Adding data (append)
If you have carried out a survey using face-to-face field surveying, online surveying in other tools (i.e. not via the 1KA web survey), but you wish to merge your survey data, you can add the external data to the 1KA data in the 'DATA' – 'Import' – 'Add data' tab.
If the variable does not exist yet, you must first create a new question of the appropriate type in the 'EDIT' - 'Questionnaire' tab and then insert the additional data into the list. You must separate each unit (row) of an individual variable with a comma. You can also import additional data from a file (e.g. Excel). It is important that the variables are listed in the correct order.
With the 'radio button' type of variables (only one answer is possible), you first check which answer values you have in the survey and then add them as numerical values. For instance, if the available answers are: "apple", "banana", "pineapple", their successive numerical values are 1, 2, 3, and have to be entered in such a way as data.
On the other hand, if you have the 'checkbox' type of variables (multiple possible answers), check what values the answers have (e.g. Q2a, Q2b,...) and insert the data into the database in such a way. Since there are multiple answers available, you need to be careful not to separate them with a comma, but rather with a space. If you separate them with a comma, the system will identify it as an answer to another variable.
For the exercise, you can use the prepared survey in the Public library tab (survey library - 1KA examples of questionnaires - 1KA questionnaires - example of adding data) and copy it (by clicking the 'Copy survey' on the right side of the screen). When you have a survey, you need a data file, which you can download to your computer HERE.
Open this file and delete the first row with the names of the variables - that is intended only to remind you that the columns in Excel must be sorted in the same way as the 1KA questions. After deleting the first line, save the file, and then follow the instructions/steps to add data, that are in the 'Import' - 'Add data' tab.
- I am not sure if all units are included in the analysis
- How do I clear my browser's cookies?
- How to edit answers within the data?
- Is the data deleted from 1KA after I export it?
- Viewing respondents' answers: how to view them in questionnaire form (instead of a table)?
- Where does free help end?
- Can I restore data I accidentally deleted?
- What kind of customer support does 1KA offer?
- How do I quote / cite the use of 1KA in my work?
- How can I create a quick list of responses?
- How to obtain data on individual surveys from the summary (sums)?
- Export to Excel: Why are answers incomplete when I export the data to Excel?
- Can I export only a certain set of variables (and not all of them)?
- What is the difference between a computed value and a computation?
- Why are some of my data missing?
- How to properly methodologically set the answers 'Don’t know', 'Invalid', 'None of the above' and 'Refused'?
- Can I make changes to a survey after it has been activated and published?
- Export to Excel: Why does a warning window always pop up when I'm exporting the file to Excel?
- Can I exclude unfinished questionnaires from survey data?
- How safe is it to store data on 1KA?
- How can I find a specific record in the data (respondents answers)?
- Is the survey saved if the respondent does not answer a certain question?
- Why are the repondent's answers lost in case of 'step by step mode' with question type 'table' if respondent moves to the previous page?
- Why did several respondents from the same IP address fulfilled the survey?
- Why is the question numbering not in consecutive order?
- What is the limitation on the number of questions and respondents?
- What do negative values in the survey data mean and where can I set them?
- I am experiencing difficulties when exporting my data to SPSS
- How do I delete the answers of one or more respondents from the data table?
- How do I change or update my browser?
- Are mobile surveys supported by 1KA?
- Database data is demolished, values are not correct or there is no data.
- Export to Excel: Why is the numeric variable exported as a 'string' or text?
- Why can't I select 'All units' when overviewing data?
- What is the difference between coding and recoding?
- How do I remove the test units from the data?
- How is the tool tested?
- What about underage respondents?
- Merging data
- Automatic coding
- Export to text file
- Status of units, relevance, validity and missing values
- Survey data, paradata, identifiers, and system variables
- Granting access to helpdesk
- Manual coding
- 1KA registration and login
- Settings for exporting PDF/RTF files with responses
- Public URL to view data and analysis
- Export to SPSS
- Measurement and time limitations for responses
- Your first survey
- Data updates (file vs. database)
- Export to Excel
- Recommendations for minimizing non-response
- Insight into the respondents' answers
- Adding data (append)
- Computed values