Adding Data (Append)
If you have carried out a survey using face-to-face field surveying, online surveying in other tools (i.e. not via the 1KA web survey), but you wish to merge your survey data, you can add the external data to the 1KA data in the 'DATA' – 'Import' – 'Add data' tab. Adding data is only available to 3KA private package users.
If the variable does not exist yet, you must first create a new question of the appropriate type in the 'EDIT' - 'Questionnaire' tab and then insert the additional data into the list. You must separate each unit (row) of an individual variable with a comma. You can also import additional data from a file (e.g. Excel). It is important that the variables are listed in the correct order.
With the 'radio button' type of variables (only one answer is possible), you first check which answer values you have in the survey and then add them as numerical values. For instance, if the available answers are: "apple", "banana", "pineapple", their successive numerical values are 1, 2, 3, and have to be entered in such a way as data.
On the other hand, if you have the 'checkbox' type of variables (multiple possible answers), check what values the answers have (e.g. Q2a, Q2b,...) and insert the data into the database in such a way. Since there are multiple answers available, you need to be careful not to separate them with a comma, but rather with a space. If you separate them with a comma, the system will identify it as an answer to another variable.
For the exercise, you can use the prepared survey in the Public library tab (survey library - 1KA examples of questionnaires - 1KA questionnaires - example of adding data) and copy it (by clicking the 'Copy survey' on the right side of the screen). When you have a survey, you need a data file, which you can download to your computer HERE.
Open this file and delete the first row with the names of the variables - that is intended only to remind you that the columns in Excel must be sorted in the same way as the 1KA questions. After deleting the first line, save the file, and then follow the instructions/steps to add data, that are in the 'Import' - 'Add data' tab.
- Why Can’t I Select ‘All Units’ When Overviewing Data?
- Can I Make Changes to a Survey After It Has Been Activated and Published?
- Why Is the Question Numbering Not in Consecutive Order?
- Is the Data Deleted From 1KA After I Export It?
- Can I Exclude Unfinished Questionnaires From Survey Data?
- Export to Excel: Why Is the Numeric Variable Exported as a ‘String’ or Text?
- How Do I Change or Update My Browser?
- Database Data Is Demolished, Values Are Not Correct or There Is No Data.
- Where Does Free Help End?
- Viewing Respondents’ Answers: How to View Them in Questionnaire Form (Instead of a Table)?
- How Can I Create a Quick List of Responses?
- What Is the Difference Between a Computed Value and a Computation?
- How Can I Find a Specific Record in the Data (Respondents Answers)?
- What Is the Difference Between Coding and Recoding?
- How Safe Is It to Store Data on 1KA?
- What Do Negative Values in the Survey Data Mean and Where Can I Set Them?
- How to Obtain Data on Individual Surveys From the Summary (Sums)?
- Can I Export Only a Certain Set of Variables (And Not All of Them)?
- How to Edit Answers Within the Data?
- How Is the Tool Tested?
- How Do I Delete the Answers of One or More Respondents From the Data Table?
- How to Properly Methodologically Set the Answers ‘Don’t Know’, ‘Invalid’, ‘None of the Above’ and ‘Refused’?
- Why Are the Repondent’s Answers Lost in Case of ‘Step by Step Mode’ With Question Type ‘Table’ if Respondent Moves to the Previous Page?
- How Do I Clear My Browser’s Cookies?
- Export to Excel: Why Does a Warning Window Always Pop up When I’m Exporting the File to Excel?
- Are Mobile Surveys Supported by 1KA?
- Why Are Some of My Data Missing?
- Why Did Several Respondents From the Same IP Address Completed the Survey?
- I Am Experiencing Difficulties When Exporting My Data to SPSS Syntax
- What Is the Limitation on the Number of Questions and Respondents?
- Is the Survey Saved if the Respondent Does Not Answer a Certain Question?
- What Kind of Customer Support Does 1KA Offer?
- How Do I Quote / Cite the Use of 1KA in My Work?
- Can I Restore Data I Accidentally Deleted?
- I Am Not Sure if All Units Are Included in the Analysis
- Export to Excel: Why Are Answers Incomplete When I Export the Data to Excel?
- How Do I Delete Data and Test Units After Testing?
- What About Underage Respondents?
- Measurement and Time Limitations for Responses
- Adding Data (Append)
- Merging Data
- Manual Coding
- Export to SPSS
- Public URL to View Data and Analysis
- Recommendations for Minimizing Non-response
- Export to Excel
- Automatic Coding
- 1KA Registration and Login
- Status of Units, Relevance, Validity and Missing Values
- Survey Data, Paradata, Identifiers, and System Variables
- Data Updates (File vs. Database)
- Export to Text File
- Granting Access to Helpdesk
- Insight Into the Respondents’ Answers
- Your First Survey
- Settings for Exporting PDF/RTF Files With Responses
- Computed Values