Advanced questionnaire editing settings
In the tab 'EDIT' - 'Questionnaire' 'Advanced editing settings' are available by clicking on the settings icon (wheel-shaped icon) above question types.
1. Display collapsed view
In the collapsed view only questions without answers are shown which in turn enhances transparency. Transparency is especially useful when questionnaires are complex and long. Use of collapsed view is recommended for questionnaires with 30 or more questions. It is possible to switch between collapsed and extended view at any time.
In case of using questions structured in blocks or using conditions, under 'Display collapsed/ extended view' options 'Open all' and 'Close all' are shown. These options can be used to close or open blocks of questions with only one click.
2. Find and replace
Using this function words that are used multiple times in a questionnaire can be easily replaced. In the first input field write the word phase you want to replace and write the word or phrase you want to replace it with into the second input field.
For searching words in questionnaire use function CTRL + F.
3. Add page break between all of the questions
If you want respondents to see each question on its own page, you can add page break between all of the questions with only one click.
4. Check the correctness of the conditions
As a helper with elimination of potential mistakes, option 'Check the correctness of the conditions' is available. This function is very useful if you use conditions and loops in the survey. By clicking on bug shaped icon application will report if your survey contains any mistakes by opening pop-up window. Application will also show you where the location of mistake is.
The application will also alert you to errors without your verification of the correctness of the conditions when trying to activate a survey containing errors in conditions. More on this in FAQ >>
Numbering of questions is usually automatically generated sequentially (Q1, Q2, Q3…), but by moving or erasing questions order can be broken. By clicking on the button enumerate correct order of question can be established again. This function does not include variables that have already had their names changed. More on this in FAQ >>
- When is it advisable to use the question comments function?
- How do I detect logical and technical errors in the questionnaire?
- How to properly methodologically set the answers 'Don’t know', 'Invalid', 'None of the above' and 'Refused'?
- Can I create a table in which a respondent can choose the most and the least important answer (Max-Diff table)?
- How can I set the cell alignment in the table?
- For how long is the survey saved and for how long is it active?
- Can standard words be altered?
- How do I customize the format of the survey to be in line with our organization?
- How can I use missing values in conditions?
- How can I add another survey administrator?
- Can I add a new question after the survey is already active?
- Is it possible to make a copy of an old survey so that new respondents can answer it?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- What about underage respondents?
- How long should my survey be?
- Is it possible to create several different versions of a questionnaire, with each version randomly assigned to a respondent?
- How do I separate different sections of the questionnaire with a title or introductory question
- How to set that a chosen website is opened to a respondent after completing survey?
- Where can I change the language of the survey and 1KA application?
- How do I create a one-click log-in confirmation in 1KA?
- Can I change my existing email address to login to 1KA?
- Why is the CAPTCHA image not displayed?
- Why is the question numbering not in consecutive order?
- When exporting the questionnaire in MS Word the structure of the questionnaire changes
- How do I change or update my browser?
- Can respondents save or print their answers?
- Who can respond to my survey?
- Can I make changes to a survey after it has been activated and published?
- Which design is the most suitable for mobile devices and tablets?
- My survey disappeared
- How to set default values for respondents?
- Can I alter the design of an individual survey?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- Can I change the name of the variable with predefined demographic variables?
- Where does free help end?
- Why is it not advisable to copy text?
- How do I prevent the same respondent from participating in the survey multiple times?
- Why are the repondent's answers lost in case of 'step by step mode' with question type 'table' if respondent moves to the previous page?
- Can I set a quota for a particular question or questionnaire (restrictions on the number of respondents)?
- Why is a new question always placed at the bottom of the questionnaire and why do I have to move it up manually?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- Can I display answers in form of a selection list?
- How do I enable spell checking?
- How do I change the question type?
- How is the tool tested?
- How can I personalize my survey with a custom logo?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- Can I set the respondent to edit his answers?
- How can the respondents continue with the survey at a later date?
- How do I change the font size in questions and answers?
- The questionnaire does not close (when clicking the END button) after survey completion
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- How do I set that respondents skip certain questions that are inappropriate for them (conditions)?
- Granting access to helpdesk
- Key features that an advanced user should know
- Import text - copying text to 1KA
- Survey preview
- Classifying or ranking
- Additional settings for the introduction and conclusion
- Using the IP address and cookies to control duplicate entries
- System variables in conditions
- Registration form
- The double grid table
- Survey duration based on date or the number of responses
- Step by step mode with table question type
- Standard demographics
- Disabling the question for respondents
- 'Heatmap' Question
- Tabs in the questionnaire
- Organizing surveys in folders
- Semantic differential
- Mobile survey adjustments
- Adding editorial access on 1ka.arnes.si
- Drill-down: sequential filtering of questions
- Set up of drag and drop question type
- Editing options in the question taskbar
- Data display (settings)
- 1KA registration and login
- Labelling a question as mandatory
- The use of conditions
- Advanced questionnaire editing settings
- Recommendations for minimizing non-response
- Uploading a file
- Settings for respondent access: cookies and passwords
- Creating respondent groups
- Inserting images into your questionnaire
- Changing the size of radio and checkbox buttons
- GDPR survey settings
- Default answer labels
- Setting up a static first page (introduction)
- Image Hotspot question type
- Visual Analogue Scale
- Recommendations for online surveys on a mobile phone
- Electronic signature
- 'Take a picture' question type
- Placing answers on stripe
- Image type of question layout
- Transfering values from the answer of one question into the text of another question ( data piping)
- Including a video or flash player in your survey
- E-mail (type of question)
- Use of editor when editing questions
- Satisficing in the survey
- Creating sub-samples: half of the respondents gets one question, while the other half a different question
- Option to hide radio and checkbox buttons next to categories
- Measurement and time limitations for responses
- Insert numerical answers with slider
- Text (type of question)
- Hiding answers in already active survey
- Your first survey
- 1KA settings for email notifications for completed surveys and insight into the respondent's answers
- Advanced adding of images as an answer
- Accessibility of surveys for people with special needs
- Adding a new language for the standard words
- Different ways to display a question for the date
- Survey settings
- Structuring questions into blocks
- Recommendations for questionnaire creation
- Combined table
- Edit response's values
- Display the list of open answers in the survey
- How to repeat the tittle bar in a table
- Export (Survey archive)
- Settings for exporting PDF/RTF files with responses
- Verification of user’s attention with the use of a “trap” question
- Usage of 'location' question type