Adding Data (Append)
If you have carried out a survey using face-to-face field surveying, online surveying in other tools (i.e. not via the 1KA web survey), but you wish to merge your survey data, you can add the external data to the 1KA data in the 'DATA' – 'Import' – 'Add data' tab. Adding data is only available to 3KA private package users.
If the variable does not exist yet, you must first create a new question of the appropriate type in the 'EDIT' - 'Questionnaire' tab and then insert the additional data into the list. You must separate each unit (row) of an individual variable with a comma. You can also import additional data from a file (e.g. Excel). It is important that the variables are listed in the correct order.
With the 'radio button' type of variables (only one answer is possible), you first check which answer values you have in the survey and then add them as numerical values. For instance, if the available answers are: "apple", "banana", "pineapple", their successive numerical values are 1, 2, 3, and have to be entered in such a way as data.
On the other hand, if you have the 'checkbox' type of variables (multiple possible answers), check what values the answers have (e.g. Q2a, Q2b,...) and insert the data into the database in such a way. Since there are multiple answers available, you need to be careful not to separate them with a comma, but rather with a space. If you separate them with a comma, the system will identify it as an answer to another variable.
For the exercise, you can use the prepared survey in the Public library tab (survey library - 1KA examples of questionnaires - 1KA questionnaires - example of adding data) and copy it (by clicking the 'Copy survey' on the right side of the screen). When you have a survey, you need a data file, which you can download to your computer HERE.
Open this file and delete the first row with the names of the variables - that is intended only to remind you that the columns in Excel must be sorted in the same way as the 1KA questions. After deleting the first line, save the file, and then follow the instructions/steps to add data, that are in the 'Import' - 'Add data' tab.
- What Kind of Customer Support Does 1KA Offer?
- I Am Experiencing Difficulties When Exporting My Data to SPSS Syntax
- I Am Not Sure if All Units Are Included in the Analysis
- How Is the Tool Tested?
- Export to Excel: Why Does a Warning Window Always Pop up When I’m Exporting the File to Excel?
- Is the Data Deleted From 1KA After I Export It?
- Why Can’t I Select ‘All Units’ When Overviewing Data?
- Where Does Free Help End?
- How to Properly Methodologically Set the Answers ‘Don’t Know’, ‘Invalid’, ‘None of the Above’ and ‘Refused’?
- Is the Survey Saved if the Respondent Does Not Answer a Certain Question?
- Why Are Some of My Data Missing?
- Database Data Is Demolished, Values Are Not Correct or There Is No Data.
- How to Edit Answers Within the Data?
- How Can I Find a Specific Record in the Data (Respondents Answers)?
- Why Are the Repondent’s Answers Lost in Case of ‘Step by Step Mode’ With Question Type ‘Table’ if Respondent Moves to the Previous Page?
- Can I Exclude Unfinished Questionnaires From Survey Data?
- Why Did Several Respondents From the Same IP Address Completed the Survey?
- How Do I Delete Data and Test Units After Testing?
- Are Mobile Surveys Supported by 1KA?
- How Do I Clear My Browser’s Cookies?
- What Is the Limitation on the Number of Questions and Respondents?
- How Do I Change or Update My Browser?
- Viewing Respondents’ Answers: How to View Them in Questionnaire Form (Instead of a Table)?
- How to Obtain Data on Individual Surveys From the Summary (Sums)?
- Export to Excel: Why Are Answers Incomplete When I Export the Data to Excel?
- How Can I Create a Quick List of Responses?
- Can I Make Changes to a Survey After It Has Been Activated and Published?
- How Do I Quote / Cite the Use of 1KA in My Work?
- How Do I Delete the Answers of One or More Respondents From the Data Table?
- Export to Excel: Why Is the Numeric Variable Exported as a ‘String’ or Text?
- Why Is the Question Numbering Not in Consecutive Order?
- How Safe Is It to Store Data on 1KA?
- Can I Restore Data I Accidentally Deleted?
- What Is the Difference Between a Computed Value and a Computation?
- What Do Negative Values in the Survey Data Mean and Where Can I Set Them?
- What Is the Difference Between Coding and Recoding?
- Can I Export Only a Certain Set of Variables (And Not All of Them)?
- What About Underage Respondents?
- Survey Data, Paradata, Identifiers, and System Variables
- Insight Into the Respondents’ Answers
- Merging Data
- Status of Units, Relevance, Validity and Missing Values
- Recommendations for Minimizing Non-response
- Public URL to View Data and Analysis
- Export to Excel
- Your First Survey
- Settings for Exporting PDF/RTF Files With Responses
- Granting Access to Helpdesk
- Export to Text File
- Computed Values
- Data Updates (File vs. Database)
- 1KA Registration and Login
- Export to SPSS
- Adding Data (Append)
- Manual Coding
- Automatic Coding
- Measurement and Time Limitations for Responses