Advanced questionnaire editing settings
In the tab 'EDIT' - 'Questionnaire' 'Advanced editing settings' are available by clicking on the settings icon (wheel-shaped icon) above question types.
1. Display collapsed view
In the collapsed view only questions without answers are shown which in turn enhances transparency. Transparency is especially useful when questionnaires are complex and long. Use of collapsed view is recommended for questionnaires with 30 or more questions. It is possible to switch between collapsed and extended view at any time.
In case of using questions structured in blocks or using conditions, under 'Display collapsed/ extended view' options 'Open all' and 'Close all' are shown. These options can be used to close or open blocks of questions with only one click.
2. Find and replace
Using this function words that are used multiple times in a questionnaire can be easily replaced. In the first input field write the word phase you want to replace and write the word or phrase you want to replace it with into the second input field.
For searching words in questionnaire use function CTRL + F.
3. Add page break between all of the questions
If you want respondents to see each question on its own page, you can add page break between all of the questions with only one click.
4. Check the correctness of the conditions
As a helper with elimination of potential mistakes, option 'Check the correctness of the conditions' is available. This function is very useful if you use conditions and loops in the survey. By clicking on bug shaped icon application will report if your survey contains any mistakes by opening pop-up window. Application will also show you where the location of mistake is.
The application will also alert you to errors without your verification of the correctness of the conditions when trying to activate a survey containing errors in conditions. More on this in FAQ >>
Numbering of questions is usually automatically generated sequentially (Q1, Q2, Q3…), but by moving or erasing questions order can be broken. By clicking on the button enumerate correct order of question can be established again. This function does not include variables that have already had their names changed. More on this in FAQ >>
- Which design is the most suitable for mobile devices and tablets?
- Can I change my existing email address to login to 1KA?
- Is it possible to make a copy of an old survey so that new respondents can answer it?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- How do I customize the format of the survey to be in line with our organization?
- My survey disappeared
- How to set default values for respondents?
- How can I add another survey administrator?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- Is it possible to create several different versions of a questionnaire, with each version randomly assigned to a respondent?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- How can I personalize my survey with a custom logo?
- How do I enable spell checking?
- How can I use missing values in conditions?
- How long should my survey be?
- How to properly methodologically set the answers 'Don’t know', 'Invalid', 'None of the above' and 'Refused'?
- Can I set a quota for a particular question or questionnaire (restrictions on the number of respondents)?
- Why is the question numbering not in consecutive order?
- Can I change the name of the variable with predefined demographic variables?
- Can standard words be altered?
- Can respondents save or print their answers?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- Can I set the respondent to edit his answers?
- Can I display answers in form of a selection list?
- How do I set that respondents skip certain questions that are inappropriate for them (conditions)?
- Where does free help end?
- When is it advisable to use the question comments function?
- Why is it not advisable to copy text?
- The questionnaire does not close (when clicking the END button) after survey completion
- Can I alter the design of an individual survey?
- How do I separate different sections of the questionnaire with a title or introductory question
- How do I change the question type?
- How can I set the cell alignment in the table?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- How is the tool tested?
- How to set that a chosen website is opened to a respondent after completing survey?
- For how long is the survey saved and for how long is it active?
- Where can I change the language of the survey and 1KA application?
- How can the respondents continue with the survey at a later date?
- How do I prevent the same respondent from participating in the survey multiple times?
- Why is the CAPTCHA image not displayed?
- How do I change the font size in questions and answers?
- Can I make changes to a survey after it has been activated and published?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- How do I create a one-click log-in confirmation in 1KA?
- Can I add a new question after the survey is already active?
- Can I create a table in which a respondent can choose the most and the least important answer (Max-Diff table)?
- Who can respond to my survey?
- Why is a new question always placed at the bottom of the questionnaire and why do I have to move it up manually?
- What about underage respondents?
- How do I detect logical and technical errors in the questionnaire?
- Why are the repondent's answers lost in case of 'step by step mode' with question type 'table' if respondent moves to the previous page?
- When exporting the questionnaire in MS Word the structure of the questionnaire changes
- Combined table
- Additional settings for the introduction and conclusion
- Registration form
- Satisficing in the survey
- Key features that an advanced user should know
- Labelling a question as mandatory
- Creating sub-samples: half of the respondents gets one question, while the other half a different question
- Advanced questionnaire editing settings
- Display the list of open answers in the survey
- Settings for respondent access: cookies and passwords
- Default answer labels
- Verification of user’s attention with the use of a “trap” question
- Import text - copying text to 1KA
- Creating respondent groups
- How to repeat the tittle bar in a table
- Including a video or flash player in your survey
- Using the IP address and cookies to control duplicate entries
- Setting up a static first page (introduction)
- Transfering values from the answer of one question into the text of another question ( data piping)
- Text (type of question)
- Option to hide radio and checkbox buttons next to categories
- Semantic differential
- Different ways to display a question for the date
- Your first survey
- Disabling the question for respondents
- Tabs in the questionnaire
- Organizing surveys in folders
- Accessibility of surveys for people with special needs
- Settings for exporting PDF/RTF files with responses
- Hiding answers in already active survey
- 1KA settings for email notifications for completed surveys and insight into the respondent's answers
- Standard demographics
- Classifying or ranking
- Granting access to helpdesk
- Recommendations for minimizing non-response
- System variables in conditions
- Mobile survey adjustments
- Visual Analogue Scale
- Recommendations for online surveys on a mobile phone
- Adding editorial access on 1ka.arnes.si
- Survey duration based on date or the number of responses
- GDPR survey settings
- The double grid table
- Export (Survey archive)
- Changing the size of radio and checkbox buttons
- Set up of drag and drop question type
- Inserting images into your questionnaire
- Step by step mode with table question type
- Drill-down: sequential filtering of questions
- Structuring questions into blocks
- Electronic signature
- Usage of 'location' question type
- 'Heatmap' Question
- The use of conditions
- Survey preview
- 'Take a picture' question type
- Editing options in the question taskbar
- Image Hotspot question type
- Data display (settings)
- 1KA registration and login
- Use of editor when editing questions
- Survey settings
- Advanced adding of images as an answer
- E-mail (type of question)
- Image type of question layout
- Insert numerical answers with slider
- Recommendations for questionnaire creation
- Uploading a file
- Placing answers on stripe
- Measurement and time limitations for responses
- Edit response's values
- Adding a new language for the standard words