paradata.
In the top right corner, there are also settings where you can further specify whether you want to export only system data, only data or data and metadata. When you select "Export only system data", only the system data of the respondent will be exported, without any other data. However, if you do not export the system data, you can export the individual paradata of the respondent.
- How Do I Delete the Answers of One or More Respondents From the Data Table?
- Why Is the Question Numbering Not in Consecutive Order?
- Are Mobile Surveys Supported by 1KA?
- Where Does Free Help End?
- How Do I Delete Data and Test Units After Testing?
- How to Properly Methodologically Set the Answers ‘Don’t Know’, ‘Invalid’, ‘None of the Above’ and ‘Refused’?
- Export to Excel: Why Is the Numeric Variable Exported as a ‘String’ or Text?
- How Safe Is It to Store Data on 1KA?
- What Do Negative Values in the Survey Data Mean and Where Can I Set Them?
- How Do I Clear My Browser’s Cookies?
- What Is the Difference Between Coding and Recoding?
- Can I Export Only a Certain Set of Variables (And Not All of Them)?
- I Am Not Sure if All Units Are Included in the Analysis
- Export to Excel: Why Does a Warning Window Always Pop up When I’m Exporting the File to Excel?
- Why Are Some of My Data Missing?
- Viewing Respondents’ Answers: How to View Them in Questionnaire Form (Instead of a Table)?
- Can I Restore Data I Accidentally Deleted?
- Why Can’t I Select ‘All Units’ When Overviewing Data?
- What Is the Limitation on the Number of Questions and Respondents?
- Can I Make Changes to a Survey After It Has Been Activated and Published?
- Is the Data Deleted From 1KA After I Export It?
- Is the Survey Saved if the Respondent Does Not Answer a Certain Question?
- How to Obtain Data on Individual Surveys From the Summary (Sums)?
- How Do I Change or Update My Browser?
- Can I Exclude Unfinished Questionnaires From Survey Data?
- What Is the Difference Between a Computed Value and a Computation?
- How Is the Tool Tested?
- I Am Experiencing Difficulties When Exporting My Data to SPSS Syntax
- Database Data Is Demolished, Values Are Not Correct or There Is No Data.
- How to Edit Answers Within the Data?
- How Do I Quote / Cite the Use of 1KA in My Work?
- How Can I Find a Specific Record in the Data (Respondents Answers)?
- How Can I Create a Quick List of Responses?
- Why Are the Repondent’s Answers Lost in Case of ‘Step by Step Mode’ With Question Type ‘Table’ if Respondent Moves to the Previous Page?
- What Kind of Customer Support Does 1KA Offer?
- Why Did Several Respondents From the Same IP Address Completed the Survey?
- What About Underage Respondents?
- Export to Excel: Why Are Answers Incomplete When I Export the Data to Excel?
- Granting Access to Helpdesk
- Export to Excel
- Your First Survey
- Survey Data, Paradata, Identifiers, and System Variables
- Recommendations for Minimizing Non-response
- Export to SPSS
- Merging Data
- Insight Into the Respondents’ Answers
- Manual Coding
- Public URL to View Data and Analysis
- 1KA Registration and Login
- Settings for Exporting PDF/RTF Files With Responses
- Data Updates (File vs. Database)
- Export to Text File
- Automatic Coding
- Adding Data (Append)
- Computed Values
- Measurement and Time Limitations for Responses
- Status of Units, Relevance, Validity and Missing Values