The 1KA survey tool enables creating of a notification list/alert list.
Notification list is a form in which respondents enter their personal data in order to be informed about the current news.
The alert list can be created in two manners:
1. Copying from the library
In the 'My surveys' directory click on the 'Library' tab. Inside the 'Library' under the 'Public survey' section open the '1KA example questionnaires' and then open 'Form templates and voting' and copy the 'Email list – form' survey in your questionnaire.
A new survey with two questions will appear in your questionnaire editor. Question text can be modified according to your needs.
2. Creating a form
In 'My surveys' click on the 'Create Survey' and new window where you can enter the internal survey name will appear. From the following types of survey choose 'Form'.
You can add any other questions to the 'Questionnaire'. If you want to use them in communicating, you must mark that question as a system variable in the 'Advanced' tab of the question editor.
*In case you want to send respondents the notification of successful signing up, it is recommended to select 'Respondent' in the 'Edit – Settings' tab under the 'Notifications – Completed survey' category. This way the E-mail variable of the respondent will be added to the questionnaire.
For both methods of creating alert lists there are some specific options that will appear on the right side:
- Inside the 'Quick alert list settings' you can set who will get a notice when someone subscribes to an alert list, you can specify the author of the survey and add the recipients as well as the respondents. If you click on the 'Advanced Settings' the page will direct you to the 'Settings' - 'Notification' - 'Completed survey'. Additional information are available in the Notifications manual;
- When sending only one notification use of 'Quick e-mail invitation settings' is recommended, however in this manner tracking answers, editing and re-sending the notification is not possible.
When you have finished with editing it is important to activate and publish the form. You can embed the form into a webpage or simply share the URL with others.
Sending alert list
The easiest way to send notifications to the list recipients is with your default email program (e.g. Gmail, Outlook, Thunderbird, ...). If you do this via the 'Publish' tab - 'Invitations', the survey URL is automatically copied to the message window in your default email program. In this case it should be noted that in this case, it is not possible to track the answers and to send them again. Sending a large number of email invitations, tracking, sending reminders for non-respondents and editing is possible for users who have the 2KA or 3KA package.
- My survey disappeared
- Where does free help end?
- Why can't I log in?
- Are there any templates available (for example, to evaluate the work of a professor in the classroom)?
- Can I change my existing email address to login to 1KA?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- Why is the CAPTCHA image not displayed?
- For how long is the survey saved and for how long is it active?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- Why are the pages not displayed correctly and why is the content overlapping?
- Who can access and edit my survey and data?
- How many surveys have been created using 1KA and how many users does the application have?
- Why don't I receive a confirmation e-mail after registration?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- What are the restrictions of collecting personal data in Slovenia?
- Does 1KA application allow offline surveys on a laptop PC or USB flash drive?
- How safe is it to store data on 1KA?
- What about underage respondents?
- As the author of the survey, I received a request for deletion, alteration or access to data. What do I have to do?
- Where can I change the language of the survey and 1KA application?
- I am collecting personal data in the survey. What do I have to do?
- How do I create a one-click log-in confirmation in 1KA?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- Can I request the removal of a survey?
- What information should I include when I publish a report?
- Can you help me design my survey?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- I signed up via FB and now I don't have my surveys
- How is the tool tested?
- Rights of respondents and responsibilities of survey editors within the GDPR
- GDPR and data collection
- Alert list
- Organizing surveys in folders
- Granting access to helpdesk
- Your first survey
- Principles of 1KA public library use
- GDPR survey settings
- Enabeling two-factor authentication in 1KA
- 1KA registration and login