Advanced questionnaire editing settings
In the tab 'EDIT' - 'Questionnaire' 'Advanced editing settings' are available by clicking on the settings icon (wheel-shaped icon) above question types.
1. Display collapsed view
In the collapsed view only questions without answers are shown which in turn enhances transparency. Transparency is especially useful when questionnaires are complex and long. Use of collapsed view is recommended for questionnaires with 30 or more questions. It is possible to switch between collapsed and extended view at any time.
In case of using questions structured in blocks or using conditions, under 'Display collapsed/ extended view' options 'Open all' and 'Close all' are shown. These options can be used to close or open blocks of questions with only one click.
2. Find and replace
Using this function words that are used multiple times in a questionnaire can be easily replaced. In the first input field write the word phase you want to replace and write the word or phrase you want to replace it with into the second input field.
For searching words in questionnaire use function CTRL + F.
3. Add page break between all of the questions
If you want respondents to see each question on its own page, you can add page break between all of the questions with only one click.
4. Check the correctness of the conditions
As a helper with elimination of potential mistakes, option 'Check the correctness of the conditions' is available. This function is very useful if you use conditions and loops in the survey. By clicking on bug shaped icon application will report if your survey contains any mistakes by opening pop-up window. Application will also show you where the location of mistake is.
The application will also alert you to errors without your verification of the correctness of the conditions when trying to activate a survey containing errors in conditions. More on this in FAQ >>
Numbering of questions is usually automatically generated sequentially (Q1, Q2, Q3…), but by moving or erasing questions order can be broken. By clicking on the button enumerate correct order of question can be established again. This function does not include variables that have already had their names changed. More on this in FAQ >>
- Can I set the respondent to edit his answers?
- How to properly methodologically set the answers 'Don’t know', 'Invalid', 'None of the above' and 'Refused'?
- Can I change the name of the variable with predefined demographic variables?
- Can I add a new question after the survey is already active?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- Is it possible to make a copy of an old survey so that new respondents can answer it?
- How can I add another survey administrator?
- Can standard words be altered?
- Which design is the most suitable for mobile devices and tablets?
- Why are the repondent's answers lost in case of 'step by step mode' with question type 'table' if respondent moves to the previous page?
- How can I use missing values in conditions?
- How can I personalize my survey with a custom logo?
- The questionnaire does not close (when clicking the END button) after survey completion
- How to set default values for respondents?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- How do I customize the format of the survey to be in line with our organization?
- How can the respondents continue with the survey at a later date?
- When is it advisable to use the question comments function?
- When exporting the questionnaire in MS Word the structure of the questionnaire changes
- How do I prevent the same respondent from participating in the survey multiple times?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- Can I display answers in form of a selection list?
- How long should my survey be?
- What about underage respondents?
- Can I change my existing email address to login to 1KA?
- Why is the question numbering not in consecutive order?
- How is the tool tested?
- Can I make changes to a survey after it has been activated and published?
- How do I set that respondents skip certain questions that are inappropriate for them (conditions)?
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- Can I set a quota for a particular question or questionnaire (restrictions on the number of respondents)?
- Can I create a table in which a respondent can choose the most and the least important answer (Max-Diff table)?
- How do I change the question type?
- Can respondents save or print their answers?
- Why is a new question always placed at the bottom of the questionnaire and why do I have to move it up manually?
- How to set that a chosen website is opened to a respondent after completing survey?
- Where does free help end?
- Is it possible to create several different versions of a questionnaire, with each version randomly assigned to a respondent?
- How do I change the font size in questions and answers?
- How do I create a one-click log-in confirmation in 1KA?
- Why is the CAPTCHA image not displayed?
- How can I set the cell alignment in the table?
- Where can I change the language of the survey and 1KA application?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- My survey disappeared
- How do I separate different sections of the questionnaire with a title or introductory question
- Can I alter the design of an individual survey?
- How do I detect logical and technical errors in the questionnaire?
- For how long is the survey saved and for how long is it active?
- Why is it not advisable to copy text?
- How do I enable spell checking?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- Who can respond to my survey?
- Standard demographics
- System variables in conditions
- Image type of question layout
- Hiding answers in already active survey
- Usage of 'location' question type
- Placing answers on stripe
- Adding editorial access on 1ka.arnes.si
- Changing the size of radio and checkbox buttons
- GDPR survey settings
- Set up of drag and drop question type
- Different ways to display a question for the date
- Data display (settings)
- Including a video or flash player in your survey
- Survey duration based on date or the number of responses
- Insert numerical answers with slider
- Measurement and time limitations for responses
- Mobile survey adjustments
- Recommendations for online surveys on a mobile phone
- Settings for respondent access: cookies and passwords
- Key features that an advanced user should know
- Export (Survey archive)
- Accessibility of surveys for people with special needs
- Setting up a static first page (introduction)
- Disabling the question for respondents
- Recommendations for questionnaire creation
- Text (type of question)
- Organizing surveys in folders
- Editing options in the question taskbar
- Using the IP address and cookies to control duplicate entries
- Advanced adding of images as an answer
- Creating respondent groups
- Settings for exporting PDF/RTF files with responses
- Tabs in the questionnaire
- Combined table
- Advanced questionnaire editing settings
- Inserting images into your questionnaire
- Additional settings for the introduction and conclusion
- Granting access to helpdesk
- Your first survey
- Registration form
- Classifying or ranking
- Step by step mode with table question type
- Image Hotspot question type
- The use of conditions
- 1KA registration and login
- Visual Analogue Scale
- 'Heatmap' Question
- Option to hide radio and checkbox buttons next to categories
- Survey preview
- Default answer labels
- Satisficing in the survey
- Display the list of open answers in the survey
- How to repeat the tittle bar in a table
- The double grid table
- Electronic signature
- Labelling a question as mandatory
- Drill-down: sequential filtering of questions
- Semantic differential
- 1KA settings for email notifications for completed surveys and insight into the respondent's answers
- 'Take a picture' question type
- Transfering values from the answer of one question into the text of another question ( data piping)
- Edit response's values
- Recommendations for minimizing non-response
- Survey settings
- Structuring questions into blocks
- Verification of user’s attention with the use of a “trap” question
- E-mail (type of question)
- Import text - copying text to 1KA
- Creating sub-samples: half of the respondents gets one question, while the other half a different question
- Use of editor when editing questions