Advanced questionnaire editing settings
In the tab 'EDIT' - 'Questionnaire' 'Advanced editing settings' are available by clicking on the settings icon (wheel-shaped icon) above question types.
1. Display collapsed view
In the collapsed view only questions without answers are shown which in turn enhances transparency. Transparency is especially useful when questionnaires are complex and long. Use of collapsed view is recommended for questionnaires with 30 or more questions. It is possible to switch between collapsed and extended view at any time.
In case of using questions structured in blocks or using conditions, under 'Display collapsed/ extended view' options 'Open all' and 'Close all' are shown. These options can be used to close or open blocks of questions with only one click.
2. Find and replace
Using this function words that are used multiple times in a questionnaire can be easily replaced. In the first input field write the word phase you want to replace and write the word or phrase you want to replace it with into the second input field.
For searching words in questionnaire use function CTRL + F.
3. Add page break between all of the questions
If you want respondents to see each question on its own page, you can add page break between all of the questions with only one click.
4. Check the correctness of the conditions
As a helper with elimination of potential mistakes, option 'Check the correctness of the conditions' is available. This function is very useful if you use conditions and loops in the survey. By clicking on bug shaped icon application will report if your survey contains any mistakes by opening pop-up window. Application will also show you where the location of mistake is.
The application will also alert you to errors without your verification of the correctness of the conditions when trying to activate a survey containing errors in conditions. More on this in FAQ >>
Numbering of questions is usually automatically generated sequentially (Q1, Q2, Q3…), but by moving or erasing questions order can be broken. By clicking on the button enumerate correct order of question can be established again. This function does not include variables that have already had their names changed. More on this in FAQ >>
- Can I alter the design of an individual survey?
- How do I customize the format of the survey to be in line with our organization?
- How do I create a one-click log-in confirmation in 1KA?
- Is it possible to make a copy of an old survey so that new respondents can answer it?
- How do I change the question type?
- How do I enable spell checking?
- Why is the CAPTCHA image not displayed?
- Why is it not advisable to copy text?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- Can I display answers in form of a selection list?
- How do I separate different sections of the questionnaire with a title or introductory question
- Can I change the name of the variable with predefined demographic variables?
- Who can respond to my survey?
- Can I make changes to a survey after it has been activated and published?
- How to set default values for respondents?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- Can I add a new question after the survey is already active?
- How long should my survey be?
- When exporting the questionnaire in MS Word the structure of the questionnaire changes
- The questionnaire does not close (when clicking the END button) after survey completion
- Why are the repondent's answers lost in case of 'step by step mode' with question type 'table' if respondent moves to the previous page?
- Why is a new question always placed at the bottom of the questionnaire and why do I have to move it up manually?
- Why is the question numbering not in consecutive order?
- For how long is the survey saved and for how long is it active?
- How do I prevent the same respondent from participating in the survey multiple times?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- Can I set the respondent to edit his answers?
- How can I use missing values in conditions?
- Where does free help end?
- How can the respondents continue with the survey at a later date?
- Can I create a table in which a respondent can choose the most and the least important answer (Max-Diff table)?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- Which design is the most suitable for mobile devices and tablets?
- Can I change my existing email address to login to 1KA?
- Can I set a quota for a particular question or questionnaire (restrictions on the number of respondents)?
- Where can I change the language of the survey and 1KA application?
- How can I set the cell alignment in the table?
- How to set that a chosen website is opened to a respondent after completing survey?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- How can I personalize my survey with a custom logo?
- What about underage respondents?
- Can standard words be altered?
- How do I set that respondents skip certain questions that are inappropriate for them (conditions)?
- How do I detect logical and technical errors in the questionnaire?
- My survey disappeared
- How do I change the font size in questions and answers?
- Can respondents save or print their answers?
- When is it advisable to use the question comments function?
- How to properly methodologically set the answers 'Don’t know', 'Invalid', 'None of the above' and 'Refused'?
- How is the tool tested?
- Is it possible to create several different versions of a questionnaire, with each version randomly assigned to a respondent?
- How can I add another survey administrator?
- Disabling the question for respondents
- Mobile survey adjustments
- Survey preview
- Insert numerical answers with slider
- Advanced adding of images as an answer
- Recommendations for minimizing non-response
- Settings for respondent access: cookies and passwords
- Including a video or flash player in your survey
- Settings for exporting PDF/RTF files with responses
- Placing answers on stripe
- Organizing surveys in folders
- 'Take a picture' question type
- Satisficing in the survey
- The double grid table
- Semantic differential
- GDPR survey settings
- Use of editor when editing questions
- Recommendations for questionnaire creation
- Creating sub-samples: half of the respondents gets one question, while the other half a different question
- Edit response's values
- Transfering values from the answer of one question into the text of another question ( data piping)
- 'Heatmap' Question
- Additional settings for the introduction and conclusion
- Advanced questionnaire editing settings
- Combined table
- Labelling a question as mandatory
- Uploading a file
- Structuring questions into blocks
- Granting access to helpdesk
- Export (Survey archive)
- 1KA settings for email notifications for completed surveys and insight into the respondent's answers
- Verification of user’s attention with the use of a “trap” question
- Step by step mode with table question type
- Option to hide radio and checkbox buttons next to categories
- Image type of question layout
- Accessibility of surveys for people with special needs
- Display the list of open answers in the survey
- Set up of drag and drop question type
- Adding a new language for the standard words
- Survey settings
- Key features that an advanced user should know
- How to repeat the tittle bar in a table
- Setting up a static first page (introduction)
- Image Hotspot question type
- Text (type of question)
- Electronic signature
- Inserting images into your questionnaire
- Recommendations for online surveys on a mobile phone
- Your first survey
- 1KA registration and login
- Visual Analogue Scale
- Using the IP address and cookies to control duplicate entries
- Hiding answers in already active survey
- Creating respondent groups
- Survey duration based on date or the number of responses
- Registration form
- Editing options in the question taskbar
- Measurement and time limitations for responses
- Adding editorial access on 1ka.arnes.si
- Classifying or ranking
- Drill-down: sequential filtering of questions
- Different ways to display a question for the date
- System variables in conditions
- E-mail (type of question)
- Import text - copying text to 1KA
- Default answer labels
- Data display (settings)
- The use of conditions
- Standard demographics
- Tabs in the questionnaire
- Usage of 'location' question type
- Changing the size of radio and checkbox buttons