Advanced questionnaire editing settings
In the tab 'EDIT' - 'Questionnaire' 'Advanced editing settings' are available by clicking on the settings icon (wheel-shaped icon) above question types.
1. Display collapsed view
In the collapsed view only questions without answers are shown which in turn enhances transparency. Transparency is especially useful when questionnaires are complex and long. Use of collapsed view is recommended for questionnaires with 30 or more questions. It is possible to switch between collapsed and extended view at any time.
In case of using questions structured in blocks or using conditions, under 'Display collapsed/ extended view' options 'Open all' and 'Close all' are shown. These options can be used to close or open blocks of questions with only one click.
2. Find and replace
Using this function words that are used multiple times in a questionnaire can be easily replaced. In the first input field write the word phase you want to replace and write the word or phrase you want to replace it with into the second input field.
For searching words in questionnaire use function CTRL + F.
3. Add page break between all of the questions
If you want respondents to see each question on its own page, you can add page break between all of the questions with only one click.
4. Check the correctness of the conditions
As a helper with elimination of potential mistakes, option 'Check the correctness of the conditions' is available. This function is very useful if you use conditions and loops in the survey. By clicking on bug shaped icon application will report if your survey contains any mistakes by opening pop-up window. Application will also show you where the location of mistake is.
The application will also alert you to errors without your verification of the correctness of the conditions when trying to activate a survey containing errors in conditions. More on this in FAQ >>
Numbering of questions is usually automatically generated sequentially (Q1, Q2, Q3…), but by moving or erasing questions order can be broken. By clicking on the button enumerate correct order of question can be established again. This function does not include variables that have already had their names changed. More on this in FAQ >>
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- Can I alter the design of an individual survey?
- Can I change the name of the variable with predefined demographic variables?
- How to properly methodologically set the answers 'Don’t know', 'Invalid', 'None of the above' and 'Refused'?
- How do I enable spell checking?
- How do I detect logical and technical errors in the questionnaire?
- Can I add a new question after the survey is already active?
- What about underage respondents?
- Can I set a quota for a particular question or questionnaire (restrictions on the number of respondents)?
- Who can respond to my survey?
- How long should my survey be?
- How can I add another survey administrator?
- How to set default values for respondents?
- How can I use missing values in conditions?
- For how long is the survey saved and for how long is it active?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- The questionnaire does not close (when clicking the END button) after survey completion
- How do I prevent the same respondent from participating in the survey multiple times?
- When is it advisable to use the question comments function?
- Where does free help end?
- How do I change the font size in questions and answers?
- How do I set that respondents skip certain questions that are inappropriate for them (conditions)?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- How do I separate different sections of the questionnaire with a title or introductory question
- Is it possible to create several different versions of a questionnaire, with each version randomly assigned to a respondent?
- Why is a new question always placed at the bottom of the questionnaire and why do I have to move it up manually?
- How do I create a one-click log-in confirmation in 1KA?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- How do I change the question type?
- Can I create a table in which a respondent can choose the most and the least important answer (Max-Diff table)?
- How do I customize the format of the survey to be in line with our organization?
- Why is the question numbering not in consecutive order?
- Which design is the most suitable for mobile devices and tablets?
- Is it possible to make a copy of an old survey so that new respondents can answer it?
- Can I display answers in form of a selection list?
- Can I make changes to a survey after it has been activated and published?
- How can I set the cell alignment in the table?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- How can I personalize my survey with a custom logo?
- Why are the repondent's answers lost in case of 'step by step mode' with question type 'table' if respondent moves to the previous page?
- My survey disappeared
- Where can I change the language of the survey and 1KA application?
- Can standard words be altered?
- Can respondents save or print their answers?
- How to set that a chosen website is opened to a respondent after completing survey?
- Why is the CAPTCHA image not displayed?
- Can I change my existing email address to login to 1KA?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- How can the respondents continue with the survey at a later date?
- When exporting the questionnaire in MS Word the structure of the questionnaire changes
- Why is it not advisable to copy text?
- How is the tool tested?
- Can I set the respondent to edit his answers?
- Disabling the question for respondents
- GDPR survey settings
- Image Hotspot question type
- Default answer labels
- Creating sub-samples: half of the respondents gets one question, while the other half a different question
- Insert numerical answers with slider
- Combined table
- Including a video or flash player in your survey
- Drill-down: sequential filtering of questions
- Visual Analogue Scale
- Structuring questions into blocks
- Editing options in the question taskbar
- Display the list of open answers in the survey
- Option to hide radio and checkbox buttons next to categories
- Using the IP address and cookies to control duplicate entries
- Hiding answers in already active survey
- Verification of user’s attention with the use of a “trap” question
- 'Heatmap' Question
- Survey settings
- Advanced questionnaire editing settings
- System variables in conditions
- E-mail (type of question)
- Recommendations for minimizing non-response
- Satisficing in the survey
- Organizing surveys in folders
- 1KA settings for email notifications for completed surveys and insight into the respondent's answers
- 1KA registration and login
- Advanced adding of images as an answer
- Tabs in the questionnaire
- Accessibility of surveys for people with special needs
- Electronic signature
- Survey duration based on date or the number of responses
- Your first survey
- Settings for respondent access: cookies and passwords
- Export (Survey archive)
- Placing answers on stripe
- Adding a new language for the standard words
- The double grid table
- Measurement and time limitations for responses
- Usage of 'location' question type
- Import text - copying text to 1KA
- Different ways to display a question for the date
- Image type of question layout
- Inserting images into your questionnaire
- Recommendations for questionnaire creation
- Settings for exporting PDF/RTF files with responses
- Granting access to helpdesk
- Classifying or ranking
- Additional settings for the introduction and conclusion
- How to repeat the tittle bar in a table
- Data display (settings)
- Setting up a static first page (introduction)
- Key features that an advanced user should know
- Edit response's values
- 'Take a picture' question type
- The use of conditions
- Standard demographics
- Survey preview
- Semantic differential
- Set up of drag and drop question type
- Labelling a question as mandatory
- Step by step mode with table question type
- Mobile survey adjustments
- Recommendations for online surveys on a mobile phone
- Uploading a file
- Use of editor when editing questions
- Changing the size of radio and checkbox buttons
- Registration form
- Transfering values from the answer of one question into the text of another question ( data piping)
- Text (type of question)
- Adding editorial access on 1ka.arnes.si
- Creating respondent groups