Advanced questionnaire editing settings
In the tab 'EDIT' - 'Questionnaire' 'Advanced editing settings' are available by clicking on the settings icon (wheel-shaped icon) above question types.
1. Display collapsed view
In the collapsed view only questions without answers are shown which in turn enhances transparency. Transparency is especially useful when questionnaires are complex and long. Use of collapsed view is recommended for questionnaires with 30 or more questions. It is possible to switch between collapsed and extended view at any time.
In case of using questions structured in blocks or using conditions, under 'Display collapsed/ extended view' options 'Open all' and 'Close all' are shown. These options can be used to close or open blocks of questions with only one click.
2. Find and replace
Using this function words that are used multiple times in a questionnaire can be easily replaced. In the first input field write the word phase you want to replace and write the word or phrase you want to replace it with into the second input field.
For searching words in questionnaire use function CTRL + F.
3. Add page break between all of the questions
If you want respondents to see each question on its own page, you can add page break between all of the questions with only one click.
4. Check the correctness of the conditions
As a helper with elimination of potential mistakes, option 'Check the correctness of the conditions' is available. This function is very useful if you use conditions and loops in the survey. By clicking on bug shaped icon application will report if your survey contains any mistakes by opening pop-up window. Application will also show you where the location of mistake is.
The application will also alert you to errors without your verification of the correctness of the conditions when trying to activate a survey containing errors in conditions. More on this in FAQ >>
Numbering of questions is usually automatically generated sequentially (Q1, Q2, Q3…), but by moving or erasing questions order can be broken. By clicking on the button enumerate correct order of question can be established again. This function does not include variables that have already had their names changed. More on this in FAQ >>
- How can I personalize my survey with a custom logo?
- How do I create a one-click log-in confirmation in 1KA?
- When exporting the questionnaire in MS Word the structure of the questionnaire changes
- Can I make changes to a survey after it has been activated and published?
- How do I separate different sections of the questionnaire with a title or introductory question
- How can the respondents continue with the survey at a later date?
- Where does free help end?
- How do I change the font size in questions and answers?
- My survey disappeared
- Can I create a table in which a respondent can choose the most and the least important answer (Max-Diff table)?
- Is it possible to create several different versions of a questionnaire, with each version randomly assigned to a respondent?
- How long should my survey be?
- Can I change the name of the variable with predefined demographic variables?
- How do I prevent the same respondent from participating in the survey multiple times?
- Is it possible to make a copy of an old survey so that new respondents can answer it?
- Why are the repondent's answers lost in case of 'step by step mode' with question type 'table' if respondent moves to the previous page?
- Can I set the respondent to edit his answers?
- Where can I change the language of the survey and 1KA application?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- How can I add another survey administrator?
- Can I alter the design of an individual survey?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- How do I enable spell checking?
- Can I add a new question after the survey is already active?
- How can I use missing values in conditions?
- Can respondents save or print their answers?
- Can I display answers in form of a selection list?
- Why is the CAPTCHA image not displayed?
- Why is a new question always placed at the bottom of the questionnaire and why do I have to move it up manually?
- How do I detect logical and technical errors in the questionnaire?
- How can I set the cell alignment in the table?
- Can I change my existing email address to login to 1KA?
- Why is it not advisable to copy text?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- For how long is the survey saved and for how long is it active?
- How do I set that respondents skip certain questions that are inappropriate for them (conditions)?
- Why is the question numbering not in consecutive order?
- How do I customize the format of the survey to be in line with our organization?
- Who can respond to my survey?
- What about underage respondents?
- The questionnaire does not close (when clicking the END button) after survey completion
- Can I set a quota for a particular question or questionnaire (restrictions on the number of respondents)?
- How to set default values for respondents?
- How to properly methodologically set the answers 'Don’t know', 'Invalid', 'None of the above' and 'Refused'?
- How to set that a chosen website is opened to a respondent after completing survey?
- Which design is the most suitable for mobile devices and tablets?
- When is it advisable to use the question comments function?
- Can standard words be altered?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- How is the tool tested?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- How do I change the question type?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- Tabs in the questionnaire
- Electronic signature
- 1KA registration and login
- Classifying or ranking
- Adding editorial access on 1ka.arnes.si
- Usage of 'location' question type
- Export (Survey archive)
- Registration form
- Recommendations for online surveys on a mobile phone
- Display the list of open answers in the survey
- Setting up a static first page (introduction)
- Standard demographics
- How to repeat the tittle bar in a table
- Structuring questions into blocks
- Including a video or flash player in your survey
- Uploading a file
- Hiding answers in already active survey
- Creating sub-samples: half of the respondents gets one question, while the other half a different question
- Transfering values from the answer of one question into the text of another question ( data piping)
- GDPR survey settings
- 1KA settings for email notifications for completed surveys and insight into the respondent's answers
- Creating respondent groups
- Semantic differential
- Additional settings for the introduction and conclusion
- Adding a new language for the standard words
- The use of conditions
- Text (type of question)
- Image type of question layout
- Using the IP address and cookies to control duplicate entries
- Changing the size of radio and checkbox buttons
- Organizing surveys in folders
- Set up of drag and drop question type
- Disabling the question for respondents
- Recommendations for questionnaire creation
- Image Hotspot question type
- Granting access to helpdesk
- Advanced questionnaire editing settings
- Combined table
- Use of editor when editing questions
- Mobile survey adjustments
- Advanced adding of images as an answer
- Default answer labels
- E-mail (type of question)
- Survey duration based on date or the number of responses
- Import text - copying text to 1KA
- 'Heatmap' Question
- The double grid table
- Inserting images into your questionnaire
- Visual Analogue Scale
- Editing options in the question taskbar
- Key features that an advanced user should know
- Data display (settings)
- Drill-down: sequential filtering of questions
- Settings for exporting PDF/RTF files with responses
- Accessibility of surveys for people with special needs
- Insert numerical answers with slider
- 'Take a picture' question type
- Verification of user’s attention with the use of a “trap” question
- Placing answers on stripe
- Your first survey
- System variables in conditions
- Step by step mode with table question type
- Option to hide radio and checkbox buttons next to categories
- Survey preview
- Edit response's values
- Survey settings
- Settings for respondent access: cookies and passwords
- Measurement and time limitations for responses
- Different ways to display a question for the date
- Labelling a question as mandatory
- Satisficing in the survey
- Recommendations for minimizing non-response