Advanced questionnaire editing settings
In the tab 'EDIT' - 'Questionnaire' 'Advanced editing settings' are available by clicking on the settings icon (wheel-shaped icon) above question types.
1. Display collapsed view
In the collapsed view only questions without answers are shown which in turn enhances transparency. Transparency is especially useful when questionnaires are complex and long. Use of collapsed view is recommended for questionnaires with 30 or more questions. It is possible to switch between collapsed and extended view at any time.
In case of using questions structured in blocks or using conditions, under 'Display collapsed/ extended view' options 'Open all' and 'Close all' are shown. These options can be used to close or open blocks of questions with only one click.
2. Find and replace
Using this function words that are used multiple times in a questionnaire can be easily replaced. In the first input field write the word phase you want to replace and write the word or phrase you want to replace it with into the second input field.
For searching words in questionnaire use function CTRL + F.
3. Add page break between all of the questions
If you want respondents to see each question on its own page, you can add page break between all of the questions with only one click.
4. Check the correctness of the conditions
As a helper with elimination of potential mistakes, option 'Check the correctness of the conditions' is available. This function is very useful if you use conditions and loops in the survey. By clicking on bug shaped icon application will report if your survey contains any mistakes by opening pop-up window. Application will also show you where the location of mistake is.
The application will also alert you to errors without your verification of the correctness of the conditions when trying to activate a survey containing errors in conditions. More on this in FAQ >>
Numbering of questions is usually automatically generated sequentially (Q1, Q2, Q3…), but by moving or erasing questions order can be broken. By clicking on the button enumerate correct order of question can be established again. This function does not include variables that have already had their names changed. More on this in FAQ >>
- Can I create a table in which a respondent can choose the most and the least important answer (Max-Diff table)?
- How long should my survey be?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- How can I use missing values in conditions?
- How can I personalize my survey with a custom logo?
- How can I set the cell alignment in the table?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- How do I enable spell checking?
- How do I separate different sections of the questionnaire with a title or introductory question
- Where does free help end?
- Can I change the name of the variable with predefined demographic variables?
- How do I change the question type?
- Can I add a new question after the survey is already active?
- Can I make changes to a survey after it has been activated and published?
- Can respondents save or print their answers?
- Which design is the most suitable for mobile devices and tablets?
- For how long is the survey saved and for how long is it active?
- How do I detect logical and technical errors in the questionnaire?
- Why is the CAPTCHA image not displayed?
- When is it advisable to use the question comments function?
- How do I customize the format of the survey to be in line with our organization?
- Can I set a quota for a particular question or questionnaire (restrictions on the number of respondents)?
- How to set that a chosen website is opened to a respondent after completing survey?
- Is it possible to make a copy of an old survey so that new respondents can answer it?
- My survey disappeared
- Can I set the respondent to edit his answers?
- How do I set that respondents skip certain questions that are inappropriate for them (conditions)?
- Is it possible to create several different versions of a questionnaire, with each version randomly assigned to a respondent?
- The questionnaire does not close (when clicking the END button) after survey completion
- How is the tool tested?
- How can the respondents continue with the survey at a later date?
- How do I prevent the same respondent from participating in the survey multiple times?
- Can I change my existing email address to login to 1KA?
- Why is a new question always placed at the bottom of the questionnaire and why do I have to move it up manually?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- How do I change the font size in questions and answers?
- Why is it not advisable to copy text?
- Why is the question numbering not in consecutive order?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- How to set default values for respondents?
- How do I create a one-click log-in confirmation in 1KA?
- Why are the repondent's answers lost in case of 'step by step mode' with question type 'table' if respondent moves to the previous page?
- Can I alter the design of an individual survey?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- What about underage respondents?
- When exporting the questionnaire in MS Word the structure of the questionnaire changes
- Can I display answers in form of a selection list?
- How to properly methodologically set the answers 'Don’t know', 'Invalid', 'None of the above' and 'Refused'?
- Who can respond to my survey?
- Can standard words be altered?
- How can I add another survey administrator?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- Where can I change the language of the survey and 1KA application?
- Measurement and time limitations for responses
- Your first survey
- How to repeat the tittle bar in a table
- Image Hotspot question type
- Advanced questionnaire editing settings
- Use of editor when editing questions
- Editing options in the question taskbar
- Recommendations for minimizing non-response
- Tabs in the questionnaire
- Standard demographics
- The double grid table
- Set up of drag and drop question type
- 1KA registration and login
- 1KA settings for email notifications for completed surveys and insight into the respondent's answers
- System variables in conditions
- Default answer labels
- Creating sub-samples: half of the respondents gets one question, while the other half a different question
- Registration form
- Structuring questions into blocks
- Classifying or ranking
- Mobile survey adjustments
- Settings for respondent access: cookies and passwords
- Survey preview
- Using the IP address and cookies to control duplicate entries
- Settings for exporting PDF/RTF files with responses
- Granting access to helpdesk
- Visual Analogue Scale
- Disabling the question for respondents
- Satisficing in the survey
- Advanced adding of images as an answer
- 'Heatmap' Question
- Recommendations for online surveys on a mobile phone
- Combined table
- Data display (settings)
- GDPR survey settings
- Usage of 'location' question type
- Adding editorial access on 1ka.arnes.si
- Drill-down: sequential filtering of questions
- Inserting images into your questionnaire
- Survey duration based on date or the number of responses
- Different ways to display a question for the date
- Image type of question layout
- Including a video or flash player in your survey
- Import text - copying text to 1KA
- Changing the size of radio and checkbox buttons
- Verification of user’s attention with the use of a “trap” question
- Hiding answers in already active survey
- Adding a new language for the standard words
- Survey settings
- Labelling a question as mandatory
- 'Take a picture' question type
- The use of conditions
- Export (Survey archive)
- Key features that an advanced user should know
- Setting up a static first page (introduction)
- Edit response's values
- Uploading a file
- Text (type of question)
- Transfering values from the answer of one question into the text of another question ( data piping)
- Insert numerical answers with slider
- Creating respondent groups
- Recommendations for questionnaire creation
- Accessibility of surveys for people with special needs
- Display the list of open answers in the survey
- Electronic signature
- Step by step mode with table question type
- E-mail (type of question)
- Semantic differential
- Option to hide radio and checkbox buttons next to categories
- Placing answers on stripe
- Organizing surveys in folders
- Additional settings for the introduction and conclusion